Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OLine: Are there any decent Tackle/Guard duos in the draft?

Demicidal

Are there any Tackle and Guard duos in the draft that we might be able to land? (i.e 2nd rounder and 4th rounder)

I've always wondered why teams don't draft players from the same school... especially players on the Oline or Dline. Chemistry is key when it comes to football, and I assume a duo (rookies) thats already played a few years together would be alot more formidable then some "stud" rookie (Okung).

Your thoughts?

Interesting idea, but I have no idea if it is correct because I cannot think of any data point where this has occurred to show the effect.

Can you think of any example where this has occurred?

No, I can't. The only duo I know of is Denver's CB's. One was named Foxtrot, and the other... I don't recall. They both where drafted from Virginia Tech, and did well. and if I recall correctly one was a starter and the other was the third. (They couldn't surpass Baily). But when Baily got injured they got like a outrages number of picks. *one was killed, I know that much.

But I'll do some research.

WE cant draft any...Not if we listen to the ES fans and cut CP...We will have to WASTE picks on a new Back..

We won't cut Portis as we've restructured his contract that much we have way too much invested in him.

But we should, and will have to pick up a young back through the draft regardless, as he's both done as any semblance of a threat, and there's little to nothing behind him that won't be back next year.

Hail.

WE cant draft any...Not if we listen to the ES fans and cut CP...We will have to WASTE picks on a new Back..

Truth be told I wouldn't cut Portis, but I'd trade him. I'd trade moss too.

And starting backs can be found anywhere in the draft. The first round almost never yields starting backs. Look at portis his ass was a fourth rounder. But for some reason Olineman are better "scouted" because a first rounder oline is almost a sure fire starter.

We won't cut Portis as we've restructured his contract that much we have way too much invested in him.

But we should, and will have to pick up a young back through the draft regardless, as he's both done as any semblance of a threat, and there's little to nothing behind him that won't be back next year.

Hail.

I'd love to trade portis, and moss during the uncapped year. Snyder has the money, we could take the bite during the uncapped period and try and restructure the team. I think the fans would respond positively to that. I'd love to go see a game filled with young players. To watch the progress.

I'd love to trade portis, and moss during the uncapped year. Snyder has the money, we could take the bite during the uncapped period and try and restructure the team. I think the fans would respond positively to that. I'd love to go see a game filled with young players. To watch the progress.

You and me too man, :cheers:. I'm not sure we'd get much trade value for either now tbh, but the more picks we can garner the better.

Amongst others, I'd throw in Landry, and, as much as it pains me to say it, being he's by far my favourite current 'Skin, Cooley too. I'd hate to lose Captain Chaos, but he's got about the highest trade value on the team, and hopefully Davis will show the promise on what he was drafted on now he's going to get his chance as a full time starter.

Hail.

No, I can't. The only duo I know of is Denver's CB's. One was named Foxtrot, and the other... I don't recall. They both where drafted from Virginia Tech, and did well. and if I recall correctly one was a starter and the other was the third. (They couldn't surpass Baily). But when Baily got injured they got like a outrages number of picks. *one was killed, I know that much.

But I'll do some research.

Are you talking about Dominique Foxworth and Darrent Williams?

Just reminded me we gave gave up our 3rd rounder for Jarmon. :doh:

Texas, VT & Notre Dame will put up 2nd thru 4th rounder Tackle/Guard combos based on mock drafts I have seen, probably hard to envision this will happen from where we will be drafting which looks to be high in the rounds.

We should have the ability to draft a top OT either Black or Okung and grab Iupati from Idaho in the 2nd round which would do wonders for our Oline.

Are you talking about Dominique Foxworth and Darrent Williams?

Yes thank you! Sorry I just remembered fox-something. I remember stealing them away from the broncos in some madden game and seeing that both where from V-tech. And them I remember seeing in the news one got shot and died right? From what I recall they did well together.

Yes thank you! Sorry I just remembered fox-something. I remember stealing them away from the broncos in some madden game and seeing that both where from V-tech. And them I remember seeing in the news one got shot and died right? From what I recall they did well together.
Foxworth went to Maryland and Williams went to Oklahoma State

edit: Williams was the one who was shot and killed.

Just reminded me we gave gave up our 3rd rounder for Jarmon. :doh:

Texas, VT & Notre Dame will put up 2nd thru 4th rounder Tackle/Guard combos based on mock drafts I have seen, probably hard to envision this will happen from where we will be drafting which looks to be high in the rounds.

We should have the ability to draft a top OT either Black or Okung and grab Iupati from Idaho in the 2nd round which would do wonders for our Oline.

Truth be told I like Jarmon, I think we could've gotten him for a cheaper draft pick in 2010 (5th maybe 6th), but his young and has a year in the system. You can't replace that.

Haha it would killer if we could get Jimmy Cluasen and Notre Domes top 2 lineman... Because I highly suspect Snead and Clausen are on our board. And most of the fans, and team wants a new QB, someone to give the franchise hope, like Matt Ryan did for the Falcons. Because if you recall. The falcons only won ONE game in 07 before they drafted Matt Ryan.

There is better value in the 2nd and 3rd for OG position. Personally, I would lean towards the best conference in the country (SEC) to fill the position. They have 3 in the top 10.

3. Mike Johnson (BAMA) 6-5 305 5.38 consistent run blocker

4. Mike Petrus (ARK) 6-3 315 5.08 speed at this position makes him very attractive...previous OL coach is now at Ole Miss for his 2nd year

6. John Jerry (Ole Miss) 6-5 350 5.54 played next to Big Mike Oher (Ravens first round pick) They were the tandem. John was playing OT but is projected to OG in the pros...He could stay at OT if he works on his speed.

You give me one of these guys and I'd be happy...if I had two I'd be exstatic.

I would take any of the TOP 5 OT in this upcoming draft with the first pick round pick. All of them come from schools with balanced attack.

1. Russell Okung: OKST 6-5 302 5.26

2. Trent Williams: OK 6-5 318 5.30

3. Charles Brown: USC 6-5 292 5.16

4. Selvish Capers: WVa 6-5 298 4.96 Speed/size is especially attractive

5. Ciron Black: LSU 6-5 322 5.36 Be careful with this pick...his QB uses his legs to avoid many sacks and Blacks speed could be a detriment to his position.

I particularly like the speed of Brown and Capers but I imagine these speeds will come down as we approach the combine.

Truth be told I like Jarmon, I think we could've gotten him for a cheaper draft pick in 2010 (5th maybe 6th), but his young and has a year in the system. You can't replace that.

Jarmon was well worth a 3rd. Another year in school and the combine would have made him a 2nd or 3rd. We got him a year early for a 3rd, which is the equivalent to spending a 2nd next year.

If Samuels retires I think we have to to go LT in the 1st. If not, I think we can afford to go QB in the 1st then RT in the 2nd and Guard later in the draft.

Detroit submitted a 4th round bid, anything lower than a third and we'd wouldn't have gotten him.

Archived