Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins Insider; Just how much freedom does Campbell have?

WhoRUSupposed2Be

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Just How Much Freedom Does Campbell Have?

Each time I pick up my BlackBerry these days, it seems I have new email from Redskins fans frustrated about how Coach Jim Zorn is handling, well, everything.

Many of you are confused/angry about Zorn's apparent lack of trust in quarterback Jason Campbell. Zorn's red zone play-calling during the 9-7 victory over the St. Louis Rams in the FedEx Field home opener further stirred speculation about whether he is holding back Campbell in key situations.

On a third-and-5 play midway through the third quarter, Zorn called for a halfback-option pass from running back Clinton Portis to tight end Chris Cooley. The Rams were not fooled. Cooley was well covered, the pass fell incomplete and the Redskins settled for another short Shaun Suisham field goal (he kicked three).

[/Quote]

This article was also included with a poll.

Zorn's playcalling is atrocious. But when Campbell has gotten the shot in the past, he rarely takes advantage of it. The Sellers pass should have been a touchdown; the Devin Thomas pass should not have been. It was too hard of a pass for anyone to catch. One potential touchdown is awful against the Rams.

But...but...but...

Hatin' on JC is acceptable regardless of who is to blame, right?

:rolleyes:

It is JC's fault.

Just kidding. Somebody had to do it. :D I totally blame Zorn for the Red Zone shenanigans this year so far.

So you didn't see on the NFL channel where they broke down three redzone pass plays against the rams?

Two plays broke down do to sloppy rout running that didn't shake anyone. The third was a nice pick play where the receivers started in a bunch and crossed all over the defenders leaving Randell El wide open in the end zone. Jason never saw him and threw to the covered receiver who could not make the catch. That was an easy TD that was ALL on Jason Campbell.

For the record. I think everyone from the receivers to Jason to Zorn take equal blame.

What does that even mean?
If you havent heard already. Sonny told Zorn after the game that if he was told to run that half back pass he would have changed the play because he is the Qb and wants the ball in his hands. Zorn said he would have benched Sonny.

I think he was tying to say in his post that if JC called a time out Zorn would have benched him which Zorn never said anything about that. He just said if Campbell would have audibled he would have benched him.

Zorn's playcalling is atrocious. But when Campbell has gotten the shot in the past, he rarely takes advantage of it. The Sellers pass should have been a touchdown; the Devin Thomas pass should not have been. It was too hard of a pass for anyone to catch. One potential touchdown is awful against the Rams.

Thomas touched the ball. No excuses. The pass was supposed to go to ARE, but he ran a lazy route. Campbell had to hurry and get rid of it.

The halfback option, Portis didn't sell the run. So, it didn't fool the Rams. Its the little things. Zorn gets the blame but.........players need to execute better.

What does that even mean?

When Sonny asked zorn what would have happened if Campbell either called time out or audibled to something else on that thirst down..Zorn responded "i would have benched him ,whats wrong with my play??even if you were in that position sonny and called timeout ,I would have benched you"

From what I've read, Zorn doesn't allow Jason to make any changes to his calls in the Red Zone. So if the call was to get the ball to Devin, then an open Antwan would be ignored and Jason would throw the ball to Devin regardless.

That's just nuts. Throw to the open receiver, Touchdown!

ARE ran a lazy route. Film doesn't lie. I don't like the Redzone plays, but the players aren't executing either.

If you havent heard already. Sonny told Zorn after the game that if he was told to run that half back pass he would have changed the play because he is the Qb and wants the ball in his hands. Zorn said he would have benched Sonny.

I think he was tying to say in his post that if JC called a time out Zorn would have benched him which Zorn never said anything about that. He just said if Campbell would have audibled he would have benched him.

He said timeout or audible..not just audible..

Archived