Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WND: Shooter Advised Obama Transition: Jerome Corsi

AsburySkinsFan

as an aside, what happened to not "jumping to conclusions" when he called the police "stupid" in the Harvard prof dilly?

I don't think he jumped to conclusions in that case. You may not have liked his conclusion but the facts were all well known by the time he said that. I happened to agree with him, you disagreed. Either way he sat down with both parties and talked it out like men.

What should they conclude? Nothing. Take the facts at face value and wait for more. Do you have a terrible need to come to a conclusion before investigators?
No

Unlike the Liberal Media that seems hell bent on making excuses for the shooter

Would you like a list of excuses I have seen so far?

Are you upset that Obama isn't encouraging people to rush to judgement?
When Obama finally got around to addressing the issue in his "Shout Out" speach...I liked what he said

No. Unlike the Liberal Media that seems hell bent on making excuses for the shooter. Would you like a list of excuses I have seen so far?
Excuses for what? The media is talking about why it might have happened, lots of theories running around. As is the nature of every instance in which people make a bunch of nonsense up before the have the facts most will be wrong. Why don't you just come right out and speak your mind IHOP. It annoys me when you moral types can't find the stone to state your own positions. What exactly should the media be saying?

Also why are we talking about this in a thread about Corsi. Doesn't it bother you that the king of right wing attacks is a liar? Does it bother you that you rallied behind this lunatic and his swift boat campaign when he is a known liar? Does it bother you that your "alternative media" won't fire a known liar?

Issue isn't Obamas relationship to this guy (if any)

Issue is maybe the shooter didn't blow a fuse....Maybe he was gathering intelligence

It's entirely possible, after all, our enemy has specifically told us that infiltration is part of their plan.

It's also possible that this guy went crazy and took it upon himself to take up AQs cause. (Frankly, I think it seems pretty plausible that he was not just acting out of frustrations about home, work, etc.. until proven otherwise I think he went in there to kill soldiers as an enemy.) He could be an agent that is known to them, but I think he decided on his own to join their cause. (I have nothing to base that on,, just gut.) Could be when he was in Iraq they contacted and flipped him. Either way, I do believe that this could be and should be considered another enemy attack on our soil.

I'm interested to hear his motives, so I hope he wakes up. If he IS a sleeper agent, it will serve to remind us that this is still real and still ongoing.

On another note, has there been any response from AQ, Ahmadinejad, Syria or any of the other assorted cronies?

~Bang

Excuses for what? The media is talking about why it might have happened, lots of theories running around......
Suicides

Deployment Fear

Being picked on

Army not responding to his Complaints

I don't see the word TERRORIST mentioned

or Jihad

Or Islamofacists

Seems like the speculation is one sided.........

Los Angeles Times' Ft. Hood report smears Army

......Even though it was apparent early on that the shooter was a Muslim, nowhere in the Los Angeles Times' report did the words "Muslim" or "Islam" appear. As it turns out, the shooter, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, had never been deployed to Iraq and appears to have religious motivations consistent with a terrorist attack. However, the Los Angeles Times can't really hide behind the defense that they were being too cautious for the sake of accuracy, because the report contained two paragraphs of wild speculation about the shooter cracking under pressure from the United States Army.....

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Los-Angeles-Times-Ft-Hood-report-smears-Army-69384942.html

...... Why don't you just come right out and speak your mind IHOP. It annoys me when you moral types can't find the stone to state your own positions.........
Be annoyed then :silly:

Start a thread about motivation of the shooter...I'll contribute :)

Suicides

Deployment Fear

Being picked on

or Jihad

Or Islamofacists

Seems like the speculation is one sided.........

Los Angeles Times' Ft. Hood report smears Army

......Even though it was apparent early on that the shooter was a Muslim, nowhere in the Los Angeles Times' report did the words "Muslim" or "Islam" appear. As it turns out, the shooter, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, had never been deployed to Iraq and appears to have religious motivations consistent with a terrorist attack. However, the Los Angeles Times can't really hide behind the defense that they were being too cautious for the sake of accuracy, because the report contained two paragraphs of wild speculation about the shooter cracking under pressure from the United States Army.....

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Los-Angeles-Times-Ft-Hood-report-smears-Army-69384942.html

Be annoyed then :silly:

Start a thread about motivation of the shooter...I'll contribute :)

It also could be that they are being careful not to cause a public panic or lynch mob mentality.

And it could be that the military has asked them to do it,, much like they did in World War II when they caught saboteurs and spies here in America. (And there were plenty of them.)

It's a distinct possibility. I sincerely doubt that anyone, regardless of political affiliation is not incensed over this, and NO one wants to unduly protect this man. Ideologies aside, we're all Americans in this war.

~Bang

I'll be honest, who the hell is Corsi? obviously some writer, but no one I pay attention to. A no name who -wants to stir issue, as you say ASF- but what exactly is he lying about?

Corsi is not a no-name, he was the one who wrote the lies about John Kerry and he has done a lot to propagate the Birther crap about Obama through a few of Corsi's books. Corsi is about as nasty and decietful a person as there is and he is utterly shameless in his attempt to spreads out-right lies.

or Jihad

Or Islamofacists

Odds are good you aren't going to see the world "Islamofacist" coming from reputable journalists. Talk radio terms really don't have a place in serious discourse and the people that use them immediately identify themselves as party loyalists. As for terrorist and jihad... perhaps the reason you don't see those is because the military themselves has asked that this conclusion not be reached until they know for certain.

If you want to see that kind of irresponsible behavior simple turn on your favorite intellectual crack deal (read: talk radio station) and enjoy. You'll likely get a heavy dose of Islamofacist too. win win for you.

Corsi is not a no-name, he was the one who wrote the lies about John Kerry and he has done a lot to propagate the Birther crap about Obama through a few of Corsi's books. Corsi is about as nasty and decietful a person as there is and he is utterly shameless in his attempt to spreads out-right lies.

ASF... you have to remember the way the "alternative media" works is that loons like Corsi create the lies and then they get reported by the more mainstream elements of the "alternative media" without Corsi's name attached. The average person never hears about this lunatic... leaving him free to continue crafting more lies for which he will never be held responsible.

Dan Rather was fired. Corsi expanded his operation. That's the difference between journalism and the "alternative media".

ASF... you have to remember the way the "alternative media" works is that loons like Corsi create the lies and then they get reported by the more mainstream elements of the "alternative media" without Corsi's name attached. The average person never hears about this lunatic... leaving him free to continue crafting more lies for which he will never be held responsible.

Dan Rather was fired. Corsi expanded his operation. That's the difference between journalism and the "alternative media".

I certainly agree, and its horridly disgusting and the fact that there are people out there who don't know who Corsi is or how much his filth has actually affected their lives speaks to how detrimental jerks like him are. I get mad because Corsi and his ilk will claim the 2nd Amendment and then the press utterly fails in their job to out him for what he is and those in the press who do try are immediately labeled as part of the "liberal elite media" thus giving an excuse to those who wish to be closed minded to ignore Corsi and focus their rage on the journalists who out a liar who is hell bent on spreading whatever lies and misinformation he can in order to attack anyone he disagrees with. As a result he makes those who turn a blind eye to him complicit in his perpetration due to their negligence and intentional blindness to the facts presented to them.

Its amazing to me because had someone from the Left acted this way then the Right would be screaming from the hilltops and yet...silence....how sad.

Odds are good you aren't going to see the world "Islamofacist" coming from reputable journalists.

Unfortunately, many people do not want to listen to reputable journalists. Unfortunately, many people prefer to listen to *** hats who rant, rave, scream, and spoon-feed one-sided and simplistic garbage to their viewers.

Suicides

Deployment Fear

Being picked on

or Jihad

Or Islamofacists

Based on what I've read and heard, it appears he opposed to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, thought the U.S. had essentially declared war on Islam, and may have been sympathetic towards groups who would like to do our country harm. Needless to say, this guy was screwed up and I think it's fair to label him a terrorist.

However, I don't understand why you have a problem with how the media is reporting this story. You appear to want the media to editorialize by labeling him a "Islamofacist," instead of reporting facts and speculating as to what might have caused him to go on the rampage. In that regard, you appear to mistake the media's attempt to explain his motivations for some sympathy for his politics.

Unfortunately, many people do not want to listen to reputable journalists. Unfortunately, many people prefer to listen to *** hats who rant, rave, scream, and spoon-feed one-sided and simplistic garbage to their viewers.

For some it's easier to have other people think for you than it is to get the facts and make the decisions on your own. I also think most people are insecure so having someone seemingly in a position of power and in the know--on the radio, on TV, in print, etc--to reinforce what you already think, it validates you. Unfortunately what people need to be doing is to challenge their way of thinking instead of having it stroked.

I have a theory that a lot of what's wrong with America is that people live in a bubble and are afraid to venture outside of it. Fear of the unknown or something. I think that that would be a miserable existence but I guess to each his own. I love the fact that my life is and always has been filled with diversity; diversity of people, diversity of thought, diversity of experiences. I'm a better person for it and I can't imagine not having it.

This stubbornness and ignorance that we on both sides (to varying degrees) is just painful.

Archived