Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Samuels Blog: A Win Is A Win

TSO

The reason they're sensitive about it is because in spite of all the excuses and nonsense they spout in their defense, they know that that the critcism is justified. They know that right now, they stink as a team, they know that the offense is impotent and the defense is wobbly against comptent oppostion. Simple as that.

Or maybe they know they have issues and are working real hard to fix them, but would like it if the fans supported them while they tried to do so? :whoknows:

Real leaders hold themselves and others accountable. I don't want to hear, "a win is a win" crap when you just barely beat one of the worst teams at home. Do you think Ray Lewis would have said that if they struggled to beat TB?

actually I bet Ray would say the same thing-

And let me ask you this- do teams get to the playoffs based on total points scored through the season or how many wins they have?

Then Chris Samuels must be living in fantasy land. NO WAY any home fans of any team would have remained silent after that first half.

Actually yes- I was at a Div 2 college game Saturday- The home team QB overthrew 2 wide open WR's that would have been TD's-he threw an INT and the defense pretty much sucked. Halftime they were down by 10 pts. The crowd roared as the team left the field, and roared cheers when they came back out in the 3rd Qtr. Home team ended up winning by a TD. The game was eerily similar to the Skins game, QB play and all. And this college team who won division titles all through the 80's/90's- pretty much suck ass for the last 15 years. The fans have never quit on them.

And let me ask you this- do teams get to the playoffs based on total points scored through the season or how many wins they have?

Actually yes- I was at a Div 2 college game Saturday- The home team QB overthrew 2 wide open WR's that would have been TD's-he threw an INT and the defense pretty much sucked. Halftime they were down by 10 pts. The crowd roared as the team left the field, and roared cheers when they came back out in the 3rd Qtr. Home team ended up winning by a TD. The game was eerily similar to the Skins game, QB play and all. And this college team who won division titles all through the 80's/90's- pretty much suck ass for the last 15 years. The fans have never quit on them.

Did they have a legendary coach in the 80s and 90s come back and coach them for 4 years just recently too? ;)

I'm sure that's all fine, but a division 2 college team with a bunch of 19-year olds is a little different than an NFL franchise being run into the ground by a dysfunctional front office.

I know what Samuels was trying to do, and I respect it. But we really have to get out of this mindset of "a win is a win". It stinks of complacency (sp). This is a talented team.

That just saying a D is a passing grade. Are you really happy with a D grade? Of course not. :helmet:

I bet you he wouldn't. Don't get me wrong, he like any other player, will take the win, but he would not say a win is a win. Only teams that accept mediocrity says that.

You can't compare unpaid KIDS to highly paid grown men.

Did Chris actually refer to this line as the Hogs?

:hysterical:

Chris Chris Chris.

Love Ya man and most certainly you yourself would have been worthy of playing on those lines, but Chris this line that you've been a part of ain't in any way shape or form a fraction of what the Hogs were.

You're just inviting a comparison and that is not something your linemates need at this time given how poorly you guys have played.

You guys are the Dirtbags or whatever stupid nickname you guys decided to market before winning anything. Stick with that.

Chris, we support you and we want success for the skins. That said we are dying for a full four quarter of effort the way you guys played with your backs to the wall. Im not a game to game fan but I hate having my stomach in knots at the end of each game. I hate to feel as Im sure you do that we have top level talent that fails to put points on the board or stop the other team. I know bad breaks happen but I expect our talent and execution to be capable to turn it up for 60 minutes.

HTTR

Chris has earned my respect over the years to say what he wants and I agree we do have to be patient. The only thing that I would say is these players have to know when we boo its not us not supporting them, its us saying get it together you are better than this. Just like a coach does. In fact Im in sales and if I am not selling my boss doesnt say hey buddy dont worry about it your doing fine. My boss is gonna be all over me till I get it together. So for the players who hate the boo-ing just win!

I agree a win is a win, so stop all the whinnying and booing you sorry excuse for fans lol

Support is about being there threw the good and bad

BE A REAL FAN

Stop that "real fan" crap. I would not boo, but I think booing is a sign that the fans care. They are mad because the team is not playing up to their potential. You're lethargic when you don't care, but having a passionate reaction shows that there is a great deal of care for the team.

Apparently, to be a real fan, you must be a mindless, happily clapping, zombie now.

Don't express your opinion, just be happy that these guys are on the field wearing the colors of your team and playing football so bad that they can barely scrape together a couple of touchdowns per game (if) against some of the worst teams (by that same W-L categorization) in the professional game.

When you physically see a player taking a play off, or getting beat play after play, it's pretty hard for even zombies to cheer.

Give us some hope via visible effort and professionalism, and we will give you the home field advantage. It's an exchange thing. You spent the freely given good will, now it has to be earned.

I'm sure that's all fine, but a division 2 college team with a bunch of 19-year olds is a little different than an NFL franchise being run into the ground by a dysfunctional front office.

You can't compare unpaid KIDS to highly paid grown men.

Response to bothposts- Not comparing the Skins to a college team - I'm comparing the die hard fans and how they differ in their approach to the team struggling.

Response to bothposts- Not comparing the Skins to a college team - I'm comparing the die hard fans and how they differ in their approach to the team struggling.

6 quarters against 2 of the worst teams in football yielded.....0 touchdowns.

I was at the game and didn't boo. What I noticed though was that the crowd did the "normal" thing of making noise when the defense was on the field. The boos really only came after unsuccessful drives and the unsuccessful half.

Maybe the team would prefer apathy. The mere fact that people are there should tell them that people care. As someone else said these aren't children that need to be patted on the back no matter what they do. At some point their performance gets what it deserves.

Samuels is our best offensive player period and has been for years.

He never throws ANYONE under the bus in the slightest. He's one of the only leaders and professionals we have.

He can say whatever he wants. He doesn't like the booing.

He can say whatever he wants...and the fans can say whatever they want.

Best offensive player? Really?? I would definitely put Cooley and Moss ahead of him on that one. You'd think if he was such a great player then we'd be able to pick up a first down running left every now and then.

6 quarters against 2 of the worst teams in football yielded.....0 touchdowns.

I was at the game and didn't boo. What I noticed though was that the crowd did the "normal" thing of making noise when the defense was on the field. The boos really only came after unsuccessful drives and the unsuccessful half.

Maybe the team would prefer apathy. The mere fact that people are there should tell them that people care. As someone else said these aren't children that need to be patted on the back no matter what they do. At some point their performance gets what it deserves.

I agree, but just adding that I'm not going to ***** and complain about points when we win. All we need to do is win- we don't get beauty points.

Best offensive player? Really?? I would definitely put Cooley and Moss ahead of him on that one. You'd think if he was such a great player then we'd be able to pick up a first down running left every now and then.
Not even close. No offense to Cooley and Moss, but they are replaceable. Samuels is not.

Go back and watch some game film. His play, even in this stage of his career, is still very high. We waltz into the end zone against Detriot if we run directly behind Samuels.

Skins are not the only team to hear boos. The Cowboys did, when they were beating the Panthers, because of some questionable calls.

Last night the Viking fans booed when they didn't go for the fourth down.

Sorry Chris, down 10-0 to the Buccs, a week after being shutout by the lions in the first half deserve boos. What the **** should they do? Cheer? You have to be kidding me.

That being said, Personally I am happy with the game. We gave them a TD on our Opening drive by giving them the ball on what.. the 20? We had 3 turn overs in the first half, and 1 in the second. And still came back and won. Yes it was against the bucs, but still. Alot of the Elite teams might have had troubles with 4 turnovers and down 10-0.

I don't have in my top 100 games, but it is much better than the Rams squeezer.

I'll try again...

Any decent human being wouldn't boo some DII student athletes. Therefore, the fans of that team should treat those student athletes differently than paid professional athletes.

Archived