Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offense Scores enough this week!

Ynot

The blame should be shared.

Defense - When the Eagles got the ball for the winning drive, I think 99% of Redskins fans knew the Eagles would score. It appears that the Skins play some form of prevent defense giving extreme cushions to the opposing receivers. This leaves big gaps that other teams will exploit in the 4th quarter when they are willing to take more chances.

Offense - Did anyone really think the Skins were going to march down the field on the last drive? If you base your entire offense on trying to play not to lose, you rob your team of the killer instinct. Teams that march down the field in the 4th are teams that play to win.

Well, they had to play damage control on Campbell's two picks, so six of those 27 points were basically gifts to the Eagles by Campbell.

I do want another monster DT on D though.

Actually, if I were to put the blame somewhere offensively, I would have to say it was the FG that we should have scored a TD. Whether that was Campbell's fault or not, remains to be seen, but the offense made up for those 6 points we gave up due to those INTs. After that FG we scored, it was up to the defense to hold Philly & they couldn't do it. Plain & simple.

Offense scores enough this week, will the defense say I am sorry this week. Their were rumblings on the offense from the Defense. Well they gave you an 8 point lead and you still give up a 4th quarter touchdown.

Yes the offense may have been conservative after the interception but yo uhave the 4th rank defense (overrated) to stop them.....

So lets here the offense say something to the defense this week....

they need to start holding each other accountable. This team just does not make a play when needed.

The defense did get them the ball back and they were horrible......

point taken, however the offense still placed the D in bad situations with the two picks at the end of the half. Yet we do certainly have a problem with closing out games.

Actually, if I were to put the blame somewhere offensively, I would have to say it was the FG that we should have scored a TD. Whether that was Campbell's fault or not, remains to be seen, but the offense made up for those 6 points we gave up due to those INTs. After that FG we scored, it was up to the defense to hold Philly & they couldn't do it. Plain & simple.

Yeah, that is where i figured we were going to lose the game. I knew that 8 pts was not enough against Philly with all of that time remaining. They were waaaay too conservative on that possession. I think it was Run, Run, Pass to the back of the endzone. It appeared that they were playing for the field goal and not the TD.

The defense has played pretty well IMO, its always the offense that cannot get any td's.

Yea, the defense had them stopped at the goal line, but look at JC in the last drive; throws to the feet of Moss, an uncatchable ball.

But the secondary needs to stick to fundamentals of tackling, especially LL.

Next year, next year...

As I've said in other threads, good teams have defenses that score points. When was the last time our defense scored any points? I mean, other then a safety. Was Sean Taylor the last guy on our defense to score points? Why are they always seemingly satisfied with simply breaking up a play There SHOULD be SOMEONE on our defense that's a ball hawk. Not a one. When we win the turnover battle, it's spontaneous, never planned. They always look so surprised when the ball falls into their hands, as if it is manna from Heaven, instead of always looking to steal the ball from the opponents. The whole team attitude is starting to really piss me of. Like I said, good teams have defenses that score points & we don't.

It appeared that they were playing for the field goal and not the TD.

Ding ding ding! That's exactly what it looked like they were doing. Let's just get 3 & we've got a good lead. :doh: :hammer: Go for the effing throat & score that TD! That would have made it a 12 point lead & Philly has 2 TDs they have to score in order to win. It just effin' figures...

Watching Favre get rid of the ball so quick and make reads, Watching replays of Peyton pumping and hitting receivers as they adjust routes, seeing Peyton just adjustinthe pocket instead of running all the time.

thats pretty funny. not intentionally, but its funny.

I would like to see Campbell run more but I would also like to see him just adjust himself in the pocket instead of just running backwards and forwards

really? i'd like to see him have more than 2 seconds to find an open receiver. but yes- lets see him 'adjust' like old peyton manning does. yessir, just 'adjust' is all he has to do...then he'd be a good QB.

If they scored enough we would have won don't you think yes the defense gave up TD's as expected buy why did the offense dissappear in the 3rd quarter. Classic example of playing not to loose.

Offense scored a TD in the 3rd.

Defense not only gave up a TD late, but also 2pt conversion and a game winning field goal. They collapsed late in the game.

The defense is pretty darn good when the team is behind. It's just not that good when the team is ahead - which isn't very often.

But there is no comparison between the two units - plenty of teams would trade their defense straight up for the Skins defense. No one, even the other pitiful teams, would trade offenses.

Archived