Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Assuming we have another Coach, why a retread?

Hal2856

I was curious what young coaches out there should maybe be considered. Like a McDaniels, Harbaugh, Haley, or Morris.

My opinion is this is a better way to go. Someone who has something to prove. After all, Holmgren is my opinion tanked it in Seattle last year. He just seemed old and done. Shanny much of the same.

Any ideas?

I was curious what young coaches out there should maybe be considered. Like a McDaniels, Harbaugh, Haley, or Morris.

My opinion is this is a better way to go. Someone who has something to prove. After all, Holmgren is my opinion tanked it in Seattle last year. He just seemed old and done. Shanny much of the same.

Any ideas?

I actually agree with you 100%. I want to find the next great head coach, our own Tomlin/Harbaugh/Sporano etc.

Because when you look at our "braintrust's" track record when it comes to trying to find that "diamond in the rough" coaching hire (see Spurrier and now Zorn).......

They couldn't pick out a coach if the lineup included Noll,Shula and Lombardi.

Yeah they could, they'd hire Mike Shula, or Mike Lombardi, duh. :chair:

Personally id prefer a sharp, up and comer as well but i dont believe theres one out there worth the shot right now. Out of the re-treads Cowher and Dungy are the only ones that went out as winners, but i dont believe either of them will be able to co-exist with the Snyder/Cerrato tandem. Hopefully we can turn it around and the HC drama becomes a non-issue but history says otherwise i guess. :doh:

The only really young, McDaniels-esque coach that comes to mind is Mike Shanahan's son Kyle. He's only 29 years old and became the offensive coordinator for the Texans last season. They finished with the #3 overall offense.

Who's OC in New Orleans

Pete Carmichael (38 years old)

or DC in San Fran?

Greg Manusky (43 years old)

What about the Vikies DC?

Leslie Frazier (50 years old)

Uh, because we have a newbie now.

01- Vet: Marty

02- NFL Newbie: Spurrier

04- Vet: Gibbs

08: Newbie: Zorn

The last thing Snyder is going to do is give the head coaching job to another newbie save for one person, Russ Grimm. That would only be because he was a former Skin.

I saw the odds are pretty good that one of the Mikes will be our coach.

The only really young, McDaniels-esque coach that comes to mind is Mike Shanahan's son Kyle. He's only 29 years old and became the offensive coordinator for the Texans last season. They finished with the #3 overall offense.

Pete Carmichael (38 years old)

Greg Manusky (43 years old)

Leslie Frazier (50 years old)

Was Manusky a Redskin? That name sounds familiar, sorry if that is stupid. I know he was a linebacker... Sorry I don't know... Carmichael would be good...

Uh, because we have a newbie now.

01- Vet: Marty

02- NFL Newbie: Spurrier

04- Vet: Gibbs

08: Newbie: Zorn

The last thing Snyder is going to do is give the head coaching job to another newbie save for one person, Russ Grimm. That would only be because he was a former Skin.

I saw the odds are pretty good that one of the Mikes will be our coach.

Didn't Snyder fire Russ Grimm?

The Zorn signing has shown that this owner and his pseudo-GM Cerrato don't have the acumen to hire an up and coming young assistant that has the capabilities of stepping into the HC job and being successful.

There is a reason that the 54 year old Zorn never was a candidate to be a head coach or even a coordinator despite being a position coach for the past 8-9 years.

Snyder won't make this mistake again.

He is going to go with a proven commodity who he can then put all the pressure and expectations on for success.

With Zorn, the fans and media still point to Snyder and Cerrato for a hire that perhaps didn't make sense.

If Holmgren or Shanahan comes here, there won't be as much of that as these coaches will take the heat if the team is not successful on the field.

Archived