Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Ice breaker" A not so simple question from a first time poster...

Conrad87

To break the ice of my first post I’d like to ask a not so simple question….

If you were the proud father of an NFL rookie who just so happens to be an instant starter in the NFL…you’d probably be a very happy camper! But what if that same beloved son of yours was a member of the dreaded Cowboys….ARRRRGH! To make matters worst, the big game of the week was between them and the Redskins for a final playoff spot……What would you do???????

1. Say blood is thicker than your passion for the Redskins and root for daddy’s little man?

2. Would your undying, if not unnatural love for the skins make it impossible to root for a cowboy even if it is your son?

3. Would you hope that your son has an awesome game, but still come up on the losing end?

4. Would you renounce your son as the enemy?

:)

You root for your kid to throw for 500 yards and six touchdowns, but the lousy Cowboys defense totally collapses and they lose the game anyway. Your kid misses the playoffs, but you forgot to mention that he was also playing in the last year of his contract, so he's immediately signed by the Skins and goes on to lead them to five consecutive Superbowls (and going 10-0 against the Cowboys in those years).

Todd, I think he was asking a hypothetical :).

Conrad, the answer is not clearly marked here. It wasn't included in the choices.

The REAL answer is that your unnatural love for the Skins means you act as your son's agent and refuse to allow him to sign a contract with the Cowboys or anyone else other than the Skins.

Failing that, you would undermine the Cowboys efforts by having your son throw the game. If discovered you could go back to your original hold out and it would be a huge scandal :).

5. None of the above.

I'd suffer through each and every play of the game, alternately ...

... willing my progeny to heighs of success heretofore uknown in the annals of sport, that I might not only bask in his reflected glory but also get to the show the world how NOT to act the ignorant, tone-deaf, egotistical fool like Richard Williams or Todd Marinovich Sr. have so ably demonstrated ...

... whilst also fervently praying (in an agnostic kind of way) for his continued and long-term health, lest his security (no, not mine - and shame on you for thinking that) be threatened by a torn ACL or rotator cuff ...

... whilst also rooting for LaVar to "KILL THE #@%$!-'ing QUARTERBACK ALREADY" when my DL just stood there held up at the line on a key 3rd and 12, and then having to fend off the withering barrage pillows, kitchen implements, small animals AND bodily excretions cast my way by the other members of my immediate family ...

... whilst also being unable to shake the voice in my head screaming that "oh my god life is beautiful and way too short and oh how I love my country and opportunities it affords but Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ I can't take this anymore and I swear to all that is holy (in an agnostic kind of way) that all my remaining hair is going to fall out by the effing 2-minute warning if I don't excuse myself in the next nanosecond or two and go head-butt an oak tree in the backyard about 100 times."

And switch to decaf.

My Son (if I had one) would be disqualified from playing for the Cowboys. His parents would be married, of consenting age, and not blood-relations. To fully qualify for a spot on the Cowboys roster or staff, one's conception is required to be the by-product of a financial transaction....

I wouldn't care who my son played for...Cowgirls, Beagles, Gints, Ravens...having him in the NFL would be bad a$$. Plus, he would be loaded....and would buy me a big pimp crib and an escalade.

Summer time, getting a round of golf in with his some of his teammates.

The reality is that he too would be a diehard skins fan, he would just get paid big money by the cowpukes.

Some say they would disown him while others say they wouldn't let him sign but as bccdc said he'd be making big $ -- especially if he's a virtual lock to start. No way am I going to let that kind of $ walk. 'Course, he'd hold out and try to get the biggest deal possible while if it were the Redskins, I'd encourage him to sign as soon as they stopped low-balling him.

From the Cowpies I'd want a big signing bonus and lots of garunteed $ along with a balloon salary so as soon as possible he can retire from pro ball and start a real-estate investment firm or something or hook up with his favorite team, the Redskins, ASAP.

Now for a really hard question: what if your significant other had enough $ to buy a football franchise and the only one available was, say, the Cowpies but she really want to own a pro-ball team. Is this the end of the relationship?

Archived