Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hip Hop is so bad these days I long for Ca$h Money and No Limit

Big Weirdo

So you are saying that just because people listen to Gucci Mane they don't know what actual talent is? This same argument has been rehashed time and time again usually by artist who can't get a slice of the money pie because thier music is to the mainstream auidence irrelevent and something they don't want to hear hip hop has evolved the old ways are gone either ya'll gotz to get with it or continue to listen to whatever ya'll guys prefer but whining about it and slandering everyone elses opionion on what a good hip hop artist is is gettin kind of old.

Being mainstream does not make you relevant. I wouldnt trust the American people to pick the best MC out of a lineup of 5 cloned Tupacs standing side by side.

Being mainstream does not make you relevant. I wouldnt trust the American people to pick the best MC out of a lineup of 5 cloned Tupacs standing side by side.

But yet album sales, and the word on the street are saying something different, make no mistake people are in the game to make money. Don't you find it wierd that the only people complaining about the current state of hip hop are those artist who can't make a buck with the taste of the current consumer being what it is?

No, Really, what I'm saying is in my opinion he blows. Of course, everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

But really, Gucci Mane...hahaha, let's look at some lyrics...

Gucci let me set the record straight.

Hater you participate.

three girls wit me like I'm going on a limo date.

Say you got a man but'cha man ain't here.

The ice in my ear shine like a shandalere.

Sharper then a phantom.

Don't you think I'm handsome.

Watch on my wrist cost more than a mansion.

Bet'cha baby daddy ain't icy like the kid be.

Got'cha baby mama, front seat of my ferari.

She's a very freaky gurl..

she get it from her mama..

plus you get a night..

then you get her number..

Then you get sum get sum in the front seat of the hummer..

Then you get sum get sum in the front seat of the hummer..

------------

I rest my case. :silly:

Do you even listen to Gucci or do you just listen to the radio songs that he makes? Try listening to some of his mixtapes instead.

Because America has now accepted watered down, non creative garbage for its popular music. I don't blame them for releasing the crap they do, it takes em half an hour to record and they make bills off it.

But it is watered down according to who? because it isn't according to the people who buy it and listen to it. And how exacetly do you know it takes them Half an hour to record songs unless you are in the studio with them?

Gucci Mane is complete garbage. I can't believe someone would even mention his name.. I use to think Lil Wayne had some catchy lyrics but he's fallen off. Seriously, his lyrics make absolutely no sense. I think artists only put him on songs to gain attention.

Does anyone even know what the the hell these Lil Wayne lyrics are suppose to mean?

ok, hello its da martian,

space jam jordan’s,

i want this **** forever, wake up and smell the garden

fresher than the harvest

step up to the target

if i had one guess than i guess im just new orleans

Outkast and A tribe called quest. I miss those days off hip hop

I'm not an expert on hip/hop or anything, but I listen to A LOT of music of all different kinds.

CYNE = good hip/hop/rap group from Florida

They have intelligent lyrics and good music that isn't all about rims, "shorties," or "da club"

no I dont work for these guys lol, but I found their most recent 2009 album Water For Mars to be great.

If you want some good new hip/hop check out the album...

CYNE - Water For Mars(only on iTunes right now i think)

also The Nicest - Indie Hip Hop, Vol. 1 is a great new compilation(only on iTunes as well I think)

:eaglesuck

Does anyone even know what the the hell these Lil Wayne lyrics are suppose to mean?

ok, hello its da martian,

space jam jordan’s,

i want this **** forever, wake up and smell the garden

fresher than the harvest

step up to the target

if i had one guess than i guess im just new orleans

People think he's weird but they need to realize that he's just a typical New Orleans dude. That's how they roll.

BTW, I'm proud that I've never even heard of Gucci Mane. Getting old has some benefits after all.

But it is watered down according to who? because it isn't according to the people who buy it and listen to it. And how exacetly do you know it takes them Half an hour to record songs unless you are in the studio with them?

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who isn't deaf. :cool:

Doesn't take much to use KORG synthesizers and apply 5th grade lyrics on top of it.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who isn't deaf. :cool:

Doesn't take much to use KORG synthesizers and apply 5th grade lyrics on top of it.

You also forgot the Akai MPC machine too son :silly:

But for real, everyone has their definition of what Hip Hop is. Most of the music being made today is for the club scene and teeny boppers. I have to admit, Gucci Mane does have some catchy beats. Heck I still remember the summer of '96 like it was yesterday.

You also forgot the Akai MPC machine too son :silly:

But for real, everyone has their definition of what Hip Hop is. Most of the music being made today is for the club scene and teeny boppers. I have to admit, Gucci Mane does have some catchy beats. Heck I still remember the summer of '96 like it was yesterday.

Yup and it sucks but it is what it is. That's why I said as far as I am concerned. We all got opinions. even if 5th grade lyrics appeal to you more than creative production coupled with intellectual rhymes. ;)

I'm not an expert on hip/hop or anything, but I listen to A LOT of music of all different kinds.

CYNE = good hip/hop/rap group from Florida

They have intelligent lyrics and good music that isn't all about rims, "shorties," or "da club"

no I dont work for these guys lol, but I found their most recent 2009 album Water For Mars to be great.

If you want some good new hip/hop check out the album...

CYNE - Water For Mars(only on iTunes right now i think)

also The Nicest - Indie Hip Hop, Vol. 1 is a great new compilation(only on iTunes as well I think)

:eaglesuck

Cyne is amazing!!! My favorite CD they have is Time being but every album they put out is amazing.

Best No Limit CD was Master P's the Ice Cream Man. I used to love No Limit and CMR but I admit the bling era was the start of the downfall of hip hop.

The bling bling era was cute but its about to be done, I leave you full clipse like the moon blockin' the sun.

My metaphors are dirty like herpies, but harder to catch.

Like an escape tunnel in prison I started from scratch

and now these parasites wanna prosenna my asscap

trying to control perspective like an acid flashback

but here's a quotable for every single record exec

get your ****ing hands out my pocket "n-word" like Malcolm X

but this ain't a movie, I'm not a fan or a groupie

and I'm not that type of cat, you can afford to miss if you shoot me

curse to heavens and laugh when the sky electrocutes me

Best No Limit CD was Master P's the Ice Cream Man.

eh, that's debatable. I think Ghetto D has the higher quality songs but it also had some real cheesy songs. Ice Cream Man was solid all around. Both are good albums though.

It's funny but Master P was alright back in the day. People don't want to admit that but if you like gangster rap he was right there in the mid-90's. He actually started off in Cali so he didn't have that lame ass N.O. feel to start off. MP da Last Don was the beginning of the end. He just became a caricature. I think he saw the success of Cash Money and tried to emulate that. Or he just ran out of things to say. I don't know.

Archived