Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When You Wake Up Tomorrow, You'll Own the Redskins. Now What?(Merged)

E-Dog Night

I would immediately come to this message board under a false name and conduct polls for every important decision.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. :silly:

I'd leave it along for the rest of the season, then set out to hire a team president who could form the organization. Would love Ozzie Newsome, but I don't know how interested he would be. Who ever it might be I would make it clear that they were the ones who had the final authority and decision making power. I would also make it very clear that my requirements were only that they be as open and honest about their decision making as possible. No more cloak and dagger nonsense, and nobody getting screwed. There has been enough mud flung on this team.

I would then have him decide who would be the best GM out there, and then have them work together to build the coaching staff and the team. I would suspect it's a case where it needs to be blown up and built over again but they are the experts.

I'd the can much of the marketing group and reorganize the stadium services group. Tell security to lower the boom on drunk and obnoxious fans, and let food services know that a new day had come.

Then I'd buy distinctive head wear and and rock a new Asian/American country squire look for the still new centery.

First things first, I would hire Gibbs as the Team President. Then hand the reigns over to him, and hopefully things would follow in this progression. Gibbs would hire Eric DeCosta as his GM and then Gibbs would step back.

Then i would hope DeCosta would bring in Russ Grimm as the Head Coach (obviously Gibbs would support)

I would like to see Grimm bring in Pete Carmichael Jr as his Offensive Coordinator, this guys been under Sean Peyton for a few years and looks ready to call plays. Then bring in Matt Raich as his Defensive Coordinator, Grimm has ties to him in Arizona and Pittsburgh. I like Raich because he has been a part of winning teams and he is an aggressive defensive guy.

Now back to DeCosta - If I were Decosta I would

In an uncapped year

Release - Randy Thomas, Rock Cartwright, ARE, Rabach, C. Griffin, Mike Sellers and Ladell Betts.

Tender - Carlos Rogers and J Campbell and hope both would be back for at least one year. Tender Montgomery and hopefully get a pick.

Re-Sign - McIntosh, Gholston, BMW, Hunter Smith and Reed Doughty

Free Agency - Jahri Evans (RG), Charlie Johnson (RT), Johnny Jolly (DT), Derrick Johnson (SOLB)(so Orakpo could put his hand in the dirt every play) and Darren Sharper (FS) so Landry could move to his natural position also.

Draft -

1st - Okung, OT, OK State

2nd - Jeff Byers, OG, USC

3rd - No pick, (Jarmon in the Supplemental)

4th - Perry Riley, OLB, LSU

5th - Kevin Thomas, CB, USC

6th - No pick, (Jason Taylor Trade)

7th - Lagerette Blount, RB, Oregon

I would look to draft Ryan Mallet, QB, Arkansas and look for a good Free Safety, then depth on the lines.

QB would be a weakness for 2010, however behind an improved offensive line and a better offensive scheme they might shock you. Same for the WRs.

If this scenario didn't work out I would look to hire Marty Shotty as my Team President and have his Disciple Bill Cowher come in as coach and put their flavor into the team.

I like the True Redskin Nostalgia scenario first though. Just my thoughts, but overall If I were owner, I would definitely step back after I hired a qaulified Team President or GM and let them do there jobs.

Let Colt Brennan take the reigns next year. If he doesnt succeed then you draft a QB next year.

2010 Draft is QB rich. Have talent scouts who can properly evaluate talent and draft one. Keep Colt and sign Jeff Garcia.

Let those two fight for starting position and mentor the hell out of the rookie QB.

I would also start putting provisions in the contracts that state during the season (including playoffs and Super Bowl) NO THURSDAY, FRIDAY or SATURDAY nights out on the town. You need to be focusing on the game, watching film, going over schemes, building comraderie with your fellow players.

This team needs discipline.

Archived