Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offense Scores enough this week!

Ynot

Offense scores enough this week, will the defense say I am sorry this week. Their were rumblings on the offense from the Defense. Well they gave you an 8 point lead and you still give up a 4th quarter touchdown.

Yes the offense may have been conservative after the interception but yo uhave the 4th rank defense (overrated) to stop them.....

So lets here the offense say something to the defense this week....

they need to start holding each other accountable. This team just does not make a play when needed.

The defense did get them the ball back and they were horrible......

"Drastic's" post pretty much sums it up.. We stink in the clutch.. O, D, QB, HC, GM, etc. all have the same story.. Look "decent" when it dont really matter, and choke badly when it counts.. Not sure how ya fix that.. I think a little "attitude" by the coach and qb would go a long way.. Neither of them look like they know what a "winner" looks or acts like.

Ha. People continue to blame the Defense. Ridiculous. How about our Offense just SOMETIMES score enough points to extend our leads to more than just one TD.......

Up by 8 in the 4th quarter. Defense allows the Eagles to score 11 points on their final two drives. How can you not blame the defense?

Especially with an offense severely handicapped, playing with 4th string lineman and 3rd/4th/5th string running backs.

Cambell just shows no emotions. They need a leader. Doug Williams and Mark Rypien were not Hall of Fame QB's quarterbacks, but they had spunk and leadership abilities. Campbell does not show that on the field or off.

I remember both Doug and Ryp clapping their hands and yelling lets go. They would not hesitate to talk to the receivers, You never see Campbell doing that. Have you watch Favre going and talking to his receivers. Did you see peyton talking to his recievers, I cannt recall Campbell every doing that

Up by 8 in the 4th quarter. Defense allows the Eagles to score 11 points on their final two drives. How can you not blame the defense?

Especially with an offense severely handicapped, playing with 4th string lineman and 3rd/4th/5th string running backs.

You could blame the offense for not scoring enough or you can blame the defense for not protecting our 8 point lead with a whole quarter of football left. I blame the eagles defense for catching on and adjusting to Campbells screen passes to the RB's on third downs man he's becoming spectacular to watch.

After going up on the Eagles in the 3rd quarter we forced two 3 and outs and then picked McNabb off.

The game should've been put away then, but the offense couldn't keep any momentum.

Maybe So, but the Defense could have made a play also they had two chances but let them drive 90 yards and then go right down for a chippy field goal...

I agree Campbell and the offense could have made some plays. But why does the Defense always fold late in the 4th?

You could blame the offense for not scoring enough or you can blame the defense for not protecting our 8 point lead with a whole quarter of football left. I blame the eagles defense for catching on and adjusting to Campbells screen passes to the RB's on third downs man he's becoming spectacular to watch.

It's Campbell's fault that the coaches call for screen plays?

totally agree with some of the individuals that have posted above...stop blaming the defense in this game...the offense had I think 3 or so 3 and outs in the 3rd and 4th quarters and one of them was a total of 1 yard on 3 plays so I mean it isn't just one side of the ball you can blame...I mean we should have scored more points bottom line!!!!

Cambell just shows no emotions. They need a leader. Doug Williams and Mark Rypien were not Hall of Fame QB's quarterbacks, but they had spunk and leadership abilities. Campbell does not show that on the field or off.

I remember both Doug and Ryp clapping their hands and yelling lets go. They would not hesitate to talk to the receivers, You never see Campbell doing that. Have you watch Favre going and talking to his receivers. Did you see peyton talking to his recievers, I cannt recall Campbell every doing that

Try watching the games. Your statement is patently false.

The defense has played pretty well IMO, its always the offense that cannot get any td's.

Yea, the defense had them stopped at the goal line, but look at JC in the last drive; throws to the feet of Moss, an uncatchable ball.

But the secondary needs to stick to fundamentals of tackling, especially LL.

Next year, next year...

The defense has played pretty well IMO, its always the offense that cannot get any td's.

Yea, the defense had them stopped at the goal line, but look at JC in the last drive; throws to the feet of Moss, an uncatchable ball.

But the secondary needs to stick to fundamentals of tackling, especially LL.

Next year, next year...

Campbell scored three touchdowns. I mean, your first sentence makes the rest of your post worthless.

The defense gave it up in the fourth quarter as always, but let's remember that we were without Haynesworth, Hall, and Smoot at that point. Rogers wasn't spectacular, either.

Not that Campbell's two dumbass picks (See #22? Don't throw to him.) didn't help, but to fault him for not scoring three touchdowns is ridiculous. He also didn't call the screen passes.

This one's on the defense.

this just in:

if we would have had enough points we would have won the game! It's as simple as that!

If OUr Defense could stop someone in the last minutes of the 4th quarter we could have won three straight!

Of course we could score more points. Last week it was if the offense could just score 20 we would never loose, That is what this post is about.

One week it is that the offense did not score enough, this week the offense did score yet the Defense faltered at the end, yes faltered.

Yes Jason did nothing the last couple of drives and at least he had a chance to be a hero and was horrible.

WHen was the last time Jason led this team on a winning drive?

If OUr Defense could stop someone in the last minutes of the 4th quarter we could have won three straight!

Of course we could score more points. Last week it was if the offense could just score 20 we would never loose, That is what this post is about.

One week it is that the offense did not score enough, this week the offense did score yet the Defense faltered at the end, yes faltered.

Yes Jason did nothing the last couple of drives and at least he had a chance to be a hero and was horrible.

WHen was the last time Jason led this team on a winning drive?

Nice to see that someone understands that more than one person/part of the team can be at fault.

I tend to put this one more on the defense, but come on, Jason. Win us a game for once. A FOX stat line said that he had done it seven times, but I literally can't think of one, and I used to be a Campbell homer!

Nice to see that someone understands that more than one person/part of the team can be at fault.

I tend to put this one more on the defense, but come on, Jason. Win us a game for once. A FOX stat line said that he had done it seven times, but I literally can't think of one, and I used to be a Campbell homer!

7 times must Have been when Gibbs was hear or during that 6-2 run. I cannot remember when he has had a game winning drive.

Watching Favre get rid of the ball so quick and make reads, Watching replays of Peyton pumping and hitting receivers as they adjust routes, seeing Peyton just adjustinthe pocket instead of running all the time.

I would like to see Campbell run more but I would also like to see him just adjust himself in the pocket instead of just running backwards and forwards

Archived