Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Ministry of Mason

Slacky McSlackAss

Doesn't the #3 RB usually have to contribute on ST? Hasn't it been said by coaches that Marcus is not very good at that aspect of the game? Isn't that a major obstacle towards his making the roster? Isn't it annoying when someone asks multiple passive aggressive questions in a row, all of which are pointed and loaded?

Doesn't the #3 RB usually have to contribute on ST? Hasn't it been said by coaches that Marcus is not very good at that aspect of the game? Isn't that a major obstacle towards his making the roster? Isn't it annoying when someone asks multiple passive aggressive questions in a row, all of which are pointed and loaded?

Well then I hope that Betts knows how to tackle. ;)

i like mason but he wont make the team because he's not a complete back.

i think he should make the team, but i see the reasons why people dont think he will... and they're starting to convince me

Bingo the guy can't pass block so there is no room for a RB that can not pass block nor play special teams.

Just me, but I'd rather have a less "complete back" for a guy that can actually run the ball better then average Betts/Cartwright. Those guys don't threaten anyone.

Yup, what good is an RB that can't run between the tackles or runs the risk of fumbling every time he gets hit? I'd rather have a guy that can pick up the 1st down.

As I said before I like Betts/Cartwright. However, when they come in the game all I think is how they are only going to pick up a couple of yards on a run or check down. Not that Mason is a proven homerun hitter, but I think is more dangerous to defenses then the other two.

Rock doesn't have that breakaway speed anymore. He really isn't a viable backfield option.

Clinton doesn't have that breakaway speed either, NONE of our RBs do lolol

I say cut Rock, sign Mason. I would also like to see Dorsey or Aldridge make it, but I think that would be to much of an overhaul for one off-season. However, I don't think ARE has returned many punts this preseason, so it makes me think that someone will be taking over.

Clinton doesn't have that breakaway speed either, NONE of our RBs do lolol

Hence the point of having Mason. (And possibly Alridge)

He has it more so than Rock does. And Clinton can still run through a guy at the line of scrimmage. Rock needs a full head of steam to accomplish that. Betts, well I think my grandma could trip him up.

Sellers can still run through a guy too....in fact he can run over two guys. And jump over them too. :D

Put Mason in with Sellers or Portis and we'll be gettin a heck of a lot more rushing first downs.

I say cut Rock, sign Mason. I would also like to see Dorsey or Aldridge make it, but I think that would be to much of an overhaul for one off-season. However, I don't think ARE has returned many punts this preseason, so it makes me think that someone will be taking over.

ARE's days on Special Teams are over. I'm sick of watching him dance from side to side and then fall forward for like 5 yards.

+1 ... and he fumbles...and he's slower than Mason...there's really no point in keeping Betts over Mason...or Alridge for that matter.

I think Ladell could take Mason in a race pretty easily.

But Mason has much better lateral movement, and much better vision.

Archived