Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Directv Bmore Sunday Ticket Blackout Skins/Lions game

RavenzSuck

I just wanted to see if anyone else had the Redskins Lions game blacked out on the sunday ticket yesterday. I live in Baltimore and there is no reason why the game should have been blacked out. It should have been blacked out in Detroit but no where else. I had to rush to a sports bar in Howard County to catch the game.

Maybe, they knew the skins were going to lose and tried to avoid the agony. I just wanted to see if anyone else was affected.

I live in Baltimore as well and I listened to the radio broadcast (which was lousy) and streamed some on the web. The Web wasn't bad and if my Computer screen were 46 inches then I wouldn't see why the Sunday ticket would ever be needed. That being said, I wish that I had "blacked out" during the game and missed it, IT WAS FREAKING AWFUL!

I'm from Eldersburg and the game was blacked out for me. Good thing was I didn't go anyhwre to try and watch it. DirectTV said that they have no control over it. I'm spending $300 a year for Sunday Ticket and now I have to deal with blackouts because other teams can't sell out. It ain't right

thanks for your responses guys, sorry I did not see a thread on this. It should have been only blacked out in Detroit (according to Directv's website). I know that I didn't miss much but it is the principle that pisses me off. I buy this expensive package annually just to ensure that I can see all games. We shouldnt be penalized because the lions didnt see out.

thanks for your responses guys, sorry I did not see a thread on this. It should have been only blacked out in Detroit (according to Directv's website). I know that I didn't miss much but it is the principle that pisses me off. I buy this expensive package annually just to ensure that I can see all games. We shouldnt be penalized because the lions didnt see out.

I have to wonder that DirecTV made an assumption that, because of secondary market rules, Baltimore's Fox affiliate would be required to air our road game. Unfortunately, WBFF is not being held to the same fire on Redskins road games as WUSA here in DC is with regard to Ravens road games.

It was a nightmare. I have Howard County FIOS and we get channel 5, but a few of us decided to go to Looney's in Maple Lawn to watch the game. There was about 70% Redskins fans there. They could not get it. At about 1:15 we decided to leave and drive down to the Green Turtle in Laurel. Their audio was messed up for most of the game. We ended up leaving at half time and just watched the rest of the game at my house.

Anyone know why redskins nation and the pregame show would always be blacked out here in Iowa? I have Dish and can watch all the other team's shows like bears, patriots etc. on their regional comcast channels. Why are the Redskins the only ones blacked out? Sportsnite and WPL are fine, but if there's ever a special about redskins legends or the daily redskins show it's ALWAYS blacked out.

Sorry for the Hijack.

I just wanted to see if anyone else had the Redskins Lions game blacked out on the sunday ticket yesterday. I live in Baltimore and there is no reason why the game should have been blacked out. It should have been blacked out in Detroit but no where else. I had to rush to a sports bar in Howard County to catch the game.

Maybe, they knew the skins were going to lose and tried to avoid the agony. I just wanted to see if anyone else was affected.

Naw man, i saw the entire game yesterday....are you sure you didn't try to view it on Fox 45?

Naw man, i saw the entire game yesterday....are you sure you didn't try to view it on Fox 45?

As soon as the pre game concluded on 45 in Baltimore county, they had some old rerun of Friends on. I was irate!!! I had a long conversation w. Directv and they couldn't even tell me why it was blacked out. They did say that if I had the super fan package that it would not have been blacked out????? I asked her to show me on the website where it stated this and she could not find it. They F'ed up and they should be accountable but nothing will happen. Directv was even nice enough to offer me a credit for $4.15. It is total BS. I do feel sorry for local sports bars who got screwed over this.

I have to wonder that DirecTV made an assumption that, because of secondary market rules, Baltimore's Fox affiliate would be required to air our road game. Unfortunately, WBFF is not being held to the same fire on Redskins road games as WUSA here in DC is with regard to Ravens road games.

I think you drilled it here. I guess I could call WBFF and complain. I wonder if there is anything else that could be done so that Baltimore area skins fans do not get screwed again

I started a thread on this a few weeks ago, citing that this would happen for the Lions, Panthers and Cowgirls road games: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=299063

It was never originally on Fox 45's schedule ...

I'd suggest calling DirecTV and asking for the DC Fox station as your "local" station since Baltimore Fox station isn't required to air the Redskins games. Not sure if this is possible, but worth a shot.

Actually, DC is a secondary market to the Ravens and vice versa (Baltimore secondary to the Skins). According to the NFL, secondary markets must air all road games.

What we are seeing is a double standard between the two cities. WUSA (DC CBS affiliate) is being held to the fire when it comes to airing Ravens road games; this coming week will be an example. Despite being at home to the Buccaneers early on Fox (with Fox having the doubleheader) where primary market rules dictate no game will air against the market team, WUSA is being forced to air the Ravens road game directly against our home game. As a result, WUSA will miss out on the network's primary game, NY Jets at New Orleans, a 1605 kickoff.

Meanwhile, WBFF is not being held to the same fire of airing our road games concurrently when the Ravens are at home on CBS (with CBS having the doubleheader). This is what happened yesterday, will happen again on 11 October when we are at Carolina, and will happen again on 22 November when we are at Dallas.

It was ridiculous. Sly Fox is considering a law suit due to the amount of business they lost yesterday, in terms of the next time they black it out. Aren't they going to black it out again?

They should considering suing the National Football League for not enforcing the secondary market rules in Baltimore for which Washington is being held to the fire.

my 0.02

Archived