Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where will BDW go?

Ignatius J.

So he decided to say FO to our FO and thier 2 mil offer, and he's not likely to get that kind of money anywhere else. So what is he going to do next?

If I had to venture a guess I'd say he's going to head on up to seattle to play for rhodes. When rhodes came to DC, BDW was among the first to run to the press with praise.

I have to think this wasn't all about the money on BDW's part. 2 million is generous for a player of BDW's skill, and when he left he really didn't seem to mention the money so much as the atmosphere around here. He didn't really want to be a redskin anymore. We've transitioned to a 2 gap team where the DT's really just try to get in the way of lineman. BDW has never been a fan of that style of play, so it is not suprising to see him leave despite a reasonable offer. Rhodes offers him a chance to get back to the style of defense he wants to play, and seattle needs a DT.

It seems like a perfect fit. I'd bet he goes there for less money.

-DB

Heard Vinny on Comcast Sports net last night saying pretty clearly that the door would remain open. So, maybe he comes back? BDW specifically said on John Thompson's show yesterday that he and his family were remaining in the area, regardless of where he may end up playing.

Could be he gets itchy to play in a week and walks back in the door?

~Bang

He'll shop some and in the end I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to rush back to take that offer we've left him. Unless we fill all his dollars with Champ first he'll probably only have a contract as big from us.

Archived