Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins released Big Daddy

Uptown Skins

DAMMIT!!! I was so optimistic about him restructuring. I was in favor of letting him go a few weeks ago, but the more I thought about it the more I wanted him here for this year b/c of his ability to penetrate. Oh Crap!

Well, at least this will help with the resigning of Champ. We better use our picks next year on the d-line, at least 2 of our top 3.

well, I think now the team will be making at least one move in the free agent market to find an alternative. Where last year we were waiting with baited breath for a guard to drop, this time it will be for a DT.

hopefully we will find someone better than Brenden Stai ended up being for us in 2002 :)

You guys have to be kidding me 17 Tackles 3.5Mill and he wont move on his pay..... ASTA LA VISTA BABY!!!

I liked him too but 3.5 mill is nuts to pay him without making him earn it with some insentives..

Skinster!!!

Skin 4 Life

Have to admit to being surprised by this. Seems the team wasn't messing around here. It's a bad more in terms of football. However, if we use the saved $3.5 million (knowing we'd still have about $2 million more to sign other vets) on Champ it would be smart for the future now that the space is available. If we add a Ted Washington AND do the same with Champ the loss is obviously mitigated, but, in the end, we're a lesser team today than we could have been I think and I imagine that will be the case heading into the year.

Well looks like we're expecting some vets from other teams to get cut. I think the level of player we pick up should be about the same as Big Daddy.

He could have accepted the pay cut, played well, then get more money the following year.

So what's next, restructure Champ and Lavar? I hope that's what they have in mind. I'll take them two as Redskins for life and a vet DT every year any day over Big Daddy and one of them.

I'm not and have never been very fond of BDW. To me, he's the sort of player I associate with the Norv Era - incredibly inconsistent, big name-uncertain production, difficult-to-motivate, indifferent-to-conditioning sort of guy.

Let's move on.

I imagine the Jets are on the phone with Brig Owens as we post.

ARGH! :gus: It's not gonna hurt a veteran as much to miss the first 4 or 5 days of camp. It seems the FO really rushed this ultimatum and didn't give Owens much of a chance to try to work things out. If he ends up within the division, I'm REALLY gonna be pissed. :cuss:

Archived