Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has anyone been a Coach and a player at the same time in the NFL?

21MadFan

Well, if we're nominating people, then I will be the first (of many, I'm sure) to nominate #3 on his jersey, but #1 in our hearts: Jeff George.

He would solve all our problems. He could coach the quarterbacks, call all the plays and certainly can make all the throws.

He probably can't run the front office, though...so maybe we could bring back Charlie Casserly for that...

I know you are frustrated. We all are. But you can't do well at both jobs at the same time.

Having Fletcher as coach means overseeing the linemen, and defensive backs in the week leading up to games. All that takes away from his prep as a linebacker. It would show on the field.

When the NFL was young, in the 1930s, guys like George Halas would play and coach.

Cause I nominate London Flether to be our Head Coach, or atleast our Def. Coordinator. What do you guys think? Its a little out the box thinking

Sorry but I think you might have just demonstrated the need for the box :D. It would be interesting to see if he ends up coaching in the future but the most he'd be qualified for now would LB coach.

Archived