Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: Sanchez sorry for eating hot dog on sidelines

MattFancy

I would guess that it would be the NFL that would not be very happy about this. Players are professionals and expected to act like such for the 3 hours they are out on the field in front of national media coverage. Imagine guys breaking out buckets of chicken, chowing down on foot longs, and heaping plates of peach cobbler wshile the game is underway.... There is a time to eat, and when you are in the publics eye doing your highly paid job it is not the time.

That is a good point. I have to agree.

I would guess that it would be the NFL that would not be very happy about this. Players are professionals and expected to act like such for the 3 hours they are out on the field in front of national media coverage. Imagine guys breaking out buckets of chicken, chowing down on foot longs, and heaping plates of peach cobbler wshile the game is underway.... There is a time to eat, and when you are in the publics eye doing your highly paid job it is not the time.

You sound like a guy that didn't see the video. He was sitting on the bench, hunched over, and trying his best to hide what he was doing. This is a total non-issue. Must have been a slow news day for something like this to come to light. And if I were him I wouldn't have even apoligized for it. He didn't nothing wrong.

You sound like a guy that didn't see the video. He was sitting on the bench, hunched over, and trying his best to hide what he was doing. This is a total non-issue. Must have been a slow news day for something like this to come to light. And if I were him I wouldn't have even apoligized for it. He didn't nothing wrong.

That's why he was sneaking to do it as you describe: because he wasn't doing anything wrong? So all the players can eat, or just the pretty boy star QB? What is the limit as to what they can eat? Hot dogs are fine, but ribs and slaw is a no go? How about ordering pizza to the sidelines, or Chinese as long as they are sneaky about it? Non-sneaky eating is not allowed though right? Please explain it to me....

My college buddy Matt played OL in high school. His team was blowing somebody out, he was on the sidelines eating a hot dog, and had to go into the game for a field goal try - while still eating. Of course his teammate next to him taunts the other team that Matt's out for field goal duty with a mouthful of hot dog. Of course these two guys jack him up on the snap, and food goes EVERYWHERE. His dad has a great picture of it, where you can clearly see hot dog bun strewn all behind him.

Let's see Sanchez try that.

He wasn't doing his highly paid job, he was on the bench, and probably eating to return energy because he'd had stomach issues that morning. And I couldn't care less if players broke out buckets of chicken on the sidelines. Seriously, who cares? What they do on the field is what matters.

This is the most ridiculous "controversy" this season. The public eye can shove it.

My college buddy Matt played OL in high school. His team was blowing somebody out, he was on the sidelines eating a hot dog, and had to go into the game for a field goal try - while still eating. Of course his teammate next to him taunts the other team that Matt's out for field goal duty with a mouthful of hot dog. Of course these two guys jack him up on the snap, and food goes EVERYWHERE. His dad has a great picture of it, where you can clearly see hot dog bun strewn all behind him.

Let's see Sanchez try that.

lol, great story.:laugh:

That's why he was sneaking to do it as you describe: because he wasn't doing anything wrong? So all the players can eat, or just the pretty boy star QB? What is the limit as to what they can eat? Hot dogs are fine, but ribs and slaw is a no go? How about ordering pizza to the sidelines, or Chinese as long as they are sneaky about it? Non-sneaky eating is not allowed though right? Please explain it to me....

He was sneaking because he probably didn't want to appear that he was showing up the other team. And I give him credit for that. It was obvious that he was just hungry, and needed a quick bite. Yeah, probably should have just gone with an energy bar or something. But, who cares. I didn't see anything wrong it. And it should have never been a story. And your examples are ridiculous, btw.:doh:

He wasn't doing his highly paid job, he was on the bench, and probably eating to return energy because he'd had stomach issues that morning. And I couldn't care less if players broke out buckets of chicken on the sidelines. Seriously, who cares? What they do on the field is what matters.

This is the most ridiculous "controversy" this season. The public eye can shove it.

Mercury, now the above I would never condone.

Archived