Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Samuels: Hall of Fame?

SIXX99

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Orlando Pace, Walter Jones and Ogden are probably the 3 left tackles from this generation to make it.

I'd agree strongly with Jones and Ogden, but IMO Chris was better than Pace. You could leave Chris on an island and not have to worry about him. I'd say

1. Ogden

2. Jones

3. Samuels

4. Pace

I'd agree strongly with Jones and Ogden, but IMO Chris was better than Pace. You could leave Chris on an island and not have to worry about him. I'd say

1. Ogden

2. Jones

3. Samuels

4. Pace

Orlando Pace was also 3 times First-Team All Pro and one time Second-Team All Pro...with 7 Pro Bowls.

Not to mention Willie Roaf, who kind of crosses between the 90s/2000s, but he's got 11 Pro Bowls, 6 time First-Team All Pro, 3 time Second-Team All Pro, and he's on the 90's All Decade Team.

So that's a total of four guys Samuels will be behind in consideration for the HOF.

No one that has played on our team in the last decade sniffs the hall of fame. Not Portis. Not Samuels. Not Fletcher. Not Taylor. Although Taylor might have had a chance depending on how he developed.

I'd say Portis has a legitimate chance if he has at least 13000 yards at the end of his career. I mean youd get in just for that stat alone. If he wins a superbowl with 10000 or more he's a lock.

I'd say Portis has a legitimate chance if he has at least 13000 yards at the end of his career. I mean youd get in just for that stat alone. If he wins a superbowl with 10000 or more he's a lock.
Possibly, but he's not going to win a Super Bowl here any time real soon, and I also don't see him getting to 13,000 yards in his career.

He has about 9,700 right now, and should be able to break 10,000 by the end of this season, but he's slowing down too much I think to be able to get another 3,000 yards.

Possibly, but he's not going to win a Super Bowl here any time real soon, and I also don't see him getting to 13,000 yards in his career.

He has about 9,700 right now, and should be able to break 10,000 by the end of this season, but he's slowing down too much I think to be able to get another 3,000 yards.

We'll after this season he'll need 2800 or so....over the next 5 years which he'll play even if it is as a backup? He'll get there easy.

As much as I like the Skins, and would love to see more Skins in the Hall of Fame ... Chris Samuels is a long shot.

He was a good LT, NOT great. Prior to his induction, Jim Lachey would need to be inducted.

and before Lachey probably Jacoby. I mean didn't Jacoby pretty much usher in the era of the truly massive offensive lineman?

like most people who commented.. he is borderline at best.. the problem is that if he does go in then it opens the door for so many other LTs who were as good as him during his career... Samuels was great but he didnt seperate himself from other great LTs in his era of the NFL

We'll after this season he'll need 2800 or so....over the next 5 years which he'll play even if it is as a backup? He'll get there easy.

When's the last time you saw a 33 year old RB contribute significantly, even as a backup?

It's very rare, and with the beating Portis has taken over the years, I doubt he plays past 31.

3,000 more yards is about 1/3rd of his career amount so far, which he's amassed over 7 seasons averaging 293 carries per year. He's on pace to get another 280 or so carries this year, and probably more if he starts getting more carries per game. He's not getting better, with the bone spurs or whatever in his ankles, his hesitance at hitting the holes, and our o-line getting progressively worse.

I just don't see him being able to sustain that kind of average workload for the next 1-2 years, especially if we're going under a rebuilding project on offense over that time span. He'll be 29 at the start of next season, going on about 2,300-2,400 career carries, with a lot of tough yardage he's had to get in Washington for the bulk of his career.

It seems like he's at the twilight of his career and at best, he'll be a solid veteran backup somewhere within a couple years and probably out of the league not long after that.

I think his best shot at getting a career rejuvenation will be if we can get some kind of impact RB to split the load with him and help get him more production of out less carries. But if we just go o-line/QB in the draft in the next couple of years, he's going to have a tough hill to climb to get past 12,000 yards.

Regardless of what this team has done in the 9 seasons he has played with the Skins, Chris has made the Pro-Bowl 6 of those seasons. They only take 2 left tackles each year from each conference. That being said, it may not be a quick induction, but Chris will be in the hall of fame if he Retires at the end of the season. I on one hand do not think Chris will retire this year and will be back next season. :point2sky

Archived