Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins released Big Daddy

Uptown Skins

Originally posted by Ken

Again,

What part of 67 tackles and 31 qb pressures didn't you mental midgets understand????

What part of "top 5 D" don't you understand?

5-11 & somehow everones a world-beater, no one stinks. I think Art's being charitable. I'd take Smith & Wynn over Ellis & Ek - period. The last 3 years backs that up with top 5,10 & 5 Defenses. And Upshaw is gravy.

(note: more than 2 punctuation marks makes you look neurotic????? OK!!!!!)

Korny,

You do bring up an interesting point with Cowboy fans. They are the only 5-11 team with no holes. We went through this last year with them. Somehow they are the world's best 5-11 team. If you dare question a player who was a major part of those three 5-11 records you get the thoughts in return that NO, he's really much better than I'm giving him credit for.

See, the Redskins have been average and slightly below, and we've identified the chief reasons for such an outcome and we've replaced many of those players. The Cowboys just keep plugging along with the same guys as if nothing's wrong.

the question was not if the dallas (or the skins) team is good or not, its just comparing the dallas DL to the skins DL. I am not sure where 5-11 fits in all this when we are comparing two units on the skins and dallas teams and not the whole NFL

regarding the top 5 ranking of the skins D, I have also heard (from people on this board) that its an over rated ranking, since they were ranked in the 20's in scoring defense. some here point to the fact that the defense often had to defend a short field because of offensive turnovers, thus contributing to their high ranking defense (in yards allowed). but I guess when it benefits your argument then it can be used, and dismissed otherwise.

art, as you mentioned the skins are planning to use a rotational scheme to get the best out of their DL men. the cowboys however will be relying on Glover and Ellis and rotate the other linemen (as they did last year). this is nothing new since most teams would rather play their starters who have higher impact than a rotational scheme with no impact.

also, I seriously doubt that teams intentionally run at Ellis, since along the line Ekuban is the weakest link against the run. Ellis in fact is good against the run. He also logs in a lot of reps during the game. given that we had a lot of holes on the defense, Ellis' ability to be an effective DE was comprimised. I am not sure how you come to that conclusion. perhaps you tend to be biased against ellis and the plays that are run to his side stand out to you. I have yet to see any statistics or proof of this claim.

In fact a few years back before his leg got injured Ellis was one of the most dominating DE's in the NFL that season, who was on his way to double digit sacks playing the strong side, had two interceptions and even returned one for TD, not much different than what BDW did during that 10 or 11 game stretch in 2001. Its just that Ellis has not had the support and it has allowed opposing offense to key on the best dallas defensive players including Ellis.

Originally posted by Art

Korny,

You do bring up an interesting point with Cowboy fans. They are the only 5-11 team with no holes. We went through this last year with them. Somehow they are the world's best 5-11 team. If you dare question a player who was a major part of those three 5-11 records you get the thoughts in return that NO, he's really much better than I'm giving him credit for.

See, the Redskins have been average and slightly below, and we've identified the chief reasons for such an outcome and we've replaced many of those players. The Cowboys just keep plugging along with the same guys as if nothing's wrong.

Yes, and we don't act like floating around 500 the last three years is an abberation. (even if you blame the QB play, I blame the WR play) Three years is reality cowboy fans whether you like it or not.

Originally posted by Kornheiser

What part of "top 5 D" don't you understand?

5-11 & somehow everones a world-beater, no one stinks. I think Art's being charitable. I'd take Smith & Wynn over Ellis & Ek - period. The last 3 years backs that up with top 5,10 & 5 Defenses. And Upshaw is gravy.

(note: more than 2 punctuation marks makes you look neurotic????? OK!!!!!)

Neurotic, no, DUMBFOUNDED, Yes! (!!!!!!!!)

Top 5 D,

Yes, you were. I also noticed you conveniently glazed over the part about losing your best DL (Gardner) and your other starting DT, Fatty.

If you would take Smith and Wynn over Ellis and Ek then you would be a pretty sorry GM.

You are beyond repair my freind.

Art,

No where in this conversation did anyone point to the cowboys being a better team than the Redskins in every area.

Heck, just a few posts up I said that you were CLEARLY better than us at OL.

I also can't argue the LB position.

Or Starting WR.

Or Starting CB.....yet.

I can, however, argue the Safety position, FB, HB, TE, and top 3 wrs.

But that is another thread or two.....

Originally posted by Ken

Top 5 D,

Yes, you were. I also noticed you conveniently glazed over the part about losing your best DL (Gardner) and your other starting DT, Fatty.

If you would take Smith and Wynn over Ellis and Ek then you would be a pretty sorry GM.

You fail to notice the D was top 5 & 10, with out Gardner (& until he played with us, he'd never had a season like that).

Smith & Wynn: really even though Bruce surpassed the INCREDIBLE SACK BARRIER of 7.5 *lol*. I'd say you wouldn't know a sorry GM from Barry Switzer's deadbeat dad. (hint: he's looking 10 years younger)

Ah it's lovely to see Cowboys and Redskin fans duking it out. In reality, neither have spectactular d-lines, so there really is little point in debating which is marginally better. Releasing BDW shouldn't hurt that much. He's overpaid and overweight--not a good combination. If the Skins had any semblance of depth on the line, the loss wouldn't effect you in the least. As it is, it could cause some issues, but I really don't see this loss as effecting your defense very much.

Originally posted by shawn

also, I seriously doubt that teams intentionally run at Ellis, since along the line Ekuban is the weakest link against the run. Ellis in fact is good against the run. He also logs in a lot of reps during the game. given that we had a lot of holes on the defense, Ellis' ability to be an effective DE was comprimised. I am not sure how you come to that conclusion. perhaps you tend to be biased against ellis and the plays that are run to his side stand out to you. I have yet to see any statistics or proof of this.

Ellis has been known as being a well rounded player and for his ability to stop the run. I don't think we would use Ellis at DT if we thought he couldn't handle the run. If anything, the knock on him is that he hasn't been able to get more sacks. By the way, Ellis has consistently put up better numbers than Wynn over his career and is a year younger than Wynn. Check the stats............

Originally posted by smith22

Ellis has been known as being a well rounded player and for his ability to stop the run. I don't think we would use Ellis at DT if we thought he couldn't handle the run. If anything, the knock on him is that he hasn't been able to get more sacks. By the way, Ellis has consistently put up better numbers than Wynn over his career and is a year younger than Wynn. Check the stats............

Ellis vs Wynn: so hypothetically your point would be - your best DE is better that our third best DE (Smith 1, Upshaw 2)?

(personally I'm more impressed that Wynn's play gave support to the top 5 defense as a whole. As defensive stats don't nearly tell-all, like offensive stats. (some of the best defensive plays acrue no stats at all))

But if that's your point, I'll give it to you. :applause:

What I said was that as of this moment our line is mildly better than yours. If you want to talk about rose colored glasses, one may ask you about yours if you think Glover will perform well without a grunt playing beside him with the proven ability to take up space and blockers and start over the guys you have left.

Or put another way, who do you think is more important to the other's game. Noble or Glover? I think you know Noble or his type is far more important to Glover's game than a Glover type is to Noble. Noble is just a chugger who'll try real hard and be extremely limited. It doesn't matter who's next to him. Glover NEEDS someone to take blockers off him. Noble proved he could do that. Myers hasn't. Nix certainly hasn't. And if they don't, then Glover is a liability due to his size and potential to get pushed around if HE's the one who has to take the doubles.

Art you are such a tool. You watch two Cowboys games a year and you pretend to be an expert. Sadly it works fine when dealing with fellow Skins fans but when someone who actually follows the team reads your stuff, your ignorance is quite comical.

So you claim Noble is more important because he takes double teams away from Glover? Odd since nobody was doubled more frequently then Glover last year. The other person doubled often was Ellis. Noble is slow and was rarely doubled. In fact the only reason to ever double him is if a run play is called right at him.

But hey, don't take my word for it:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=B5B02A29-B589-7239-D7BA870DB1BA1F3D

Blade's size will demand the desired double-team blocks from opposing lines. If teams can get by single blocking the nose tackle or only scraping with the second guy, that will allow teams to either double Glover - the case much of last season - or use a lineman to get to a linebacker.

Noble is a skin now so you continue thinking he is some world beater that Glover is going to miss though. No bias whatsoever.

Originally posted by eboyer

Art you are such a tool. You watch two Cowboys games a year and you pretend to be an expert. Sadly it works fine when dealing with fellow Skins fans but when someone who actually follows the team reads your stuff, your ignorance is quite comical.

So you claim Noble is more important because he takes double teams away from Glover? Odd since nobody was doubled more frequently then Glover last year. The other person doubled often was Ellis. Noble is slow and was rarely doubled. In fact the only reason to ever double him is if a run play is called right at him.

But hey, don't take my word for it:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=B5B02A29-B589-7239-D7BA870DB1BA1F3D

Noble is a skin now so you continue thinking he is some world beater that Glover is going to miss though. No bias whatsoever.

What's up Art?

SCHOOLED

Originally posted by Kornheiser

Yes, and we don't act like floating around 500 the last three years is an abberation. (even if you blame the QB play, I blame the WR play) Three years is reality cowboy fans whether you like it or not.

Ten wins in a row is reality, whether you like it or not.:thud:

Here is another thread for you Art:

And it appeared the Rams' offense, which finally put its collective ego aside and kept a running back and tight end in for maximum pass protection – mostly on double-teams against La'Roi Glover and Greg Ellis – had shut out the Cowboys' pass rush.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dallas/cowboys/stories/093002dnspocowstrategy.2802a.html

So what do you think Art? Is it possible you are dead wrong?

Please post your links claiming Noble was some stud forcing teams to account for him with double teams....Or just admit you were wrong.

Until either happens I plan on keeping this thread near the top.

So you do indeed acknowledge that you are cowqueers?

anyway while i will admit that cowboys have a better D Line it is pretty much the only thing that you guys have an advantage over us other than Safety.

We have better QBs RBs WRs OL LBs CBs

I think we will see your tone slightly change at the end of the season when the cowboys are 3-13.

Originally posted by Equality

anyway while i will admit that cowboys have a better D Line it is pretty much the only thing that you guys have an advantage over us other than Safety.

I think we will see your tone slightly change at the end of the season when the cowboys are 3-13.

Equality, come on over to our board...PLEEEEEEEEZE...:halo:

http://mazevo.com/mazevo/sf.x?c=dallascowboys

Originally posted by Equality

Don't listen to Boozeman. Posters that think they are being clever with terms like cowqueers have no business on that board. This board seems perfect for you.

Originally posted by eboyer

Don't listen to Boozeman. Posters that think they are being clever with terms like cowqueers have no business on that board. This board seems perfect for you.

Eric, you are clearly overmatched.

I bet that this kid could wipe the floor with you, on your own turf, no less. :pint:

:rotflmao:

Originally posted by boozeman3

Eric, you are clearly overmatched.

I bet that this kid could wipe the floor with you, on your own turf, no less. :pint:

:rotflmao:

So true. As we speak he is polling fellow students on the playground for additional zingers to hurl our way.

Eboyer,

I was away on vacation so I apologize that you felt my absense from your stunning stupidity meant you were some how teaching a lesson. I will now take the time to dismiss you. Don't hold it against me though.

"Art you are such a tool. You watch two Cowboys games a year and you pretend to be an expert."

Actually, dip, I watch every Cowboy game. I also watch every Giant and every Eagle game. I like football and I like knowing the opponents for the teams my team plays a lot. So, it's very likely I not only watch more of the Cowboys than you do, but it's clear as I understand football better than you do that it's not that I'm pretending to be an expert, it's just that compared to you, you see me as one based on how little you know.

"Sadly it works fine when dealing with fellow Skins fans but when someone who actually follows the team reads your stuff, your ignorance is quite comical."

There is a humorous aspect to this thread I admit. Just not quite in the way you may think of it.

"So you claim Noble is more important because he takes double teams away from Glover?"

Correct. When Glover has a guy next to him taking double teams, he is an incredibly effective player. When Glover doesn't have that, he is a very easily controlled player. He showed this in New Orleans and he showed this at times with you in Dallas. Glover needs a guy who plays the role of taking doubles and who actually can take them so he can use his quickness and high energy to exploit a slower man in single blocking.

Noble's game isn't based on having anyone next to him like Glover. Noble's game is the same whether he has Jermaine Haley or Glover next to him. Noble plays the gap position over the center. He did in Dallas. He will here. That position gets into two offensive lineman in one step. He forces occupation by being lined up, and by playing with technique. Noble's role in the Cowboys defense was to take on doubles.

And here is where the comical aspect of this conversation comes into play. You don't know this to be true. Are you sure you've even watched any Cowboy games?

"Odd since nobody was doubled more frequently then Glover last year. The other person doubled often was Ellis. Noble is slow and was rarely doubled. In fact the only reason to ever double him is if a run play is called right at him."

Eboyer, I understand this makes you happy to say, but it's simply not true in the slightest. Noble's position with your defense was to take multiple blockers on and hold the line. I'd put links here, but since you asked for them later I'll just add them in a bit. And after I do you are required to shut the f@ck up because it'll be a rough lesson for you.

No one here is under any illusions as to what Noble is. No one here believes he's a world beater. But, we all know precisely what he is. Now, while I'm certain you lather up in K-Y and masturbate to all things on the Cowboys official web site, let me just suggest to you that often the official web site likes to revise history.

Let me help you with what observers had to say about Noble's game.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dallas/cowboys/stories/013003dnspocowlede.a6f3f.html

Noble's role in the Cowboys' defense is not to put up gaudy numbers but to take up double-team blocks so linebackers can run free and make plays behind him.

Defensive coaches and teammates have praised Noble for his leadership, reliability and film study, which often results in Noble calling out the offense's play to teammates before the snap.

This article was written in January of this year before Noble left. It seems to know who he was and his positional value to your defense. Why don't you?

How about this?

http://redskins.theinsiders.com/2/100055.html

BrandonNoble: My responsibilities are to get beat up. A nose tackle is someone who plays over the center or in the center-guard gap. My job is to put myself in a position to take double teams, allowing the middle linebacker or whoever is behind me to make plays and keep him free.

This here is Noble describing what a nose tackle is and what he is as a player. Think he's making stuff up or maybe you don't know something?

How about this?

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/WAS/6456929

Also, the presence of Noble should give Big Daddy a boost. Noble is a true nose guard, a position that's tough to play and leads to few tackles. Playmaking DTs like to be on the outside edge of the opposing guard, where they can rush the passer and hopefully avoid double-teams. Noble's presence should allow that for Wilkinson.

Once again, what do you see? You see media recognition of what Noble is as a player. And you see further enlightenment as to how the moment Noble leaves the Cowboys he was never worth a damn. He was always a hard worker. Nothing's changed. I just knew it before he got here. So did you. Only one of us has had to change his position to be an idiot and that would be you.

Here's even something from the Cowboys official website.

http://www.lamho.freeserve.co.uk/new_page_19.htm

But the Cowboys changed defensive schemes last season, moving defensive tackle Brandon Noble over the center and guard to force a double team. That often freed up Nguyen to worry solely about getting to the ball without having to fend off offensive linemen.

Wow, isn't it amazing just how much all this sounds precisely like what I've been saying? Incredible really isn't it my boyer?

Lookie here in the side bar.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/features/2002/preview/cowboys/

La'Roi Glover slowed down last year in New Orleans, but playing next to a bull like Brandon Noble should make him an excellent rusher. Noble's a great force against the run. You can't push him around....

Isn't it fascinating how everyone else seems to know what you don't guy?

Here is an assessment from some dudes.

http://www.footballguys.com/offseasondl.htm

Needing to fill the void left by the departure of Daryl Gardener, the Redskins brought in Noble. Though decent against the run, Noble's best asset is his ability to occupy blockers, which bodes well for the 'Skins linebacking unit.

What's this preview say?

http://stacks.msnbc.com/news/936930.asp

Noble will occupy two blockers and a lot of space....

Crazy ain't it? I think in some states this would qualify as a felony what's happening to you.

What's another Dallas newspaper think?

http://www.dallasnews.com/newsletters/email/ivr/stories/101602dnspoivrnewsletter.c116d199.html

Noble has done a good job this season. His job in this defense is to occupy blockers, so the linebackers can flow to the ball and make tackles.

It's absolutely nuts, isn't it? Not only a Redskin fan conspiracy to make Noble out to be more than he is, but, the entire world seems to be in on it.

This is neat too.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/freeagency/voices/gary_horton/20020318.html

Glover is a perfect complement to mauling defensive tackle Brandon Noble and allows the Cowboys to use the sixth overall pick in the draft to add a shutdown cornerback such as Quentin Jammer of Texas.

Perfect complement to the mauling defensive tackle Noble? How DARE he.

Here's some Washington media types weighing in.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/teams/redskins/20030302.html

The team signed defensive tackle Brandon Noble and right end Regan Upshaw to be starters. Noble is good against the run but even better at occupying blockers.

Is that so? Who could have known this to be so?

I can go on and on here guy, but I shouldn't have to. What you are seeing is just exactly how everything I say seems to be gleaned from a worldwide understanding of the information while your position is whatever Jerry Jones' web site tells you to believe.

Glover is the type of player who needs a guy to do the dirty work. He has always been that type of player. When he can't have that type of player he struggles. When teams CAN double him he struggles. The reason Noble was your starter is because he took a great deal of that load off Glover and that's why Glover had a pretty good season for you.

In the future, you should also know when you call me out the outcome is what you see in this thread. You should be embarrassed because you just got it handed to you. Now, go try to learn something about the game and your own team before speaking again. Ok?

You are right that I'm a tool. In this case though it appears I'm a hammer and you just got nailed.

Originally posted by Art

Eboyer,

I was away on vacation so I apologize that you felt my absense from your stunning stupidity meant you were some how teaching a lesson. I will now take the time to dismiss you. Don't hold it against me though.

"Art you are such a tool. You watch two Cowboys games a year and you pretend to be an expert."

Actually, dip, I watch every Cowboy game. I also watch every Giant and every Eagle game. I like football and I like knowing the opponents for the teams my team plays a lot. So, it's very likely I not only watch more of the Cowboys than you do, but it's clear as I understand football better than you do that it's not that I'm pretending to be an expert, it's just that compared to you, you see me as one based on how little you know.

"Sadly it works fine when dealing with fellow Skins fans but when someone who actually follows the team reads your stuff, your ignorance is quite comical."

There is a humorous aspect to this thread I admit. Just not quite in the way you may think of it.

"So you claim Noble is more important because he takes double teams away from Glover?"

Correct. When Glover has a guy next to him taking double teams, he is an incredibly effective player. When Glover doesn't have that, he is a very easily controlled player. He showed this in New Orleans and he showed this at times with you in Dallas. Glover needs a guy who plays the role of taking doubles and who actually can take them so he can use his quickness and high energy to exploit a slower man in single blocking.

Noble's game isn't based on having anyone next to him like Glover. Noble's game is the same whether he has Jermaine Haley or Glover next to him. Noble plays the gap position over the center. He did in Dallas. He will here. That position gets into two offensive lineman in one step. He forces occupation by being lined up, and by playing with technique. Noble's role in the Cowboys defense was to take on doubles.

And here is where the comical aspect of this conversation comes into play. You don't know this to be true. Are you sure you've even watched any Cowboy games?

"Odd since nobody was doubled more frequently then Glover last year. The other person doubled often was Ellis. Noble is slow and was rarely doubled. In fact the only reason to ever double him is if a run play is called right at him."

Eboyer, I understand this makes you happy to say, but it's simply not true in the slightest. Noble's position with your defense was to take multiple blockers on and hold the line. I'd put links here, but since you asked for them later I'll just add them in a bit. And after I do you are required to shut the f@ck up because it'll be a rough lesson for you.

No one here is under any illusions as to what Noble is. No one here believes he's a world beater. But, we all know precisely what he is. Now, while I'm certain you lather up in K-Y and masturbate to all things on the Cowboys official web site, let me just suggest to you that often the official web site likes to revise history.

Let me help you with what observers had to say about Noble's game.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dallas/cowboys/stories/013003dnspocowlede.a6f3f.html

This article was written in January of this year before Noble left. It seems to know who he was and his positional value to your defense. Why don't you?

How about this?

http://redskins.theinsiders.com/2/100055.html

This here is Noble describing what a nose tackle is and what he is as a player. Think he's making stuff up or maybe you don't know something?

How about this?

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/WAS/6456929

Once again, what do you see? You see media recognition of what Noble is as a player. And you see further enlightenment as to how the moment Noble leaves the Cowboys he was never worth a damn. He was always a hard worker. Nothing's changed. I just knew it before he got here. So did you. Only one of us has had to change his position to be an idiot and that would be you.

Here's even something from the Cowboys official website.

http://www.lamho.freeserve.co.uk/new_page_19.htm

Wow, isn't it amazing just how much all this sounds precisely like what I've been saying? Incredible really isn't it my boyer?

Lookie here in the side bar.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/features/2002/preview/cowboys/

Isn't it fascinating how everyone else seems to know what you don't guy?

Here is an assessment from some dudes.

http://www.footballguys.com/offseasondl.htm

What's this preview say?

http://stacks.msnbc.com/news/936930.asp

Crazy ain't it? I think in some states this would qualify as a felony what's happening to you.

What's another Dallas newspaper think?

http://www.dallasnews.com/newsletters/email/ivr/stories/101602dnspoivrnewsletter.c116d199.html

It's absolutely nuts, isn't it? Not only a Redskin fan conspiracy to make Noble out to be more than he is, but, the entire world seems to be in on it.

This is neat too.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/freeagency/voices/gary_horton/20020318.html

Perfect complement to the mauling defensive tackle Noble? How DARE he.

Here's some Washington media types weighing in.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/teams/redskins/20030302.html

Is that so? Who could have known this to be so?

I can go on and on here guy, but I shouldn't have to. What you are seeing is just exactly how everything I say seems to be gleaned from a worldwide understanding of the information while your position is whatever Jerry Jones' web site tells you to believe.

Glover is the type of player who needs a guy to do the dirty work. He has always been that type of player. When he can't have that type of player he struggles. When teams CAN double him he struggles. The reason Noble was your starter is because he took a great deal of that load off Glover and that's why Glover had a pretty good season for you.

In the future, you should also know when you call me out the outcome is what you see in this thread. You should be embarrassed because you just got it handed to you. Now, go try to learn something about the game and your own team before speaking again. Ok?

You are right that I'm a tool. In this case though it appears I'm a hammer and you just got nailed.

Stunning.

Totally earth-shattering.

Astonishing.

Honestly, I have never seen a more dazzling display of defense for what can be called a solid football player.

Sad thing is the time it took you to dig up those blurbs just to establish your position.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

Wow that is a schooling big time. I just cant understand how people (Skins fans included) belive that our run defense will be this giant sieve. I dont see it.

Archived