Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cuba's ex-leader Castro 'strong'

nonniey

In other News this from the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8331069.stm

Cuba's ex-leader Fidel Castro is looking strong and remains on top of developments at home and abroad, says a world health chief .....

Click Link for the rest of the Article.

Well I'm glad I don't have him in the death Pool. That said I know he has been to Spain a couple of times for treatment which begs a question. Why hasn't that Spanish Judge that indicted Pinochet indicted Castro, after all Castro killed a lot more people that Pinochet.

This won't go over well.:silly:

Na I wasn't trying to make a point or anything. I've been reading up on Communist leaders (I got a thing for biographies), but I haven't got to Castro yet so I was genuinely curious.

Various sources list different amounts the least he is attributed with is 7000 the most over 100K. (Direct executions numbered between 7-20,000). For reference Pinochet was attributed from 2-4000 deaths.

Thanks for the info. I did a google search and just got a bunch of Yahoo Answers and (unanswered) wikiquestions or whatever. I knew Pinochet didn't kill all that many people. Relative to other mass murderers of the 20th Century of course.

What are you finding?

When do you read Snyder's biography?

I feel bad for Marx, Leninism was a ****ization of his philosophy, Russia was a disaster from the start as Lenin was basically just winging it, Stalin might be the biggest POS to ever live and, as wrong as he was, I admire Che's dedication. I got Mao, Minh and Pot lined up next. It's funny, in our day and age I look back at Marxism and Leninism and it's almost unbelievable that it was ever considered a legitimate possibility. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to grasp it or something. I don't know.

Lol, I was talking to my stepdad about Snyder today. This **** going on at Fedex is so toltalitarian in nature it's ridiculous. He's basically set up a secret police at Fedex and is putting employees out in public to run propoganda campaigns. It's insane.

I feel bad for Marx, Russia was a disaster from the start as Lenin was basically just winging it, Stalin might be the biggest POS to ever live and, as wrong as he was, I admire Che's dedication. I got Mao, Minh and Pot lined up next. It's funny, in our day in age I look back at Marxism and Leninism and it's almost unbelievable that it was ever considered a legitimate possibility. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to grasp it or something. I don't know.

Lol, I was talking to my stepdad about Snyder today. This **** going on at Fedex is so toltalitarian in nature it's ridiculous. He's basically set up a secret police at Fedex and is putting employees out in public to run propoganda campaigns. It's insane.

You're a smart dude, I don't think it's over your head. I think you just have to take into account of what a different time that was, which is an obvious statement. But I think to fully grasp it, you've gotta realize that those people in those time had little to no voice. Communication was a *****. Some might have had underground newspapers or newsletters to oppose their governments but they were probably sparsely distributed. Plus the consequences of speaking out or trying to form something anti-government were so severe that it just wasn't worth the risk.

We sit here at our keyboards every day and we can reach out and touch hundreds of people without even trying. Just post a facebook status or update your twitter, it takes 10 seconds.

People back then had such a hard time being heard and had such a hard time gaining info about what other possibilities were out there. I'm willing to bet more than half of them didn't know better. Couple that with the fact that it was so much easier for a government to pull the wool over the peoples eyes and people in those countries were just screwed from the start.

I'm not sure if the books really talk like that or its just taken for granted...but that's why those ideas and societies were considered legit back then.

Archived