Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who gets the most carries?

darrelgreenie

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Its been reported that Portis is questionable for the Lion's game and didn't practice today.

Assuming we have 30 carries answer these 2 Questions:

How do you think the Coaches will split carries?

How would you divide the carries?

17793.jpg= 5

Last year Zorn would've have given Portis the carries anyway.

But, this is a new year and a new mindset (i hope).

Clinton doesn't play or only gets a handful of carries.

I would sit Portis, we're gonna need him get healthy.

Portis=0 carries

17305.jpg=15

Betts should get the bulk bet he's also the 3rd down back.

I would give another back carries to keep Betts fresh for 3rd down.

I would give Betts= 10 carries.

17492.jpg=5

Imo the fan favorite's running style isn't very much different then Betts or even Rock.

I just don't see where his carries would come from unless Alridge doesn't get carries.

But, it doesn't make sense to sign Alridge then not play him especially with extra carries floating around.

I would have Mason=Inactive

17380.jpg=0

They never give Rock carries anymore and as much as i want them to i don't see them starting now.

I would give Rock=15 carries

38612.jpg=5

How can they sign the dude then not play him?

I would give him 5 carries 5 very SAFE carries b/c his ball security scares me.

I would break down 30 carrie like this:

Portis=0

Betts=10

Mason=0 (Inactive)

Cartwright=15

Alridge=5

This is how i think Zorn will do it:

Portis=5

Betts=15

Mason=5

Cartwright=0

Alridge=5

Thoughts?

(Should have out a poll)

Zorn has said he expects Portis to play this week. If Portis dresses I don't believe Mason will as Zorn has also already stated (pre-injury report) that Mason will be inactive while Alridge will be.

CP will get the bulk of the snaps maybe 70%. I expect the other 30 to spit 20/10 Betts to Alridge respectively. Alridge will likely be involved in more passing situations where we attempt to get him the ball in space rather than traditional handoffs.

It's possible that we will see some Anthony Alridge. Believe or not, the Lions' starting DTs have some size and girth in Grady Jackson and rookie Sammie Hill. They also have Larry Foote at MLB. Last week they did a very good job on the inside but failed to contain Adrian Peterson on the cutbacks to the outside.

rock is a bad RB IMO. id rather see mason and betts split the carries, with aldridge getting some change of pace type plays.

it also depends on our game plan. if were gonna be addicted to the stretches, mason needs to get more carries due to his speed. if were up the middle all day, give to betts and let him fall forward which is what he does best.

i think portis will play though, this is all stirred up by his ankles. hes always got small injuries and always plays. but i really do wanna see aldridge involved. thats if he can hang on to the rock.

If CP can't go.

Marcus Mason would be given first chance to carry the load.

I'd keep Betts as the third down guy.

If Mason is ineffective due to him not seeing or hitting holes (not poor blocking by the Oline), then I'd go with Betts. Cartwright comes in if and only if Betts graces us with one of his patented fumbles.

If Portis truly doesn't go, I'd like to see Betts get almost all the carries. He is by far our best option.

I can't say I agree, but then again we don't know what Mason and Alridge have.

We really need to be in the market for a backup RB next offseason. Betts had some nice moments here, but he hasn't been "one of the best backup RBs in the league" for about 3 years now, even though he's been touted as such.

To answer the OPs question, I think it will be split pretty evenly between Betts and Mason, with Mason making more of the opportunity. I think Alridge might have a catch or two but I don't see him with more than a carry or two.

i think portis will play though, this is all stirred up by his ankles. hes always got small injuries and always plays. but i really do wanna see aldridge involved. thats if he can hang on to the rock.

I don't want Portis to play.

Playing Portis is what we would have done last year.

If Portis is banged up playing him won't help anything.

This game is gonna show me if our philosophy about keeping Portis fresh and getting Betts involved in the passing game is true.

rock is a bad RB IMO. id rather see mason and betts split the carries, with aldridge getting some change of pace type plays............

I want to see Alridge he's the only back with speed.

Why do you think Cartwright is a bad RB?

I don't want Portis to play.

Playing Portis is what we would have done last year.

If Portis is banged up playing him won't help anything.

This game is gonna show me if our philosophy about keeping Portis fresh and getting Betts involved in the passing game is true.

portis was banged up last year a lot and he was still playing? IMO this seems to be a little bit blown out of proportion. maybe im wrong, but even a portis with some ankle issues is better than all those other three guys, especially against a bad defense thats missing their best linebacker (and to my knowledge, simms is still out i think).

I want to see Alridge he's the only back with speed.

Why do you think Cartwright is a bad RB?

im with you on alridge but i think hes too small to carry the load himself, however i do wanna see him get his shot.

cartwright has just never done much with the carries hes gotten. i think he has one game in his career where he did well and it was in junktime at the end of a season. hes slow and i dont think hes very good at hitting the hole. plus ive never heard of him being a pass option, and i know next to nothing about his blocking skills (which means if he was good, id have heard something by now).

what do you like about him?

cartwright has just never done much with the carries hes gotten. i think he has one game in his career where he did well and it was in junktime at the end of a season.

If that "one game" you're referring to is the Rams game in 2005, that was hardly "junk time at the end of the season"...that was the first of our 5 wins in a row that propelled the team into the playoffs. 9 carries for 118 yards...

I don't like Betts as an option. To me he's the type you plug in once things get rollin' vice asking him to establish something. He's good when rollin', but when was the last time he produced consistently throughout the game? I realize Portis gets the bulk of the carries.....

Give me Mason, the new kid, and mix Rock in a bit........

If that "one game" you're referring to is the Rams game in 2005, that was hardly "junk time at the end of the season"...that was the first of our 5 wins in a row that propelled the team into the playoffs.

actually thats my mistake, i was thinking of betts 100+ yard game against the vikings in gibbs first year in week 17.

i forgot about rocks game against the rams, but remember portis put up 136 in that same game. and rock had one big 50+ yard run.

still, rock shouldnt start, and rock wont start.

actually thats my mistake, i was thinking of betts 100+ yard game against the vikings in gibbs first year in week 17.

i forgot about rocks game against the rams, but remember portis put up 136 in that same game. and rock had one big 50+ yard run.

still, rock shouldnt start, and rock wont start.

Oh, HELL, no, Rock shouldn't start lol...I'd much rather see Mason get more carries than Rock. And I'm damn curious as to what Alridge can provide. Rock is the career #3 back in a 1-back offense.

Archived