Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Its not the playcall, Its the time in the huddle

Annonymous Source

I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I watched the Detroit game with my Dad and I was horrified that I could always detirmine if the playcall was a run or pass.

I remember that it was a big goal of this offense to get in and out of the huddle quicker, but the problem is that runs take less time to calls than passes. The average time in the huddle it took to call a run was around 3 seconds and the average time it took to call a pass was about 6 seconds. The thing that scared me most about this was that If I could notice then imagine how easily a Defensive Coordinator could notice. I am just making this post to see if anyone can explain why this is the case, or if anyone else has noticed the same thing.

hail

The fact that most people don't dismiss this allegation outright is proof of how low our opinion of our coach is. You think fans of first class organizations will even give something like any thought? They would dismiss it outright.

Zorn is simply in over his head. The guy may be a nice guy but he's a really really bad coach. 99% of coaches will tell you always take the FG in the first quarter. Even college coaches will tell you 4th-and-13 and better than 3rd-and-13. But not our coach. And he continues to defend those 2 decisions as being right. If Zorn sees those 2 horrible calls as good ones, I am afraid what's going to come next.

Wow, very interesting. I haven't noticed this... if true, either they need to slow down the running calls a bit or speed up the passing plays. Maybe use it to our advantage a couple of times and take a while for a running play to be called so they're thinking pass.

I don't know... you have to think Defensive coordinators don't hinge their calls on this, though. It seems too dubious to really be anything more than a small factor in judging what to do.

Archived