Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Audio: Police OK Woman's Killing Of Intruder

Hunter44

I'm a big fan of gun rights and I would have blown that guys head off had I been in that woman's situation. Having said that what Ardowling advises here, and someone else said in this thread, is basically the best way to shoot an innocent person. People have shot relatives and others that didn't need to be shot because of their precious (and moronic) notion of tactical advantage.

You know the house you know where they are. A cry from inside an unfamiliar landscape will not give kill you if you have your firearm on the target. It will however save you from shooting your daughter sneaking into the house or someone else that means you no harm and my have been invited by someone else in your home without you knowing it.

If you don't identify you're target properly, and you shoot a family member or some other innocent, you should be charged with murder. There is no excuse for making that kind of error.

Like I said before, I have no problem with what this poor woman did, and I feel for what she had to go though.

However, I can't escape the nagging feeling that a couple of the posters in this thread almost WANT to be put in that situation so that they finally get to blow a bad guy away with their shiny powerful guns. Maybe it's just me? :whoknows:

Like I said before, I have no problem with what this poor woman did, and I feel for what she had to go though.

However, I can't escape the nagging feeling that a couple of the posters in this thread almost WANT to be put in that situation so that they finally get to blow a bad guy away with their shiny powerful guns. Maybe it's just me? :whoknows:

Naw, It's not just you...:silly:

What if you didnt have a gun. What if you had, say, a machete?

I hate to bring this up but its something I've thought about a lot the last two years. What if.

If you live 30 minutes from the nearest police officer... you should own several guns (and have a great alarm system). If you don't want to go that route you should plan escape routes. Guns are ubiquitous amongst criminals in the United States, a point that should be considered before seeking to combat one while armed with a large butter knife.

If you live 30 minutes from the nearest police officer... you should own several guns (and have a great alarm system). If you don't want to go that route you should plan escape routes. Guns are ubiquitous amongst criminals in the United States, a point that should be considered before seeking to combat one while armed with a large butter knife.

I was talking more about the "tactical advantage" approach as opposed to making it known that you are in the house. See: Sean Taylor.

Another thing one should be aware of in a home defense situation is the risk of shooting a neighbor, especially if you live in a apartment or townhome. You could potentially kill an innocent bystander if you miss.

The fact that many gun owners may not be skilled with firearms and/or could be scared makes the situation dangerous for bystanders in- and outside of the home.

Another thing one should be aware of in a home defense situation is the risk of shooting a neighbor, especially if you live in a apartment or townhome. You could potentially kill an innocent bystander if you miss.

The fact that many gun owners may not be skilled with firearms and/or could be scared makes the situation dangerous for bystanders in- and outside of the home.

Even if you don't miss there is danger to those behind them from some calibers,especially in apartments/townhouses

Knowing your gun and your loads is about as important as aim.

That's why you use a shotgun with 00 buck, it won't go through a wall into the next house but will deliever enough power to kill. By "tactical advantage" I am not talking about clearing rooms, that is a difficult task to say the least. What I am talking about is going to your safe room which hopefully has choke points (doorway) that funnel the bad guys into a kill zone, be quiet and don't give away your position. While you cover the door your spouse, child, whoever has 911 on the phone. You do not leave that area until the police show up and you coordinate meeting them through 911.

I was waiting for the smart ass comment about someone just waiting for this to happen so they could try out their shiny new gun, and its really sad that someone had to jump to such a conclusion, I've been shot at and I've returned fire, it anit no fun and I don't wish to have to do it again, but I will do what I have to do. Finally if you are really serious about using a weapon to protect your family, you have to practice, practice, practice. Come up with a plan and drill everyone on it so it is second nature in your household

Archived