Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Wise - A Change Would Do No Good

DixieFlatline

The only way this team can be turned around in one offseason is if Cerrato is unemployed. This is the same guy, who was not even sniffed by another team when Schottenheimer fired him, and was hired by ESPN to do chat rooms.

Furthermore, I feel if Snyder is unwilling to fire Cerrato despite all of this mess than he really doesn't want this team to be a winner. He just wants to be a winner, his way, come hell or high water. Unfortunately, this comes to the determinent of us.

I agree. Its not like we don't have good players on this team. Ports, Samuels, Moss, Cooley, Fletcher, Orakpo, Haynesworth, Rogers, Hall, McInotsh, Landry are all pretty damn good. Its not like we are the Raiders, Rams, Browns with not much talent to worth with. We have guys in place, but for some reason we can't do anything with them.

You only named one offensive lineman, Samuels, who's been with the team almost as long as Snyder has owned it. This is the problem. Snyder/Cerrato have drafted players in the skill positions and completely neglected the foundation of any offense. Yes, those are guys and extremely talented, but our offensive line isn't.

Julius Peppers going against a UDFA who shouldn't be a starter anywhere in the league.

It was a dumbass call on Zorn's part to begin with, running a sweep in the freaking end-zone.

LOL okay which Guard do you run behind? Dockery who was also knocked into Portis' lap vs the Lions when we needed 1 foot to seal the deal. Or Williams who just played his first game in years? All Heyer had to do (as Billick said) was not to lose ground. Didn't have to drive the man. Just not lose ground. Not to mention, Sellers was once again Mr. Softie at the point of attack. And who stuck us with those players? Yeah...Management.

You only named one offensive lineman, Samuels, who's been with the team almost as long as Snyder has owned it. This is the problem. Snyder/Cerrato have drafted players in the skill positions and completely neglected the foundation of any offense. Yes, those are guys and extremely talented, but our offensive line isn't.

True, we need help on the OL badly. But my point was that its not like we have a bunch of bums out there. For the most part, we have a pretty talented team. 8 Pro Bowlers and Fletcher. I just feel like the coaching staff doesn't know how to use them. Take Orakpo for example, he has 3 sacks, and I'm pretty sure all 3 have come from when he is at DE and not OLB. Why not play him at DE all the time? That's coaching, not players.

You watch the Redskins' coaching search, draft moves,trades and FA signings and then see it not add up to success year after year.

It makes you want to look up at the owner's box where Dan and Vinny sit and do this:

Actually, I think this guy has the right idea:

Archived