Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many of Vinny's picks survive?

NoVaSkins21

This is a more of question and not a poll because I don't know how to set that up. Since the team is in the evaluation phase, I wanted to know from you guys about the number of Vinny's picks making the team next year. I also know a lot of that has to do with who the head coach is. Personally, I think that Justin Tryon and Rob Jackson are gone given the amount of depth already at those position. I also think Colt Brennan may be on the bubble because of his height and throwing style.

I’m pretty sure Horton, Thomas, Davis, and Kelly will be on the team (although Kelly may have to fight to keep his job especially in a potential uncapped year). I’m not sold on Brennan after seeing him struggle in the preseason against opponents 3rd teams (yes I know our 3rd team was in too) I couldn’t help but think of Jordan Palmer.

I'm almost sure Brennan will be on the team next year. Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly will be here. The only reason Fred Davis wouldn't be is if we get a good trade offer for him. Marko should still be here. Justin Tryon will be here because Rogers is gone after this season. Horton should be here but he may not because if we move Landry to SS and Doughty to FS it will clog the position.

Tryon has been coming around, PLUS Rogers might be on his way out. That'll leave the Skins with Hall, Smoot, Barnes, Westbrook. Tryon stays.

Rob Jackson stays for dept, unless Allen drafts a replacement at DE or SAM (move 'Rak on the line). Remember, Daniels and Wynn signed 1 year contracts and both age 35+. Skins are left with Carter, Jarmon, Alexander?, Wilson?

Eddie Williams (H-Back) would be the odd man unless he shows something at OTA's and camp. Oh and healthy!

Robert Henson needs play time......NOW!

Our 2008 Draft

Devin Thomas WR

Fred Davis TE

Malcolm Kelly WR

Chad Rinehart G

Justin Tryon CB

Durant Brooks P

Kareem Moore S

Colt Brennan QB

Rob Jackson DE

Chris Horton S

We already cut Brooks, the others I believe are still on the team. The only guys who I see as being cut might be Kelly, Moore, Jackson but only if we bring in more players.

2009 Draft

Brian Orakpo DE

Kevin Barnes CB

Cody Glenn LB

Robert Henson LB

Eddie Williams TE

Marko Mitchell WR

We already got rid of Cody Glen. Henson and Williams might get cut.

Those are two awesome drafts

assuming we cut ARE and trade moss?

sure if they can fill those roles why not

Those would be two really good moves to make. ARE's reputation as a "threat" on returns might garner him yet another reprieve. Moss I see as 50/50; I have hope that he might show some flashes again, but I'm resigned to the fact that he probably won't. Therefore, better to deal him while people around the league think he is still the Moss of five years ago. ARE just needs to be axed, we'll get little to nothing in return for him.

We all need to keep in mind that where we pick in the draft and what players that nets us will affect which of Vinny's picks stay and which ones go. Besides the dearth of offensive linemen, I think Cerratto's drafts were not that bad. That is, he did okay with what had to work with. The root problem was that there were never enough picks to build with.

Those would be two really good moves to make. ARE's reputation as a "threat" on returns might garner him yet another reprieve.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:A threat for what? Fumbling? Running sideways? Getting hit in the face with the ball and letting it hit the ground?

The sooner ARE becomes FORMER Redskin ARE, the better!

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:A threat for what? Fumbling? Running sideways? Getting hit in the face with the ball and letting it hit the ground?

The sooner ARE becomes FORMER Redskin ARE, the better!

qft. What an awful signing that was. ARE is a quarter of shell of the guy he was with the Steelers.

Archived