Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaRon Landry was the best Cover Safety Last Year

21cents

I REALLY dont understand this "Landry can't tackle" bs. Name one time he missed a tackle and cost us points last week. In fact, I distinctly remember him wrapping up Jacobs and a few others in instances where, if a tackle wasn't made, a huge gain would've been the result. I honestly don't understand the Landry hate at all. Who on this defense DOES make big plays? How can you call out Landry for not averaging 2 picks a game if our ENTIRE DEFENSE is known for not getting any turnovers.

I don't get you guys sometimes.

Until LL starts applying himself FULLY to his craft, and becomes a professional in every sense of the word, he'll never match up to the true greats of his position.

For a man that has all the God given talent going, he sure does know how to squander it. Look at one of his own teammates for example, London Fletcher. If LaRon had Fletchers attitude, dedication, and work ethic, allied to his physical gifts, he could go on to be the very best there's ever been. Sadly, for now, he's just known as a quality starter, prone to boneheaded game day mistakes, and one who's dedication to his sport and teammates leaves a lot to be desired.

Until he matures and finds that drive that all the true greats have to fully dedicate himself to his career, he'll always be looking back at how he waisted his unlimited potential.

Very good, but not one of the "greats."

Hail.

He's always trying to go for the kill blow he was running so fast at Jackson and Jackson just went the other way and Landry flew past him Dammit!!

I just replayed that run by Jackson. Unbelievable. Landry was so out of out of control and out of position. Jackson didn't even have to put a move on him...

I'm starting to get very concerned with our secondary. Landry and D Hall have looked like crap.

I just replayed that run by Jackson. Unbelievable. Landry was so out of out of control and out of position. Jackson didn't even have to put a move on him...

I'm starting to get very concerned with our secondary. Landry and D Hall have looked like crap.

I agree 100%.

It's like having 9 players on defense with those two guys sometimes. Especially Landry. He just flies in the opposite direction of where the ballcarrier is going.

This guy has looked really bad this season. Sure, its just two games but he is a liability. On the long run he is the only guy who isn't blocked and must make the play (or at least slow Jackson down!) but he didn't even come within three yards of making a play. Now that is truly pathetic for a guy with his speed.

Seriously, look at his box score today, he had one assisted tackle when Fletcher got there first anyway and he just cleaned up. He wasn't near a ball or a play all day. Now look at Horton and Doughty who just beasted out there!

Finally, I couldn't really tell because I was at the bar but it seemed like he got benched on the 4th and 10 play because Horton broke up the pass and Doughty came running across the field to congratulate him. Seriously Landry, time to pull your thumb out and earn your place on this team because the last two weeks have been garbage.

Iam really starting to believe redskins fans lack football intelligence. I notice how our fans pimp other players performances and downplay our players.

Its really sad how you guys think landry is a average safety when in depth he has been nothing but amazing. If you want a shutdown safety who takes away half the field its landry. If you want someone who gets turnovers but gives up plays then go trade landry for someone else.

I also found it very funny how some of you guys expressed micheal griffin was better then landry. I hope someday you guys realize theirs more to football then just interceptions and flashy plays.

2008 stats

Griffin

Thrown at-45

Allowed-26 catches

Yards allowed- 364 yards

TDs allowed-2

Ints-7

Pass defensed-3

Landry

Thrown at-24

Allowed-9 catches

Yards allowed- 159 yards

TD's allowed- 0

Ints-2

Pass defensed-6

Laron Landry the most underrated player on redskins by the skin fans. Am starting to think Robert Henson was right about skin fans being 'dim wits'. HTTR!!!

Does anyone realize how amazing Landry was IN GREG WILLIAMS defense???? AT STRONG SAFETY.....and dont tell me it was a product of taylors amazingness yess taylor was great but we did not have Taylor for like 8 games that year...clearly landry isnt around the ball because of the defensive scheme not because hes not good (which i think hes great at what hes asked to do). When you do play that far off the ball at the snap off the ball your vision to go and tackle a running back thats breaking pass the linebackers is distorted think about you have to run full speed the RB sees you from a mile away he makes one move how can you possibly adjust your body fast enough to make the tackle...its not as easy as it looks I played FS in hs of course it means nothing compared to the nfl game but i know tackling someone head on at full speed especially a running back was hard to do taking the right angles from 20 yards off the ball is difficult.....thats my take I just hope the Landry bashers quit bashing him after he makes the pro bowl this season he was a pro bowl alternate his rookie year so hes definately got the talent to be successful in this league i just feel that what hes being asked to do is not utilizing his talent to its full potential.

Yeah... 2 games to base careers.. This Landry has done what exactly? Tipped a pass???

Oh, he has gotten penalties, missed tackles and blown coverage. Got it.

Yes because you have seen every ravens game. Ed Reeds weakness is tackling.

In 2008 reed had 13 miss tackles.

Laron Landry 8

You know theirs more to football then just watching espn highlights then basing your opinion on that. Landry was a better cover safety then ed reed last year. Reed overall is the better safety because he has been doing it for years. But take into account our passrush and dline and landry did a fine job. Your one of those guys who **** about ed reed if he was traded here and doesnt get 8 ints because the lack of passrush. Please learn about the game of football before talking thanks.

Yes because you have seen every ravens game. Ed Reeds weakness is tackling.

In 2008 reed had 13 miss tackles.

Laron Landry 8

You know theirs more to football then just watching espn highlights then basing your opinion on that. Landry was a better cover safety then ed reed last year. Reed overall is the better safety because he has been doing it for years. But take into account our passrush and dline and landry did a fine job. Your one of those guys who **** about ed reed if he was traded here and doesnt get 8 ints because the lack of passrush. Please learn about the game of football before talking thanks.

Landry is a dud, undisciplined and without the support of great players he will be just another safety.

Fans like you, who want to argue ignorantly over their teams players are what causes the lunacy of this site.

Shut up, you and probably a handful of others ON THIS SITE might agree with you. Outside of that, you're babbling and drooling on a short bus window.

This along with the posters acting like it's the other 10 players on offense or the coaching, scheme, system, weather, detergent, stock market etc... are to blame for JC not being the 2nd coming of Christ is simply RETARDED.

Landry is a dud, undisciplined and without the support of great players he will be just another safety.

Fans like you, who want to argue ignorantly over their teams players are what causes the lunacy of this site.

Shut up, you and probably a handful of others ON THIS SITE might agree with you. Outside of that, you're babbling and drooling on a short bus window.

This along with the posters acting like it's the other 10 players on offense or the coaching, scheme, system, weather, detergent, stock market etc... are to blame for JC not being the 2nd coming of Christ is simply RETARDED.

Yes because iam the one arguing without any statistical proof and facts. Why dont you come talk to me when you have a arguement. You sound like a 15 year old highschool freshman. "Laron Landry sucks because he misses tackles and hes a dud", lolz are you serious? Argue with facts and stats not your emotions and opinions.

Yes because iam the one arguing without any statistical proof and facts. Why dont you come talk to me when you have a arguement. You sound like a 15 year old highschool freshman. "Laron Landry sucks because he misses tackles and hes a dud", lolz are you serious? Argue with facts and stats not your emotions and opinions.

okay "lolz" find some stats to show why "" is better than "".. Just like the rest of the dellusional crew..

research some more of that "wildcard" offense for us while you're at it.

Archived