Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: Weeding out the suckers – Pitchforks and torches

JimmiJo

Play calls do work better when you have better players, but Zorn has no choice but to work with what he has been given.

Well, maybe Zorn should use a little deductive reasoning and tailor his calls to the players and their strengths, and if the talent he has isn't good enough, then maybe he shouldn't be going for it on 4th down!! You're arguments are weak, and you are simply trying to spin everything around by using the same arguments against everyone else with your own spin to it. I mean sure, no matter the outcome of any play during any game can be second guessed......BUT, you are acting like the Coach can't be held accountable for the calls he makes, because anything can happen on any play, and if the calls works then he's a genius, and if it doesn't then he's a villain....WELL, guess what pal, that's the way it works, and that's why you have GOOD COACHES, and BAD COACHES, as the plays they call and the results from them, shape our view of each respective Coach......What in the hell else do we have to go on???????????????

Get real man, and stop playing that devils advocate fiddle of yours! Anybody can plainly see that Jim Zorns play calling, and game management leave a lot to be desired. The only proof i need of that is his overall Coaching record to prove my point......and if that's not enough for you, then go ahead and check out our Offensive Rankings......or our scoring average......or our average margin of victory when we do win.....or how our Special Teams coach having to tell our Head Coach when to call Timeouts, because our Head Coach still doesn't understand clock management, and if the truth be known, has way too much on him trying to be the Head Coach and O-Coordinator..

Regardless....sticking up for Jim Zorn, is like trying to single-handedly keep the Titanic afloat!!

Detroit knew that we run left in short yardage. They crashed the play, it wasn't hard for them.

I'm wondering, Oldfan, if you've pulled the statistics from the first 3 games of Joe Gibbs' second season and compared it to the first 3 games of Zorn's second season. Seeing as how you say Gibbs' offense wouldn't work in the NFL, by design, and Zorn's would.

Ouch.

Let me add, that the brilliance of Gibbs was that when something wasn't working, he changed things up.

It happened after his 0-5 start in Gibbs I...and it happened when he went after Al Saunders and told him to get back to 'Redskins football' (i.e. smash mouth running-game) after big Al got stubborn about about using his playbook.

This coaching staff is either blind or stubborn with pride...something Gibbs could never be accused of.

Detroit knew that we run left in short yardage. They crashed the play, it wasn't hard for them.

You have no evidence at all for your claim. They had no way of predicting that play.

I'm wondering, Oldfan, if you've pulled the statistics from the first 3 games of Joe Gibbs' second season and compared it to the first 3 games of Zorn's second season. Seeing as how you say Gibbs' offense wouldn't work in the NFL, by design, and Zorn's would.

Why would we cherry-pick just the first three games of the second season to make that judgment? Does that work out in your favor or something?

You have no evidence at all for your claim. They had no way of predicting that play.

Wasn't it you that claimed, in this thread no less, that the play is our "The stretch left is their most dependable play for positive yardage."? Gee I wonder why a team might be waiting for that play? Its almost like they've watched in on video the week before and prepared for it.

This must be video-gate all over again....what was that....oh they are allowed to watch our film....oh.

No evidence? We didn't gain a yard. The LBers slid left down the LOS as soon as they saw the play developing. Actually, I think the player that made the final tackle came all the way from the other side of the field.

There was no concern about a naked boot. Or a PA Pass, or a toss right. They smelled it, and based on their film study, reacted.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 99% certain that Zorn has run left every 4th and short play this year.

"No evidence." Now that's rich, OF.

Why would we cherry-pick just the first three games of the second season to make that judgment? Does that work out in your favor or something?

I don't know, I figured you would have pulled the stats.

Well, maybe Zorn should use a little deductive reasoning and tailor his calls to the players and their strengths, and if the talent he has isn't good enough, then maybe he shouldn't be going for it on 4th down!!

The playcalling should be based on the relative strengths-weaknesses of his players v. the Detroit Lions... done without a crystal ball.

WELL, guess what pal, that's the way it works, and that's why you have GOOD COACHES, and BAD COACHES, as the plays they call and the results from them, shape our view of each respective Coach......What in the hell else do we have to go on???????????????

A bad call should be a bad call whether it works or not. If you can't offer sound criticism regardless of the outcome, then just keep quiet.

No evidence? We didn't gain a yard. The LBers slid left down the LOS as soon as they saw the play developing. Actually, I think the player that made the final tackle came all the way from the other side of the field.

There was no concern about a naked boot. Or a PA Pass, or a toss right. They smelled it, and based on their film study, reacted.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 99% certain that Zorn has run left every 4th and short play this year.

"No evidence." Now that's rich, OF.

That's all baloney based on hindsight. If the play had worked, people would have been singing Zorn's praises for the call.

That's all baloney based on hindsight. If the play had worked, people would have been singing Zorn's praises for the call.

Poll:

Raise your hand if you were watching the game yesterday and you KNEW that Zorn was going to run left.

[raises hand]

Anyone else? Will be interesting to see the results of this informal poll... seeing as how I've done 0 minutes of film study, while the Lions' team and staff probably put in 30+ hours in prep for the game.

Poll:

Raise your hand if you were watching the game yesterday and you KNEW that Zorn was going to run left.

[raises hand]

Anyone else? Will be interesting to see the results of this informal poll... seeing as how I've done 0 minutes of film study, while the Lions' team and staff probably put in 30+ hours in prep for the game.

It's become so predictable on 3rd or 4th and short to beg anything else, because anything else would work.

JC could have taken the snap, ran right, and we'd watch him score with all 11 Lions going the other way. That call has already been defended by Zorn in each of the 2 previous games. Yet, he does it again. In the first quarter, before we had worn their defense down at all.

It's not even pathetic anymore.

It's like watching Frerotte head-butt the wall play, and then he does it again in the next game. Except at least Frerotte scored. We don't.

Poll:

[raises hand]

Your "poll" is just another cheap shot.

Ouch.

Let me add, that the brilliance of Gibbs was that when something wasn't working, he changed things up.

It happened after his 0-5 start in Gibbs I...and it happened when he went after Al Saunders and told him to get back to 'Redskins football' (i.e. smash mouth running-game) after big Al got stubborn about about using his playbook.

This coaching staff is either blind or stubborn with pride...something Gibbs could never be accused of.

I love Gibbs, but... Do you not remember those runs by BETTS (of all people) at the goal line against the Giants? That was basically the same thing, except he did the same play 2 times in a row.

Gibbs 2 wasn't the mad genious game plan changer he was during his first stint here.

I think it's telling that I was sitting on my couch yesterday saying "here comes the run left!"

And then they run left.

And the Lions stuff it.

And you're here the next day saying there is no evidence that the Lions knew what was coming. Meanwhile, everyone is laughing at you. No offense of course.

His point is you don't need your crystal ball to tell the 'Skins were going to run wide to the left. You don't need your crystal ball to show that it hasn't worked a single time this year.

Zorn can take your crystal ball and shove it up his ass.

I love Gibbs, but... Do you not remember those runs by BETTS (of all people) at the goal line against the Giants? That was basically the same thing, except he did the same play 2 times in a row.

Gibbs 2 wasn't the mad genious game plan changer he was during his first stint here.

Gibbs II got us into the playoffs two of the four years he was here.

That's pretty successful in my book...and, he was willing to shake things up when they didn't work.

I don't see any of that now. I see entrenchment. I foresee failure.

The playcalling should be based on the relative strengths-weaknesses of his players v. the Detroit Lions... done without a crystal ball.

A bad call should be a bad call whether it works or not. If you can't offer sound criticism regardless of the outcome, then just keep quiet.

The only thing worse than Zorns play calling, is your feeble attempts to stand up for him!!

Now that i think about it, maybe you are right, and the other 100,000 plus people(including previous coaches, previous players, fans, and pretty much anyone with a functioning brain) all think that Zorns play calling is very predictable, and unimaginative. But apparently, you see something that no one else does, and your best comeback is saying that "a bad call should be a bad call, whether it works or not, and if you can't offer sound criticism regardless of the outcome, then just keep quiet".....LOL!! How old are you...I mean, it's like arguing with my 4 year old nephew....LOL. You spout your drivel and most of it makes no sense, yet act like it's the word of God. You give no credence to anyone else's points, and act like your view is the only correct one.....you're like a horse with blinders on.....free yo'self man, remove the blinders, and see the light!!!! There's a world of information out there for you to enlighten yourself with! Get out of the house for a minute, come out from under that rock that you've been hiding under....get some smelling salt, and wake up!

The only good thing about your posts, is that they make me laugh...because i'm sitting here thinking that there's no way anyone could really believe everything that you are stating....could they?!?! If so, thats even funnier!!

Dan Snyder loves people like you!! LOL

Archived