Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaRon Landry was the best Cover Safety Last Year

21cents

Focusing on Landry missing one frickin tackle during a game because it's the popular thing to do is pretty dumb. Like I said before, and I'll say it again:

HOW CAN YOU PENALIZE LARON LANDRY FOR NOT GETTING INTS WHEN NO ONE...I REPEAT...NO ONE ON THE WHOLE DAMN TEAM GETS ANY?!

Laron Landry has been good as our last line of defense. Can he be great or even unbelievable? For sure. But don't focus your energy on someone who is only doing what the rest of the defense allows him to. Everyone loves London Fletcher and rightfully so, but even HE has had a bad play or 2...or 3. Don't get ready to up and trade the dude just because he missed Steven Jackson on one damn play.

What's the source for your stats, 21cents? yahoo sports stats say:

Ed Reed:

2007 39 Tackles, 7 INT's, 13 PD

2008 41 Tackles, 9 INT's, 16 PD (3 Def TD's)

LaRon Landry:

2007 95 Tackles, 0 INT's, 7 PD

2008 65 Tackles, 2 INT's, 11 PD

The stats say LaRon's a tackler, but not much of a coverage guy.

I'd love to see penalty stats, LaRon seems like he gets a lot.

What's the source for your stats, 21cents? yahoo sports stats say:

Ed Reed:

2007 39 Tackles, 7 INT's, 13 PD

2008 41 Tackles, 9 INT's, 16 PD (3 Def TD's)

LaRon Landry:

2007 95 Tackles, 0 INT's, 7 PD

2008 65 Tackles, 2 INT's, 11 PD

The stats say LaRon's a tackler, but not much of a coverage guy.

I'd love to see penalty stats, LaRon seems like he gets a lot.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_player.php?tab=by_player&season=2008&surn=Landry&playerid=3622&group=7 landry

Reed http://profootballfocus.com/by_player.php?tab=by_player&season=2008&surn=reed&playerid=1031&group=7

Laron didnt allow a td last season where reed allowed 3. Altough reed made u for it with his ints

My gripes with Landry are that he needs to tackle instead of gunning for the big hit and to keep his emotion in check. We can't afford continual mental lapses leading to a 15 yard penalty. I think he's solid, but with some fine tuning he could become great.

If you care to sift through my post history you'd be sure to find me saying this same exact thing about ST before his final season. And he seemed to have gotten past it. Im hopeful of the same for Landry.

Maybe thats why I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt. Landry is always hungry/aggressive, which we all should love. He'll get that in check as he matures, as did ST.

Iam really starting to believe redskins fans lack football intelligence. I notice how our fans pimp other players performances and downplay our players.

Its really sad how you guys think landry is a average safety when in depth he has been nothing but amazing. If you want a shutdown safety who takes away half the field its landry. If you want someone who gets turnovers but gives up plays then go trade landry for someone else.

I also found it very funny how some of you guys expressed micheal griffin was better then landry. I hope someday you guys realize theirs more to football then just interceptions and flashy plays.

2008 stats

Laron Landry the most underrated player on redskins by the skin fans. Am starting to think Robert Henson was right about skin fans being 'dim wits'. HTTR!!!

Since you're putting up stats put up the number of penaltys he's caused us the last two seasons. I believe he is a good player dont get me wrong. He just needs to stop trying to kill every player that comes across him. If you gonna go for the BIG HIT then hit somebody lol.

ST was the same way in the beginning. he'd blow people up instead of wrapping them up and he'd constantly get flagged for absolutely demolishing players. I think Landry will calm down and settle down soon

I hope so because even though he missed the Steven Jackson long run the last game he still had enough speed to run him down.

ST was the same way in the beginning. he'd blow people up instead of wrapping them up and he'd constantly get flagged for absolutely demolishing players. I think Landry will calm down and settle down soon

I didn't get that out of bounds call anyway when he hit Jacobs. He was out of bounds but 1 step earlier he was streaking down the sidelines with Landry coming at him at full speed. Landry can't stop in 1 step. Jacobs ran out of bounds.

Archived