Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone think it could be a combo of Allen/Shanahan/Gruden?

Griff

This is just a thought I had, it could be Allen as GM, mostly handling the cap and contracts, Shanahan as Team President, evaluating talent and picking players doing all the hiring in a Bill Parcells type role and Jon Gruden as Head coach. I know it is far fetched but with our team anything can and usually does happen.

This is just a thought I had, it could be Allen as GM, mostly handling the cap and contracts, Shanahan as Team President, evaluating talent and picking players doing all the hiring in a Bill Parcells type role and Jon Gruden as Head coach. I know it is far fetched but with our team anything can and usually does happen.

Given that Allen was brought in already, if this was the case, why isn't Shanny already announced as Team President?

No way. Gruden is locked into his ESPN contract. Why would Dan buy that out, turn around & pay Chucky again with a new contract plus pay Shanny? Think about it. It makes zero sense when Shanny is the big fish that's going to be landed here.

I rather have Holmgren than Shanny.

Shanny has shown hes nothing with out Terrell Davis and Elway.

Take a second and look up Jake Plummer's stats with Shanny and without.

Take a second and look at Cutler's stats with Shanny and without.

Heck, take a second and look at CP's stats with Shanny and without.

Take a second and look at Elway's rings with Shanny and without.

Not saying Shannahan is the reason for all this success, but give the man some credit. With your logic, I can say Bellicheck is nothing without Brady...just saying...

Holmgren has shown nothing without Steve Hutchinson and Walter Jones.

The guy put up very good teams in Green Bay and Seattle.

A Seattle team which was garbage and almost Bengals like.

Shanny with out Elway/T.Davis has done nothing. At least we have seen Holmgren take two different teams to NFC Championship games with two different QB´s.

I know it is way left field thinking, but I just wanted you guys thoughts. Money never seems to be an issue for us, and if Gruden didn't work out then Mike could step back into being the Head Coach with a couple of years of buying his own groceries.

Archived