Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPNEWS reports Haynesworth unlikely to play Sunday

skinzdar55

Haynesworth was listed as Doubtful yesterday, Thursday.

But the injury report for Friday just came out. Haynesworth is has been upgraded to Questionable.

I feel like he's been listed as "Questionable" a few times this season already.

He's had a lingering ankle issue for awhile now, and with a man of his size and at his position on the field, I'm sure it's not fun to play with. But I have a feeling he'll see action on Sunday.

That man acts like he's out for the season more than any active player I know. Even in the middle of games. I know it's a slug-fest out there, and he's playing very well, but other players aren't looking like that.

Maybe it's something bad he's doing, maybe he's really injury prone but trying real hard to play?

Anybody know what the deal is?

That man acts like he's out for the season more than any active player I know. Even in the middle of games. I know it's a slug-fest out there, and he's playing very well, but other players aren't looking like that.

Maybe it's something bad he's doing, maybe he's really injury prone but trying real hard to play?

My guess is, he was always said to take a lot of plays off, but this year, I haven't seen it at all. Even the coaches have said he is playing more than they thought he would.

He's the only player pushing against 700+ pounds every down. That's what the deal is.

Not sure how I feel. The money side of me says "Get your butt out there and play! This is why we got you!" The practical side of me says "Do you really want the key member of your defensive line to be worse possibly risk the rest of the season?" I go with the practical side and say that if he is hurt, he shouldn't risk it. We are on the road and 3-6. Is it really worth risking the rest of the season if we can have him back next week and for the rest of the season if he only misses this game? No. If he is injured, he shouldn't play.

My guess is, he was always said to take a lot of plays off, but this year, I haven't seen it at all. Even the coaches have said he is playing more than they thought he would.
I think he played something like 60% of the defensive snaps in Tennessee (which is really about average for a starting DT), and he's playing around 70% of the defensive snaps here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4674963

Defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth is questionable for Sunday's game because of a sprained left ankle, although Redskins secondary coach Jerry Gray said Friday on "The Michael Irvin Show" on ESPN FM 103.3 that Haynesworth would play.

I'll take Jerry Gray at his word before I believe another "league source."

Either way - it's still going to be a nailbiter.

If anything, I'm more concerned with Hamlin's and Columbo's absenses - Columbo's loss is HUGE, b/c while he may not be our best OL, he's one nasty fellow who provides alot of LEADERSHIP to this team. Hamlin is pretty much the QB to our secondary - a big loss to our secondary - Wade may not even blitz as much b/c of it.

He's the only player pushing against 700+ pounds every down. That's what the deal is.

And still finding time to run down backs to the sidelines. Dude is a very hard worker, and toting that much weight and doing all he does he's going to get dinged up or simply get exhausted from time to time. I wish every player of ours was pushing himself as much as Haynesworth.

Archived