Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VS Gints last year to this year?

herb mul-key

what will be different? Last year game 1 was just to big for us...game 1 of the NFL season and Zorns first game...we got beat by Plaxico vs Smoot and Jacobs running over us and our O could not do anything...

game 2 was embarrassing in my view we were just thoroughly outocached...we got schooled by great playcalling by the Gints...they whooped us....and it sucked

So why do we have a chance this weekend? Why does anyone think Blache can handle Gilbride, Manning and company and that Zorn can work over that excellent D-line and score some points....

I hope our coaches learned and that are players are ready to step up and be better...its the only way we can win.

Reasons we have a chance:

- Our run defense seemingly has improved quite a bit with Haynesworth and the return of Daniels...should hopefully help keep Jacobs more in check this time.

- We seem to have improved our ability to pressure the QB as well, again with Haynesworth and also Orakpo...the DLine looked like it was collapsing the pocket better during preseason than they were last season. And Eli does NOT do well when pressured.

- Those first two things should theoretically help our DBs, and they'll be covering a bunch of young, relatively unproven receivers.

- We have a better receiving unit this time...at least it appears we do. Kelly would look to be an upgrade over Thrash, and Thomas of 2009 appears to be an upgrade over Thomas of 2008. If Marko Mitchell's preseason performance turns out to be an indicator instead of a mirage, the red zone offense may have just become noticeably more effective.

- Zorn apparently is becoming more comfortable with the level he feels the offense can operate his scheme, and will be attacking more because of it...if the preseason and his comments are any indication, that is.

- Campbell is in a contract year and has better targets...hopefully those two things add up to more production from the QB spot.

- They lost their highly valued D-Coordinator...might play a wildcard role in everything.

- We have a "real" punter lol...

- Our cheerleaders are even sexier this year :cool:...

Of course, the ticket fiasco will cost us a few points... ;)

Directly to the point, in last years game 1 vs. the Giants, every Skins series in the second half ended with a completed pass short of the first down, except the last one which was a completed pass but was called back for an offensive penalty and ended the game.

That has got to be the key difference for us to win. Jason Campbell has got to throw for first downs when we need them. If he does, we win.

I feel very good about this game

1) JC IMPROVED this pre-season as pre-season went along. Recall last year, he wasn't very effective after the 2nd pre-season game

2) I like our d-line a lot more this year

3) I think the pass protection changes that have been made (mostly with who makes the calls at the LOS) will help

4) The team really didn't play all that bad. The D held after the first 2 drives and the O had some chances but was usually a yard short

5) The Andre Woodson factor. Do not underestimate it

6) I honestly think the Redskins will roll and win by 10

Reasons we have a chance:

- Our run defense seemingly has improved quite a bit with Haynesworth and the return of Daniels...should hopefully help keep Jacobs more in check this time.

lol, what team were you watching this preseason? If memory and stats serve me correctly, each of your 4 preseason opponents, the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, and Jags all looked to run pretty freely on your defense.

- We seem to have improved our ability to pressure the QB as well, again with Haynesworth and also Orakpo...the DLine looked like it was collapsing the pocket better during preseason than they were last season. And Eli does NOT do well when pressured.

You guys were still not getting to the QB. And here's a free tip: Most QB's do not do well when under pressure. Saying Eli is the only QB in the NFL who does poorly under pressure is like saying that fat kid that lives across the street from you likes to eat cake. I'm sure there are plenty of lardasses around the globe who enjoy cake. Just ask JC that, as I am sure he remembers his past few meetings with the Giants running for his life.

- Those first two things should theoretically help our DBs, and they'll be covering a bunch of young, relatively unproven receivers.

Factually speaking, and not theoretically speaking, your secondary is still horrible.

- We have a better receiving unit this time...at least it appears we do. Kelly would look to be an upgrade over Thrash, and Thomas of 2009 appears to be an upgrade over Thomas of 2008. If Marko Mitchell's preseason performance turns out to be an indicator instead of a mirage, the red zone offense may have just become noticeably more effective.

You can have Randy Moss and his clones lined up on the field as your 1,2, & 3 receivers. Your starting QB looked absolutely pathetic this preseason. Your passing attack frightens nobody.

- Zorn apparently is becoming more comfortable with the level he feels the offense can operate his scheme, and will be attacking more because of it...if the preseason and his comments are any indication, that is.

Throwing the ball deep is nice. Throwing the ball deep with accuracy would be even better. :hysterical:

- Campbell is in a contract year and has better targets...hopefully those two things add up to more production from the QB spot.

The Redskins will be looking for his replacement in the offseason, if not sooner.

- They lost their highly valued D-Coordinator...might play a wildcard role in everything.

Maybe, maybe not. We have the personal which in my mind is more important, virtually keeping the same defensive scheme.

- We have a "real" punter lol...

Good, he'll be getting plenty of reps this season with your geriatric offense not moving the ball.

- Our cheerleaders are even sexier this year :cool:...

At least your fans will have something to be interested in on gameday.

lol, what team were you watching this preseason? If memory and stats serve me correctly, each of your 4 preseason opponents, the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, and Jags all looked to run pretty freely on your defense.

You guys were still not getting to the QB. And here's a free tip: Most QB's do not do well when under pressure. Saying Eli is the only QB in the NFL who does poorly under pressure is like saying that fat kid that lives across the street from you likes to eat cake. I'm sure there are plenty of lardasses around the globe who enjoy cake. Just ask JC that, as I am sure he remembers his past few meetings with the Giants running for his life.

Factually speaking, and not theoretically speaking, your secondary is still horrible.

You can have Randy Moss and his clones lined up on the field as your 1,2, & 3 receivers. Your starting QB looked absolutely pathetic this preseason. Your passing attack frightens nobody.

Throwing the ball deep is nice. Throwing the ball deep with accuracy would be even better. :hysterical:

The Redskins will be looking for his replacement in the offseason, if not sooner.

Maybe, maybe not. We have the personal which in my mind is more important, virtually keeping the same defensive scheme.

Good, he'll be getting plenty of reps this season with your geriatric offense not moving the ball.

At least your fans will have something to be interested in on gameday.

:troll:

His points are awful guys, don't do it. Don't feed his hunger.

Laugh to yourselves, ignore his theoretical "i can see the future" idiocy, avoid responding, rinse, lather, repeat. Let my response be the only one this troll can feast on, lol... we can do it! We can defeat this hideous gint of a troll!

There are these little things called "facts" that you've chosen to completely ignore. We gave up 97.25 rush yards/game during the preseason, and that was with the $100 million man only playing like 1 game and change.

Read John Clayton or Matt Moseley or know anything about football in general and you'd find that Blache showed nothing of his stunts and blitz packages... and even given that, IF you'd watched the games, you would have seen the front four collapse the pocket consistently.

Again, those pesky facts... the 7th best pass-defense last year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/position/defense

Well, JC's not a top-5 QB in this league, no doubt about that, and he's done little to show that he's a "franchise" QB, but the only game in which he got ANY playing time this preseason, he hung 17 points on New England in a half, and that's with CP still only sparingly playing.

In conclusion, please please don't come in here and BLOW US ALL AWAY with you amazing empirical evidence, clearly you know what you're talking about, clearly we should bow down... on the other hand, I shouldn't blame you, if I lived in New Jersey, I'd probably blow my ****ing brains out, so I understand you're anger...

JCBigBlue... where can we find you when we beat your *** this Sunday? Im sure you wont be around.
There are these little things called "facts" that you've chosen to completely ignore. We gave up 97.25 rush yards/game during the preseason, and that was with the $100 million man only playing like 1 game and change.

Read John Clayton or Matt Moseley or know anything about football in general and you'd find that Blache showed nothing of his stunts and blitz packages... and even given that, IF you'd watched the games, you would have seen the front four collapse the pocket consistently.

Again, those pesky facts... the 7th best pass-defense last year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/position/defense

Well, JC's not a top-5 QB in this league, no doubt about that, and he's done little to show that he's a "franchise" QB, but the only game in which he got ANY playing time this preseason, he hung 17 points on New England in a half, and that's with CP still only sparingly playing.

In conclusion, please please don't come in here and BLOW US ALL AWAY with you amazing empirical evidence, clearly you know what you're talking about, clearly we should bow down... on the other hand, I shouldn't blame you, if I lived in New Jersey, I'd probably blow my ****ing brains out, so I understand you're anger...

NOOOOOOO! :stop:

It's growing bigger... please, stop!!! Slayeth this beast who trespasses! :sword:

:troll:

His points are awful guys, don't do it. Don't feed his hunger.

Laugh to yourselves, ignore his theoretical "i can see the future" idiocy, avoid responding, rinse, lather, repeat. Let my response be the only one this troll can feast on, lol... we can do it! We can defeat this hideous gint of a troll!

That is very difficult to do...

Way harder to keep quiet than it would be to school his ass.:chair: :hysterical:

That is very difficult to do...

Way harder to keep quiet than it would be to school his ass.:chair: :hysterical:

But just imagine how much more pissed he'd be if no one even acknowledges him.

I think we will do significantly better than we did last season against the Giants. Will we win? Questionable. But we are a better team and we have better circumstances. And the game not being Prime Time has to count for something right? ;)

But just imagine how much more pissed he'd be if no one even acknowledges him.

I think we will do significantly better than we did last season against the Giants. Will we win? Questionable. But we are a better team and we have better circumstances. And the game not being Prime Time has to count for something right? ;)

I totally agree with you except,

Mark my words, "Victory is assured"

That's because you don't actually watch the Skins preseason games, you just guess at what occurred in them.

Haynesworth didn't play against the Ravens (notice I actually mentioned him being one of the reasons the Skins' run defense should be better). Without him, the Ravens had 27 yards on 7 carries against our starrters, less than 4 ypc.

Haynesworth DID play against the Steelers...and the Steelers had 4 rushes for 13 yards against our starters, about 3.3 ypc.

Haynesworth also played against the Pats...and the Pats had 11 rushes for 37 yards against our starters, again about 3.3 ypc.

Haynesworth didn't play against the Jags, and the Jags' 1st stringers went up against our 2nd stringers for the most part.

So, our starting D allowed 3.8 ypc without Haynesworth and 3.3 ypc with Haynesworth...and you laughed and defined that as "running freely" on our defense. Life must be pleasant when you have no idea what you're talking about, huh? lol :cool:...

When Haynesworth was in there, we collapsed the pocket VERY effectively, don't fool yourself otherwise. And you'll have to point out where I said Eli was the "ONLY QB" in the league who does poorly under pressure. But some QBs can handle the pressure, and some QBs start to look like Akili Smith when the pressure is on...Eli falls into that category. I actually believe Campbell handles pressure better than Eli does.

You must have taken several years of debating classes to be able to come back with such a sizzling retort!...The board is blinded by your analytical brilliance :notworthy

And how exactly can our secondary "still be horrible" when we ranked #7 in the league in terms of passing yards per game? (which was ahead of the Giants, by the way)...When we ranked #6 in the league in terms of number of passing TDs given up? (which was ahead of the Giants, by the way)...When we ranked #7 in the league in terms of opponents' QB passer ratings? (which was ahead of the Giants, by the way)...

If ignornance is bliss, you must be constantly smiling from ear to ear lol...

You must have only watched the Steelers' game, I take it...because in the other three games Campbell had:

59% completion rate

8.2 ypa

QB rating of 85.4

That should impress you, because Eli had in his four games:

57% completion rate

7.0 ypa

QB rating of 85.4

"Attacking" doesn't simply mean throwing the ball "deep"...see, when you gain some actual football knowledge, you'll understand this without needing me to tell you :yes:...You'll get there, though :thumbsup:

Yet another blindingly astute comeback!! :applause:...

Um, that's what "might play a wildcard" means lol...it means "Maybe it will be a factor, maybe not"...Keep up, son. But thanks for agreeing with my point :yes:...

Good, he'll be pinning the Giants' offense inside the 10 yard line, and with your impressive defense leading the league in 3-and-outs last year WITHOUT Haynesworth, it will constantly give the offense good field position.

Fixed that for ya :thumbsup:...

At least our fans will have something to be interested in on gameday.

See, there's always a silver lining for you if you look for it :yes:...

Califan! :D I knew you couldn't resist taking out the trash. It will be interesting to see if he is even able to muster a retort.

I love it when people try to talk smack and sound like 4th graders.:hysterical:

I was actually writing all that up while everyone else was responding to him lol...had I read thesubmittedone's post first, I probably wouldnt have bothered :cool:...

I was actually writing all that up while everyone else was responding to him lol...had I read thesubmittedone's post first, I probably wouldnt have bothered :cool:...

Oh. My. God.

There's no stopping it now. It's over.

:maniac:

Just look at it. It's disgusting. Waving its hands all like that. What have you done?

JCBigBlue... where can we find you when we beat your *** this Sunday? Im sure you wont be around.

I will definitely be around Sunday, Monday, and the following weeks. I'm really not trying to stoke the furnace here, but you guys should look at it from outside the bubble for a minute.

Every year, you guys have these unrealistic expectations about your team. Now that you have signed a couple of high priced free agents this offseason, they are suppose to make it all come together, right? Let me ask you this. How many times before did a big name FA come here with a huge price tag only to under-perform, or not even be used correctly?

I keep seeing all these posts about how you guys can easily win 11-12 games, go deep in the playoffs, etc., and it honestly makes me vomit in my mouth a little bit. Here's an idea....WIN THE DIVISION FIRST before you start getting aspirations about doing anything else.

I've been reading these boards for a while and it amuses me about your playoff talks week 1, and after week 10, you guys are already talking about the draft and free agents :hysterical:

Archived