Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cerrato: Redskins Keeping 25 on Offense (4 RBs?)

Farbod21

Is there an echo in here?

Every year it's the same thing.

Cut Rock.

He isn't cut and contributes in a serious way not just on returns but on coverage. Dude is always around the ball. If he goes special teams could be ugly.

Unfortunately the whispers about his age, lack of production on kickoffs, and the performance by our young backs has increased the likelihood he could be cut.

I agree his contributions on special teams have been vital to the Redskins, but I think we have guys who can cover kicks as well as be capable runners. Its gotten to the point that Mason is well deserving of a roster spot, Alridge (while his fumble was a concern) has shown a lot of positive things these last two games, and I don't know that we can justify keeping Rock for the purposes of just covering kicks.

I think there are going to be a lot of people around here angry when they see Rock isn't cut. He's the team leader on teams and Danny Smith is pretty much in love with him, as has been glaringly obvious in the last couple interviews he's given.

If we keep another RB, I'm hoping for Aldridge because he's different than the other guys we have there. He's insanely fast and accelerates in no time at all, has good vision, and I'm pretty sure you can teach a guy proper technique so he doesn't fumble (by carrying the ball in the wrong arm, like last night).

If it's Vinny's decision, it's Aldridge, Vinny salivates every time he talks about him.

If it's Zorn's decision, maybe we keep and extra OL or Hackett (I hope not, he's done nothing), or maybe even another QB (Daniel and Brennan did nothing to prove either of them deserved a shot over the other, but this would be ridiculous).

If it's Danny Smith's decision, he'll see if Snyder can't drum up some money to clone Rock a few times, keep some on the PS.

From the sound of Zorn today, Alridge blew it. So won't be surprised if it's Mason, Zorn really liked the mans work.

Listening to the interview, tone of voice and all, I actually got the opposite feeling. He said Aldridge made the mistake (fumble) then came back and did it right the second time. He said Mason was too focused on pass blocking and, "if he gets a chance to stay with the team" (or something close to that), needs to run routes better.

That's pretty even as far as comments go, but I just got the opposite feeling.

This team has to make the tough moves that good franchises make. A good franchise would cut Rock and keep both Mason and Alridge in this situation. Thomas is more than capable of handling kick returns for us and I just see regression out of Rock in terms of his running ability now. Yesterday he kept stuttering his feet instead of hitting the hole and to me he's not playable right now out of the backfield.

I want mason on this team over betts and rock. But.... For Madden I desperately want a speed back. Portis is down to 89 speed now on madden and against teams with fast ends and backers he has trouble getting around the corner. I WANT SOMEONE FAST PLZ

Is there an echo in here?

Every year it's the same thing.

Cut Rock.

He isn't cut and contributes in a serious way not just on returns but on coverage. Dude is always around the ball. If he goes special teams could be ugly.

obviously by your comment there, choice in player, and your picture, mediocrity is something you're right at home with.

Looks like you're all mostly talking about RBs, but I have a QB question:

Why do we need to have 3 QBs on the 53-man roster? What if we had JC at the 1, TC as the 2 and CB and/or CD on the practice squads? When a team had two QBs go down, it was awful, but how often does that happen? I'm not sure it's worth a roster spot on a guy we'll never see. Not 'never see' as in some of the depth guys who only come out on special teams. I mean 'never see' as in Colt or Chase will probably not take a single snap in the regular season.

I'm not meaning this in any kind of QB controversy kind of way. If you wanted Colt or Chase or both on the PS, why not? But to use a roster spot on them seems like a waste. We could use it on Mason, Alridge or Dorsey. Or even just more depth on the o-line, d-line or linebackers. Maybe even another WR. I don't know, but the 3rd QB seems pointless these days.

Someone tell me where I'm wrong here, but I'll never be crazy about a 3rd QB.

Archived