Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone know any Redskins bars in NYC?

purbeast

My wife and I are going up to NYC this weekend for our 1 year anniversary. Our actual anniversary is on Sunday (the 20th).

If there is beer and food involved, she enjoys going and watching Skins ames at bars.

We're staying pretty close to Times Square.

Does anyone know of any bars up in that area that are Redskins bars?

FWIW, on our honeymoon last year in Maui we watched the 4pm game at a bar over there at 10am, breakfast and beer! Best part was it was when the skins whooped the cowgirls, and there were quite a few cowgirls fans there too!

anyone been to ESPN Zone before?

i've never been there before in any location, and just wondering how one would rate that place. there is one in NY w/in walking distance of where we are staying.

just looking for general opinions on it.

I have. Pretty much the same atmospere you get at TGI Friday's and Applebees. The food was good and servic was good IMO. I didn't go up stairs where they tape ESPN's Sports Reporters though.

I must say, there are a ton of these exact same threads on here already just this season.

Redsky is the place to go, diehard skins bar.

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=296753

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=294551

thanks for those links.

sounds like redsky is the place to be. gonna have to talk w/my wife to see if she is down with going to a place like that. i know she is not big on standing though hah.

Red Sky is great in terms of being surrounded by Skins fans, but terrible in terms of comfort. Insanely crowded (and very few seats/tables) which is awesome the first few times, but if you're not in the mood for that, you can also try Van Diemen's which is just a couple blocks away at 27th and 3rd:

http://www.vandiemensnyc.com/

I started going there last year, but I won't be there this week, as I'll be in San Diego. Haven't been yet this year, but there should be plenty of Skins fans if you bail on Red Sky.

EDIT:

gonna have to talk w/my wife to see if she is down with going to a place like that. i know she is not big on standing though hah.

Haha, well get ready to walk to Van Diemen's by the end of the first quarter ;p

From Times Square, you can take the R/W train downtown to 28th st (just two stops) and walk a couple blocks to Red Sky. When your wife vetoes the impenetrable wall of Skins fans, you can walk two more blocks to Van Diemen's.

thanks for those links.

sounds like redsky is the place to be. gonna have to talk w/my wife to see if she is down with going to a place like that. i know she is not big on standing though hah.

There is usually a table up on the 2nd floor that is right in front of the TV, you'd be straight getting that for the whole game, but it goes quick.

has anyone watched a game at the 40/40 club? seems like it would be overpriced but I think it's a little closer to my hotel.

Dude... there's a REDSKINS bar in NYC and you want to go somewhere else?

I go to Redsky every week, I can't even begin to tell you how great it is (admittedly not if you're looking to sit down the whole game...) If you don't want to be surrounded by hundreds of other Redskin fans having a great time, then by all means go to Van Whatever, but if you want to have fun and yell at the TV and sing HTTR with a bunch of other diehards, then I'll see you there...

I don't understand why there would be a Redskin bar in NY...unless they have a bar for all 32 NFL teams.

The Redskins are not a national team like the Steelers/Cowboys/Packers/Bears or a popular team outside their market like the Eagles and Pats.

Also NY is a major passionate northeast city....not a soft, transient market...like DC.

I don't understand why there would be a Redskin bar in NY...unless they have a bar for all 32 NFL teams.

The Redskins are not a national team like the Steelers/Cowboys/Packers/Bears or a popular team outside their market like the Eagles and Pats.

Also NY is a major passionate northeast city....not a soft, transient market...like DC.

I hope you're joking. If not you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Anyway, I went to RedSky for the first time this Sunday, it was a lot of fun. A ton of Redskins fans, everyone was friendly. Beers were pretty cheap (Bud, Bud Light, Coors $3/bottle or $10/pitcher), plus $.25 wings. It was a cool place overall, it is packed, but like someone else said, if you want to sit in peace and quiet for the entire game don't go there. I didn't go upstairs though, but I figure it to be much less cramped.

You have never been to NY, have you. There are 10,000,000 people there and all a bar needs is 300. There are bars for individual english soccer clubs.

Archived