Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I can't believe these NFL Network commentators are PAID to call games

kiingspadee

Today, watching the Falcons/Jets game, the Falcons scored their only TD making the score 10-7 & the commentator (can't remember who it was) kept saying that the game was tied at 10. :doh: I had just turned the game on only a few minutes earlier & was thinking "Either the scorekeeper is behind or this commentator is a complete idiot. Hasn't he been AT THE GAME the whole time?"

Troy Aikman is by & large one of the best commentators in football. Not so much Joe Buck, but Troy definitely is one of the best, if not the best out there. Joe Buck is a tool, but he does a good job with the play-by-play. I just think he's a tool & should stick to what he knows...baseball.

Today, watching the Falcons/Jets game, the Falcons scored their only TD making the score 10-7 & the commentator (can't remember who it was) kept saying that the game was tied at 10. :doh: I had just turned the game on only a few minutes earlier & was thinking "Either the scorekeeper is behind or this commentator is a complete idiot. Hasn't he been AT THE GAME the whole time?"
OK, good, so I'm NOT going crazy.

Who was it that kept calling Orakpo ORAPKO last week? That was ****ing annoying.

I think it was Dick Stockton. He's awful, and he's paired with someone who I swear is Don Cheadle with a good makeup job. Unfortunately, Don Cheadle In Disguise is equally awful.

I think it was Dick Stockton. He's awful, and he's paired with someone who I swear is Don Cheadle with a good makeup job. Unfortunately, Don Cheadle In Disguise is equally awful.

Stockton also referred to the Jets as the Eagles and said, "Let's go to the referee for the first penalty of the game" when there had already been at least two. I swear, it always seems like he's calling some other game. And who can forget Scott Brunell? :doh:

I nominate Jim Nantz and Phil Simms as the best commentators in the NFL. They do very good work for CBS, and the mistakes are almost non-exsistant when the call games. Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are also good, but I really like Gus Johnson on CBS. During the OAK-DEN game yesterday, he made JaMarcus Russell's drive to win the game sound like Elway's drive against the Browns.

I actually like Pappas (though he's much better when he calls boxing). I think having Millen there with him is what screws it up. Geez that guy has to be the most irritating figure involved with the any broadcast. That's saying something.

I do like how Millen was talking up Roy Williams :doh:

Archived