Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mervis wants to take Skins ownership public

Spaceman Spiff

Green Bay is the only team with this form of ownership structure in the NFL; such ownership is technically in direct violation of league rules, which stipulate a limit of 32 owners of one team and one of those owners having a minimum 30% stake. However, the Packers corporation was grandfathered when the NFL's current ownership policy was established[when?], and are thus exempt.

As posted over 5 minutes ago and about 3 minutes ago. Read the dam thread. :chair:

Second, a boycott will only hit him in the wallet if Skins fans STOP SELLING TICKETS TO FANS FROM OTHER TEAMS. Their money is worth just as much as ours.

this has nothing to do with it

snyder already has his money - if I sell my tickets to another team's fans, its to get my money back. Not doing that doesn't keep any money from snyder.

you have to give up your season tickets if you want to have an impact.

personally, i'm not giving mine up. the next best option is to sell whatever tickets i can when i can to recoup the loss.

As posted over 5 minutes ago and about 3 minutes ago. Read the dam thread. :chair:

I was looking up the quote when I saw the first post... sorry I'll try to Google faster. If I could give you that .5 seconds of your life back you spent reading what I wrote, I would. However, I won't refund the time spent bashing me, or you reading this reply. Thank you, come again!

The Mervis family OWN A DIAMOND MINE in Africa. They probably have this much spare change in their cookie jar at home... With the crappy economy, diamonds are only gaining in value. He could call one of his buddies at DeBeers and they could have a check cut this evening for ownership. The DeBeers conglomerate could buy the ENTIRE NFL and not even blink.

Even if this idea isn't feasible, the dissent among fans might raise some eyebrows. There could be a group of investors ready to approach Snyder if they see an opportunity.

And, to think Snyder wouldn't ever sell is ridiculous. If someone offered the man 1.6B for the Redskins, he'd be an idiot to hold onto it.

Ah, but the problem is he IS an idiot...

The Mervis family OWN A DIAMOND MINE in Africa. They probably have this much spare change in their cookie jar at home... With the crappy economy, diamonds are only gaining in value. He could call one of his buddies at DeBeers and they could have a check cut this evening for ownership. The DeBeers conglomerate could buy the ENTIRE NFL and not even blink.

Someone should reply to the e-mail and make this suggestion. Send him the league rule and see if he can scare up 30 buddies to make a bid.

Even if this idea isn't feasible, the dissent among fans might raise some eyebrows. There could be a group of investors ready to approach Snyder if they see an opportunity.

Agreed. The fact that so many fans pledged so much money to try and get the team away from him would have to get his attention. This, like boycotting the team, isn't just idle chatter from extreme elements of an otherwise content fanbase. This is the community of fans as a whole, speaking with their wallets in concrete terms. He can't easily ignore that. While he wouldn't be forced to sell, the statement from the fans would be undeniable.

Wouldn't it be easier just to black mail Dan?

I mean, I could probably get some naked pics of him, then just threaten to go public with them unless he sells the team.. It's worked before..

Well, there are those pictures that Vinny has somewhere. I think its wear Dan is giving Jerruh a "Texas Whiplash"

I'd be interest in reading the exact language regarding who can be an owner. It's going to have to be very specific. Because one owner might be "Redskins Fan Trust Ltd" which is a single owner, and that trust could arguably be owned by whoever has an ownership interest in it or who buy subscription shares.

In short, an owner as an individual and an owner as an entity are legally indistinguishable, but the policy could be written as such to prevent that by precluding any corporate ownership of a franchise.

Wouldn't it be easier just to black mail Dan?

I mean, I could probably get some naked pics of him, then just threaten to go public with them unless he sells the team.. It's worked before..

What night did you acquire these pictures? Was this between two consenting adults? How much did he pay you?

I'd be interest in reading the exact language regarding who can be an owner. It's going to have to be very specific. Because one owner might be "Redskins Fan Trust Ltd" which is a single owner, and that trust could arguably be owned by whoever has an ownership interest in it or who buy subscription shares.

In short, an owner as an individual and an owner as an entity are legally indistinguishable, but the policy could be written as such to prevent that by precluding any corporate ownership of a franchise.

This is what's encouraging. We should have enough intelligence on this site to figure out if there are any options...

Archived