Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Zorn is gone after the season, does our playbook go to?

HRNY4ZRNY

My question is simple. If Campbell is retained and Zorn is fired, could we still keep the playbook? The only reason I want to keep his playbook is because Jason has been doing better and our receivers have been doing better.

What is everyone's thoughts?

We don't need to keep Zorn's playbook because it comes from the WCO.

To maintain continuity all we need to do is bring another coach that runs a WCO and the odds are pretty good that whatever WCO coach comes here would run a better offense and have a better playbook then Zorn.

If Zorn is let go, then the playbook will go as well. We used to be a good running team first along with a decent passing game. Our passing game for the last few years has been horrible. Zorn will end up still employed in the NFL working back in Seattle. When we dumped Al Saunders offense no one got that upset about it. While we all would like a one year dramatic turnaround it is unlikely to happen as you have to build a new offensive line, find a new quarterback and find a new explosive running back while also figuring out which players to let go. We need a competent General Manager who will be a workaholic in the offseason to identify new talent for the head coach. Zorn was put in a tough spot but he agreed to coach with the coaches that were here and the players who were here. He will be a better coach at his next stop given the adversity he has had to confront while here. Ex-players often do well when they leave the Skins and he will do ok as well. There is a lot of dead weight that needs to be cut. Jack Welch, former CEO of General Electric should be brought in to consult for a month or two and show Vinny how to evaluate talent. Jack was known for his sharp knife and letting people go who were poor performers.

Zorn wasn't a great hire. Never an OC or HC. So what really was expected from him??? I think exactly what we got. Was he ever considered a reasonable hire? Or just a stop gap lending to the "sacraficial lamb"?

Under the circumstances I would not be against keeping what we have one more year with the fullest intent to upgrade the long ignored O-line.

If their is a new playbook and Campbell is retained it will be his "1st" year in the system. Geez I say new coach, new playbook new QB. If we keep Zorns playbook for continuity and just adjust some things than keep Jason and look for a QB when we solidfy our OL.

What if Blatche is DC. Sherm Lewis is OC with an assistant Meidt. Gray is HC. Could we keep Zorn's playbook if he is let go? Or does he own it our something? Could we buy it from him.

I dont think these plays our so great. I just would hate to change the terminology and our receivers have to think about them instead of just playing like they have. Does anyone know what I mean?

You know after two years they are finally getting better! Now we are going to start from play one with a new guy showing them how to run their routes. They will be behind the curve again.

Yeah 3 years....Problem is the longer hes been here the worse weve become.Last season we were still using alot of Gibbs plays while Zorn added his plays in.The more plays hes added the worse weve done.We started off hot and ended dismal.This year weve just continued where we left off and will have a worse record.

It would be 1 thing if i saw continued improvement.But we are really seeing the complete opposite.So i say no.

Yeah 3 years....Problem is the longer hes been here the worse weve become.Last season we were still using alot of Gibbs plays while Zorn added his plays in.The more plays hes added the worse weve done.We started off hot and ended dismal.This year weve just continued where we left off and will have a worse record.

It would be 1 thing if i saw continued improvement.But we are really seeing the complete opposite.So i say no.

But havent you seen improvement with Devin Thomas in the last couple weeks? Malcom Kelly finally is playing better to. Also Fred Davis is getting better. I think Zorns plays can work with the right play caller.

Kelly has had to huge plays in the last 2 weeks. Devin has caught a TD with Sherm Lewis calling the plays. Fred Davis has been playing alot better making people miss.

I am seeing improvement. What makes you think they wont improve more next season?

If Zorn is gone, so is the playbook. I am starting to think that JC may be around next year. There simply are not better options available. I too think JC has progressed. Regarding the lack of game winning drives--it takes a team. QB's take too much credit for success and too much blame for failure. Look at Vince Young last week (after being labeled a bust by many) and ask yourself who on the 'skins makes that touchdown catch to win the game. Answer: nobody. Yet Young is getting all the credit. I'm not knocking him--he played great. My point is, it takes all 11 guys for success to happen.

Hate to say it but our playbook looked fine today with Zorn not calling plays.

Campbell had a career day.

Thomas had two TD's.

Davis had another TD on the season.

It would a ashame to blow it up 1 year before everyone starts executing on a normal basis.

HAIL Redskins.

We lost to the Saints but we played our ASSES off!

Im proud to be a Skins fan today!

Archived