Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone think it could be a combo of Allen/Shanahan/Gruden?

Griff

No way. Gruden is locked into his ESPN contract. Why would Dan buy that out, turn around & pay Chucky again with a new contract plus pay Shanny? Think about it. It makes zero sense when Shanny is the big fish that's going to be landed here.

Okay TK, so is this how it shakes out?

Allen - GM/Executive VP of Football Operations

Shanahan - HC and President

Doug Williams - Director of Player Personnel

Take a second and look up Jake Plummer's stats with Shanny and without.

Take a second and look at Cutler's stats with Shanny and without.

Heck, take a second and look at CP's stats with Shanny and without.

Take a second and look at Elway's rings with Shanny and without.

Not saying Shannahan is the reason for all this success, but give the man some credit. With your logic, I can say Bellicheck is nothing without Brady...just saying...

Well put sir! I am not a huge Shanny fan, too ignorant of the details to count as such, but I am not a detractor either for the same reason. At least the man has proven himself capable of running an NFL team and fielding a winning squad more oten than not. It seems like he had a string of running backs who did well with him then left and did, if not nothing, much less.

Not saying Shannahan is the reason for all this success, but give the man some credit. With your logic, I can say Bellicheck is nothing without Brady...just saying...

Nice comeback. and we can't say that about Gibbs as he did it with 3 QBs and 3 RB's and several HOGS.

I don't know a darn things about contracts.

But, it seems to me if Jon Gruden wanted out of his contract bad enough, ESPN would more then likely grant him that option. Essentially, ESPN would then likely just workout some type of buyout or even payback situation.

I'm sure Mr. Synder wouldn't mind giving Chucky enough money to forget about what he's leaving at ESPN.

No way. Gruden is locked into his ESPN contract. Why would Dan buy that out, turn around & pay Chucky again with a new contract plus pay Shanny? Think about it. It makes zero sense when Shanny is the big fish that's going to be landed here.

Actually Gruden is not bound by the tv contract if he were to leave for an NFL coaching job, he just can't leave for another network or if he were to try and re-enter broadcasting ESPN would hold his rights, of course that's all contingent on the terms of the contract he initially signed but he can definitely leave for an NFL coaching job

Proof of the last statement check the Browns from 1991-1995.

Archived