Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How bad is the NFC East?

ChicagoRedskinsFan

I realize "almost" doesn't mean anything as far as the bottom line. But we've just played two road games against the "class" of the NFC East, and both times we were not only competitive (as in making the score close or staying with them for awhile), but we had both games won and just couldn't deliver the knockout punch. This from a Redskins team in organizational turmoil and most of the star players on IR.

The Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants are very underwhelming. I would be shocked if this division produces one win in the playoffs. We are a laughing stock and yet we're a few plays from being right in the mix of this division. Sounds like most other years :mad:. This season is lost, but our play of late gives me hope that the next coach will have something to work with and we will have a chance next year in this not-so-best division in football. Also we're establishing some depth by necessity with all these injuries.

Yeah, I think maybe the division winner wins one game in the first round when they are at home, and that's about it.

But what really sucks is the Skins could've easily been in the mix of this if they hadn't screwed the pooch against some real tomato cans at the beginning of the seasons.

The Lions

The Chiefs

The Panthers (up 17-2 in the 3rd).

What a waste.

the NFC East is not that strong.

the Giants are in free fall while Dallas and the Eagles have holes.

Minnesota is the class of the NFC because they have an all around team. When healthy there really aren't any weaknesses.

New Orleans is capable of being better than Minnesota on a given Sunday, but in my mind their defense has been dented in several games which could come back and hurt them in the playoffs.

But agreed, the NFC East is not where it was.

That much seems obvious.

I know the Skins can play a close game with just about any team. We'll really see for sure though if they can "hang" and keep it close next week when the Saints come to FedEx. I dont think the NFC East sucks. I just dont see any team in the NFC East as a real contender to win the NFC. The Redskins are bad, but aren't easy to beat. Losing close games doesn't help you in the standings, but I think teams take the Redskins seriously now.

:gaintsuck

I don't think there is a legitimate contender playing in the NFC East right now. Dallas is 8-3, but they are beatable by just about anyone. The only team in the NFC East that is impressing me right now is the Redskins, at least they seem to want to win. The other three seem to have a "least we can get by with" mentality. There isn't a team in the east with a killer instinct.

All things remaining equal a HEALTHY Redskins team could have been making a legitimate run right now, and that's the truth.

Nobody looks at any of the teams in the NFC East as a contender to win the NFC and play in the Super Bowl this year. There's no way this is the best division in football.

Agree with this statement. 4 mediocre teams playing each other close shouldn't be impressing anyone. Some are just getting the breaks, i.e. Dallas.

The playoff race is almost settled for most of the NFC.

Arizona, New Orleans, Minnesota will win their divisions. 3 playoff spots taken.

The NFC east will be between Dallas and Philly, probably their final game against each other deciding it. I don't think the Giants are in contention for the division anymore.

I think one of the wild card spots will probably go to Green Bay.

So the final wild card spot will be between NY Giants, Atlanta Falcons and the other team in the EAST that doesn't win the division.

I don't see anyone but Minnesota and New Orleans in the championship game.

I think the now-injured team looked worse than the healthy team. Both Betts and Cartwright have looked better than Portis. We certainly miss Cooley but the newer receivers have stepped up their game.

This team looks better now than it did all season. Do you not rembember how a healthy Redskins team looked against the Lions, Rams and Bucs?

I think the now-injured team looked worse than the healthy team. Both Betts and Cartwright have looked better than Portis. We certainly miss Cooley but the newer receivers have stepped up their game.

I was referring mainly to the o-line, and Haynesworth. Injuries could have made the difference in the last two games. Two wins would have put us at 5-6 and still technically contending. (The beginnings of a "run", which admittedly probably includes a loss to the Saints Sunday) Instead we are at 3-8 and essentially done.

Everything I've said in the past 2 months about the front office, and the owner still stands. I still think the organization needs an enema from the top down. I just think that the facts speak for themselves in that injuries, right here right now in this moment, are costing us more during the games than any of our other problems. We can debate how we got here, lack of depth on the o-line, etc. but that doesn't change the fact that all three teams in our division are VERY beatable.

Archived