Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: Weeding out the suckers – Pitchforks and torches

JimmiJo

A bad call should be a bad call whether it works or not. If you can't offer sound criticism regardless of the outcome, then just keep quiet.

Perhaps, however, a good play caller will change his tendency in the same situation.

That's all baloney based on hindsight. If the play had worked, people would have been singing Zorn's praises for the call.

Well DUH! Of course if that resulted in a TD, we all would be happier. I don't know about singing praises, but it would definitely be better than the pain of seeing our OL and Running Game run into the same wall they have the past three games. Hell even a few games last year.

Poll:

Raise your hand if you were watching the game yesterday and you KNEW that Zorn was going to run left.

[raises hand]

Anyone else? Will be interesting to see the results of this informal poll... seeing as how I've done 0 minutes of film study, while the Lions' team and staff probably put in 30+ hours in prep for the game.

[raises hand]

Hell I was on the road during the first half, listening on Sirius and I KNEW they would run to the left. I said to my wife "Please don't run to the left again".

Shortly after I was cussing under my breath, since the lil ones were in the back seat.

I would really like to see his play book. I wonder if you flip to 4th and short, the options would include three plays? Stretch Left, Left Stretch, and THE Left Stretch.

Nope. After the raft of crap he got for it last week, I figured that would be the last thing he'd do. He has balls, though. I like that.

So now by your own admission "the stretch left is their most dependable play for positive yardage" and you didn't think that Zorn was going to run the single most dependable play for positive yardage...so I guess you believe that Zorn wasn't smart enough to call the "most dependable play for positive yardage" on a crucial play.

I think it's telling that I was sitting on my couch yesterday saying "here comes the run left!".

So, it never occured to you that Zorn would run the stretch left BECAUSE he got second-guessed last week when it didn't work?

Poor analysis. You just happened to be right despite the lack of depth.

Same thing happened last year when Randy went down. Zorn lost all confidence in running to the right side and every team in the league knew it.

I mean who knew we were one right guard from becoming COMPLETELY predictable on offense.

You know one would think that last year experience would have gotten them to make sure it didn't happen this year....

So, it never occured to you that Zorn would run the stretch left BECAUSE he got second-guessed last week when it didn't work?

Just like Bart Simpson in the Rock Paper Scissor game.

Lisa "Old predictable Bart, Always goes with Rock"

Bart thinking to himself "Good old reliable Rock".

We all know the outcome.

I see you're adept at pretending that you know what you're talking about. Welcome to ES. You're fit right in.:D

LOL....there you go again....you're killing me man, you are too funny....i mean, how ironic is it that you say something like that about someone else, considering that you are exactly like that too!! You might be the funniest poster on here!

Keep it going man...reading your posts and silly logic is the best relief i had yet after a Redskins loss!!

I can't wait to see what you have to say next....how many more illogical posts can you produce?!?! :laugh:

Gibbs II got us into the playoffs two of the four years he was here.

That's pretty successful in my book...and, he was willing to shake things up when they didn't work.

I don't see any of that now. I see entrenchment. I foresee failure.

I am not defending Zorn at all, but I am just stating that Gibbs was a little more predictable/stubborn his second time around than his first engagement.

Yes he got us into the playoffs twice. Once was mainly (IMO) due to Collins and his familiarity with Saunders playbook.

That's pretty much a cheap shot, OF.

When the coach defended those runs last week, and said there was nothing wrong with the play calling...just the execution, one could only interpret that as being, "If I get a chance to do it again, I'm going to do it again."

There was no mystery about why that call came when it did.

And, the Lions defended it because they knew it was coming, too.

You need to find another aspect of Zorn's play calling you can defend, because this one is defenseless.

I am not defending Zorn at all, but I am just stating that Gibbs was a little more predictable/stubborn his second time around than his first engagement.

Yes he got us into the playoffs twice. Once was mainly (IMO) due to Collins and his familiarity with Saunders playbook.

We can discuss Gibbs II in another thread. :cheers:

I would really like to see his play book. I wonder if you flip to 4th and short, the options would include three plays? Stretch Left, Left Stretch, and THE Left Stretch.

Jim Zorn's playbook.

Tecmo_Super_Bowl_NES_ScreenShot3.gif

Except on 3rd-4th down and 1, 7 of those plays are not an option and the defense will automatically defend against the one play he can call.

I hope you will get more creative with your insults in time. This one is over used and boring.

My apologies. As you know I am not adept at knowing what I am talking about. I must have missed the trend of this retort to your "witty" banter.

Hmmmm, maybe your "witty" banter, is much like Zorn's play calling. Very predictable.

... But apparently, you see something that no one else does, and your best comeback is saying that "a bad call should be a bad call, whether it works or not...

My "best comeback" is a logical deduction since the play caller doesn't have a crystal ball he has to make a judgment based on the most likely outcome. Therefore, to argue that it was a bad call, you have to make your case that it was a bad call even if it had turned out well.

My "best comeback" is a logical deduction since the play caller doesn't have a crystal ball he has to make a judgment based on the most likely outcome. Therefore, to argue that it was a bad call, you have to make your case that it was a bad call even if it had turned out well.

Unfortunately, the defenses appear to have a Crystal Ball.

When the coach defended those runs last week, and said there was nothing wrong with the play calling...just the execution, one could only interpret that as being, "If I get a chance to do it again, I'm going to do it again."

That's the ONLY interpretation? Nonsense.

If the play had scored a TD, no one would be here saying it was a bad call. You know it and I know it.

But, you just said that you didn't know and there was no way to predict that he was going to call that play?

So which is it?

Archived