Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1998 Skins'...2007 Dolphins...2008 Titans...

FunBunch7

People are talking about how this franchise is ruined...selling their tickets...being an "Abyss" for quarterbacks, yada, yada, yada...

Granted, I'm as frustrated as the next guy at our 2-4 start...and there's no telling how many games we will win the rest of the way...but let's take a look at some horrible seasons and how quick the turnaround was...

1998 Redskins...we started out 0-7 before rallying to win 6 of our last 9...the season was shot from the beginning but we set the ground to win the division in 1999 with a 10-6 record and being one muffed hold away from going to the NFC CHampionship.

2007 Dolphins...they were 1-15! The Patriots were 16-0! Don't forget that over half of aback in 2008 and won 11 games AND won their division!

2007 Falcons...was there EVER a franchise in more disarray than the Falcons after the Michael Vick Fiasco? The earned the 3rd pick in the draft and took Matt Ryan and 2008 was supposed to be a rebuilding year...yeah, they "rebuilt" allright...to the tune of 11 wins and a wild card berth!

2008 Titans...this is the polar oppositie...they started last year 10-0 on their way to 13-3 and home field in the playoffs. Now the wheels have come off...heck, it's monday morning and I htink the Patriots just scored again on them! lol

My point is that year to year, things can change so much!!! Yeah, this season is sucking...but a new QB, a new RB...add a legit WR...draft some depth on the line...a new coach...this team is "right there" potentially in 2010...heck, we might be one snap away from the NFC Championship game.

I certainly understand the anger and disappointment...but if you have tickets, please go to the game and support the team...don't disgrace our fight song...don't sell your tickets on Ebay to random fans...don't wear bags on your heads...enjoy each and every game and cheer our team on to victory...in a few years we may very well be in the middle of a new Dynasty...seasons like this one will make it all the more sweet when we do finally turn it around!

PS. Enjoy watching Darren Sproles tonight...our 2010 starting running back! Maybe Kyle Orton too!

The problem is we are getting worse. Besides the Giants, the teams we've played have a combined 3 wins, all 3 coming against us. This was supposed to be the gimme part of out schedule where we got out to a good start. Most people had us at 4-2 or 5-1 at this point. I don't think anyone thought we'd be 2-4 after 6 games. I thought we'd be 4-3 or 5-2 at the bye. We'll be lucky to be 3-4.

My point is that year to year, things can change so much!!! Yeah, this season is sucking...but a new QB, a new RB...add a legit WR...draft some depth on the line...a new coach...this team is "right there" potentially in 2010...heck, we might be one snap away from the NFC Championship game.

That's a really tall order. Where do you expect us to pick up all these new players without trading a bunch away?

1998 Redskins...we started out 0-7 before rallying to win 6 of our last 9...

2007 Dolphins...

2007 Falcons...

What do all three of those teams have in common? A GM who isn't a complete and total nitwit!

1998 Skins: Casserly, he put the 1999 team together before Sndyer could have anything to do with it.

2007 Dolphins: Parcells/Ireland

2007 Falcons: Thomas Dimitroff

That's a really tall order. Where do you expect us to pick up all these new players without trading a bunch away?

Darren Sproles? He'd be worth a 1st rounder...he was franchised by SD this season...we'll be unloading Portis' salary next year (uncapped year)

The Broncos are playing a "wait n see" approach with Kyle Orton...mainly due to the CBA from what I understand...Orton makes $995,000 this year!

The Skins looked even more hopeless in '98, '01, and '03. They made the playoffs in '99(hosted a home playoff game), '05, and '07. How bad did the skins look in '06 before they made the playoffs the next season? Just as pathetic as they do now. The Redskins offense is a clogged toilet on grass, but I've seen much worse from these guys. This team does have a good defense believe it or not. you could look at it from the angle of us having to only rebuild one half of the team. obviously the offense. things can change quickly with the redskins for better or worse.

:eaglesuck

Darren Sproles? He'd be worth a 1st rounder...he was franchised by SD this season...we'll be unloading Portis' salary next year (uncapped year) QUOTE]

Holy crap its danny on the msg board! Sproles is not a first round back. go ahead and trade more draft picks away for skill position and ignore the elephant in the room that it the o line

Archived