Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst OL in Redskins History?

bulldog

The Redskins are definitely down there with the Raiders, Browns, Bucs and Rams right now. Although to be fair teams like the Browns and Raiders have been 3-13 or 4-12 type teams for years. The Redskins have been competitive at times and those records are far from the 8-8 this team posted last season.

But with the specter of a 4-12 type season looming it will be interesting to see what changes are made.

There is no thought now that the team merely needs to spackle a wall spot or two and this team will be a contender.

This is now a tear-down and rebuild project and GMs and coaches that would come in for that kind of job won't do it with Vinny or Scott Campbell in the front office.

It's going to have to be a complete sweep.

And to silence the discontent of the fans and get the heat off, I think Snyder will do just that and send Vinny, the FO staff and Zorn packing.

A new coach in all likelihood is not going to want to deal with Portis and his tantrums.

The Redskins are definitely down there with the Raiders, Browns, Bucs and Rams right now. Although to be fair teams like the Browns and Raiders have been 3-13 or 4-12 type teams for years. The Redskins have been competitive at times and those records are far from the 8-8 this team posted last season.

But with the specter of a 4-12 type season looming it will be interesting to see what changes are made.

There is no thought now that the team merely needs to spackle a wall spot or two and this team will be a contender.

This is now a tear-down and rebuild project and GMs and coaches that would come in for that kind of job won't do it with Vinny or Scott Campbell in the front office.

And to silence the discontent of the fans and get the heat off, I think Snyder will do just that and send Vinny, the FO staff and Zorn packing.

A new coach in all likelihood is not going to want to deal with Portis and his tantrums.

3-13, 4-12 where do we get these wins. I hope that the new coach tells Portis to shape up or ship out

Ive always liked Scott i think his eye for talent is good there has been times where he has recommended guys and snyder or who ever is in charge of drafting has gone a completely different direction to grab someone

The lack of depth in the OL is all on Vinny. He thought he could ignore it by stripping Zorn of his playcalling and giving it to Lewis but after the last two games, it's clear that the problem wasn't all on Zorn but the team he put out on the field. Zorn should of never been hired in the first place and him and Snyder makes things worst by setting Zorn up to fail with their stupidity.

Vinny was too simple minded in the offseason and not once did it ever occur to him that Randy Thomas wasn't going to be fully ready with multiple surgeries and Samuel is getting older. His excuses are so pathetic. We tried, We tried. How? getting another old OL who hasn't played in 2 years.

Dan Snyder is too blind to see what's going on. I keep hearing that he's wants to win, he's wants to win but too naive to understand the fundamentals of running a football team.

Well, I bet they will do a mass drafting of O line players this offseason, like we have done the last two years at other positions.

You know what's going to happen if Synderatto is still calling the shots? They'll take the shotgun approach and reach for several OL and end up passing over some really talented players. I can see it now.

We did not have an NFL calibre tackle on the field today. Jason is lucky he lived through that first half.

We need to find two new starting calibre tackles and a centre this offseason. Move Williams to RG. Sadly starting tackles do not make it to free agency so we need to look to the draft and get Levi Jones some time to see if he can still play. If he can't we need to spend our top two picks on tackles.

That still leaves us with the question mark at QB but there is no point drafting a QB early until the line has been addressed.

You know what's going to happen if Synderatto is still calling the shots? They'll take the shotgun approach and reach for several OL and end up passing over some really talented players. I can see it now.

Yeah, well, you'd pretty much have to expect this.

That kind of painful reactionary garbage is what any reasonable observer has seen. And then when criticism comes, the ridiculous "BPA" excuse is given as why that was done.

History?

Nobody can answer that one.

But the neglect of this line by Danny, Joe and Vinny these last 5 or 6 years have come home to roost this season.

I think the only Oline that I can remember that might be in the ballpark of suck that this one is was that 98 line.

There were tons of injuries that year too so the line shuffled throughout the season but the majority of the season here was the starting lineup

LT: Brad Badger (10 games)

LG: Tre Johnson (10 games)

C: Cory Raymer (16 games)

RG: Rod Milstead (11 games)

RT: Shar Pourdanesh (14 games)

This group and the men who backed them up gave up a team record 61 sacks and we rushed for an average of only 105 yards per game.

Our current Oline will have a shot. Right now we're only averaging 99 yards rushing per game and are on pace for 56 sacks allowed.

Archived