Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Virginia Tech Hokies - Miami Hurricanes Info

Skins-Canes-Mounties

So Fla is a quality opponent. They were a preseason favorite for the Big East and have had some big wins over the last few years. Miami's series with So Fla continues for the next several years. With Grothe being hurt now, the game isn't as big, but still a quality opponent. Not nearly the caliber of an OU or an elite program, but solid. We also battle them for recruits. It is important to put a pounding on this up and coming program.
Yeah, I know USF is on the up right now, I just think it's a little random that they get FSU and Miami in the same year. I'm sure there's an explanation behind the scenes between the athletic departments, I've just never heard it.

Miami and FSU aren't exactly competing against USF for recruits- the Bulls still can't touch the talent the Hurricanes and Seminoles are bringing in, especially now that both Miami and FSU are climbing back up again as well.

I feel bad for Blacksburg if the Canes fans are anything at all like the ones that come up to Tallahassee for that game.

Nothing worse than the joker guido Hurricanes fans who never attended Miami, let alone know anybody else who does, that crawl out of South Florida and start fights with everyone in their way. Worst group of "fans" in the ACC, hands down.

There are usually about 10 Canes fans that make the trip to Lane Stadium

Its when you head down to the U, in particular the old OB, where you ran into trouble

Have fun this weekend Skins-Canes-Mounties. Nothing like gameday in Blacksburg. From the "buzz" I am hearing this week, Lane is going to be jacked up 30 minutes before kickoff

I'll be down there representing in the North Endzone.

To answer your questions to the best of my ability

1) Yes you are within walking distance

2) You will be fine wearing the jersey

3) No alcohol in the stadium. Pack a flask

4) I prefer Sharkeys or Top of the Stairs (tots). Hokie House is cool too.

5) You answered yourself

Bars close at 2 am.

Have fun and GO HOKIES!!

Yep, I REALLY wish VT was still mired in the sludge that is the Big East. I REALLY wish we played Syracuse, UConn, and Louisville every year. I REALLY wish we didn't play big games like Bama, Nebraska, and Miami.

:thumbsup:

nice deflection. i don't think you wish you were still in the big east. i just think you have a very real obsession with wvu. you bring us up all the time.

Yep, I REALLY wish VT was still mired in the sludge that is the Big East. I REALLY wish we played Syracuse, UConn, and Louisville every year. I REALLY wish we didn't play big games like Bama, Nebraska, and Miami.

:thumbsup:

Alabama and Nebraska are out-of-conference opponents. What does playing them have to do with your conference affiliation?

Archived