Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: The 2009 Redskins Practice Squad Takes Shape

corrupt3d

Convinently only mention the older players, and leave out guys like Haynesworth, Orakpo, and Jarmon.

No agenda here. :rolleyes:

we still are not getting alot of pressure ..but i guess it will take you about 8 games in the season before your brain realizes that:laugh::laugh::laugh:

A ps players purpose is practice. Before FA, IR guys could practice, so I could fill my practice needs with those guys while also developing them. The PS allows you to have a group of guys to practice with but not really develop them (except with a risk). It was a concession by the PA to make IR a true IR.

Thanks, Darth Tater.

So, I guess a PS player is a full member of the team but only with regards to practice, preparation and all that. Just can't play in the game. But they get paid, just not the big bucks. So I guess that's why Gibbs would constantly rotate PS players. Maximizing the pool of players on or around he club. But to run the scout offense, I imagine they would want a QB that has similar skills to McNabb, Eli, and Homo if there is ever such a common trait with those three. Maybe the scout team isn't that important, huh?

Like that Holmes and Jackson got signed. Bummed that Dixon got picked up by the Eagles. Would like to see Brohm signed to the PS if he's eligible?

Nope, Brohm resigned to the Packers PS. Maybe Booty. Is he still out there?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/06/brohm-decides-to-join-packers-practice-squad/

Nope. Booty gone too. Unless we sign him off the vikes PS to our roster.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/06/booty-makes-it-through-to-vikings-practice-squad/

According to LaCa's twitter, Chase Daniel is going to New Orleans. Not sure if it's practice squad or the roster, but I think they only had 2 QBs prior to this. He'd be a good fit down there, learning from another short QB.

How convenient. We lose Chase to the Aints which we play 12/6 and lose Dixon to the iggles. Or am I reading too much into losing 3rd stringers to opposing teams we eventually play?

we still are not getting alot of pressure ..but i guess it will take you about 8 games in the season before your brain realizes that:laugh::laugh::laugh:

And your brain seems still stuck on last season.

I saw the 'D' getting plenty of pressure when the starting 'D' played in the preseason.

You won't see it, though, as your agenda clouds your thinking.

And your brain seems still stuck on last season.

I saw the 'D' getting plenty of pressure when the starting 'D' played in the preseason.

You won't see it, though, as your agenda clouds your thinking.

LOL ok sugar..:laugh::laugh: writting your name down now...will enjoy bringing this argument up again...because i know for a fact you will change your opinion once the emotion of losing take over....its ok some people just learn football slower than others..I'll be wating for you to come along:D

LOL ok sugar..:laugh::laugh: writting your name down now...will enjoy bringing this argument up again...because i know for a fact you will change your opinion once the emotion of losing take over....its ok some people just learn football slower than others..I'll be wating for you to come along:D

No, the Redskins will do much better in the pressure/sacks dept,and you will slink back under your rock b/c you will have nothing to complain about.

Or you can go watch the UNDRAFTED Dixon just go be a STUD with the Eagles. :rolleyes: :laugh:

No, the Redskins will do much better in the pressure/sacks dept,and you will slink back under your rock b/c you will have nothing to complain about.

Or you can go watch the UNDRAFTED Dixon just go be a STUD with the Eagles. :rolleyes: :laugh:

I hope you are right!i will enjoy eating that crow ..i just don't see that happening here

F.Y.I alot of undrafted players have been studs:chair:

I will take note of that then. Do you think Dixon will get more sacks than Carter, or at least make as much impact?

no,but thats unfair..Carter is solid..AC, i think he will get about 6.5 sacks this season..but if your asking me who will make more of a impact in 3years i would like to say Dixion..if he gets a fair amount of playing time

Dixon = pass rush = LMfao

21forlyfe = goober

I bet you said the same thing last couple of games :doh:...no,you was on here posting about how Dixion looks like a beast...now he gets cut and is signed the next day he's a bumb?LMfao i guess the Eagles signed him that quick because he is sorry..SMFH:hysterical:

I bet you said the same thing last couple of games :doh:...no,you was on here posting about how Dixion looks like a beast...now he gets cut and is signed the next day he's a bumb?LMfao i guess the Eagles signed him that quick because he is sorry..SMFH:hysterical:

Actually this is the first I've heard of the kid and I consider myself a big fan.

Did the guy even get a QB pressure because I simply don't remember him.

I'd be surprised if he made it on the Iggles field this year.

I don't think we'll have to worry about teams raiding THIS practice squad. I know someone liked Holmes, but from what I saw of him in preseason games, I wasn't impressed. Good tackler, but otherwise ....

... I don't recall looking up who #19 was either; Eloi stood out more from the limited time we got to see the backups.

IMO, Jackson's about the best of the lot. And we're considering adding Andre Woodson to this bunch?

So, it's a safe group all right. Maybe if Sellers goes down, we might look here for FB help. But as for the rest ....

Archived