Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Directv Bmore Sunday Ticket Blackout Skins/Lions game

RavenzSuck

I think you drilled it here. I guess I could call WBFF and complain. I wonder if there is anything else that could be done so that Baltimore area skins fans do not get screwed again

I've been drilling it here for the last couple of years ... see my previous post with reference to the thread I started a few weeks ago.

It was a nightmare. I have Howard County FIOS and we get channel 5, but a few of us decided to go to Looney's in Maple Lawn to watch the game. There was about 70% Redskins fans there. They could not get it. At about 1:15 we decided to leave and drive down to the Green Turtle in Laurel. Their audio was messed up for most of the game. We ended up leaving at half time and just watched the rest of the game at my house.

Im glad you mentioned the Audio being messed up, it was the entire first half that this took place on FOX5. actually, quality for all games on FOX5 has been horrible this year. every game i watched this year the tv will go black through out and you hear only sound then flash back in several seconds later, and its only during football games. its really starting to piss me off...

In fairness to WBFF, I believe the Baltimore Ravens requested that the NFL treat Baltimore and Washington as a single market. This would require Washington stations to air all Ravens games, but also require Baltimore to air all Redskins games. I think this also would have enabled the Ravens to get their games simulcast on Washington radio. I would have been in favor of this since it would also mean I'd be able to pick up the 'Skins if I was driving in the Baltimore area.

Only one snag though---this deal required the Redskins to go along with it and they turned it down.

In fairness to WBFF, I believe the Baltimore Ravens requested that the NFL treat Baltimore and Washington as a single market. This would require Washington stations to air all Ravens games, but also require Baltimore to air all Redskins games. I think this also would have enabled the Ravens to get their games simulcast on Washington radio. I would have been in favor of this since it would also mean I'd be able to pick up the 'Skins if I was driving in the Baltimore area.

Only one snag though---this deal required the Redskins to go along with it and they turned it down.

So because we (the Redskins) turned it down, the Ravens are holding our CBS affiliate to the secondary market rule requiring us to air their road games even if against our home game (when there is not supposed to be a game airing). Also, by us turning it down, it implies that we don't care what Fox 45 airs. Egads ...

Yet, it is starting to make sense.

Treating us as a single market would ensure coverage but it also means one team plays early and the other late, just like New York, and at times in the :05 time slot.

Becoming a single market for the purposes of the NFL would avoid scheduling situations like we're having now.

And you can bet that last year's fiasco - they (Ravens) played early at Miami, we hosted Cleveland late putting both games on CBS, and WUSA being told they can't leave the Ravens road game for the Redskins home game if the first went long - would be eliminated.

And this year in Week 6, Ravens at Minnesota and us hosting Kansas City at the same time would not have happened.

I hate to say it but treating us as a single market needs to happen.

my 0.02

So basically, we are screwed even if we have the directv sunday ticket. I have contacted both WBFF and directv. Both are giving me the run around. I know that this will be the last year that I get the sunday ticket.

Here is a quick technical question.

I think that an off air HD antenna will pick up the DC channels in my area in Baltimore county. If I install the antenna, will I need one of those converter boxes also?

Regardless of what we do, it seems like we are screwed. Thanks to Housebowlzs for all of the info.

So basically, we are screwed even if we have the directv sunday ticket. I have contacted both WBFF and directv. Both are giving me the run around. I know that this will be the last year that I get the sunday ticket.

Here is a quick technical question.

I think that an off air HD antenna will pick up the DC channels in my area in Baltimore county. If I install the antenna, will I need one of those converter boxes also?

Regardless of what we do, it seems like we are screwed. Thanks to Housebowlzs for all of the info.

If your T.V. has a digital tuner all you need is the HD antenna. If it doesn't, you'll need a box to get a digital signal. I'll be using mine to watch Dallas-Denver in the lot after the game.

Archived