Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Mike Wise AKA JC homer.

Vooskin

Should the Redskins opt to keep Mason ahead of Rock and Betts?!  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Redskins opt to keep Mason ahead of Rock and Betts?!

• Yes
    • No

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/28/AR2009082804118.html

This guy cannot be serious can he? One preseason game against a bad secondary where Jason looks like an average QB and this is how he responds? Has it really been that long since we've had decent qb play that we consider the AVERAGE performance Jason displayed signs of great things to come? This is the biggest homer talk I have seen in awhile. This man is ridiculous.

"In fact, the next person who seriously wants to engage in a meaningful argument about why Campbell can't play like he's related to Archie Manning, or Brady or Drew Brees, I submit the next paragraph as conclusive proof of why you're wrong.

Shaun Hill. JaMarcus Russell. Brady Quinn. Kyle Orton. Marc Bulger. Mark Sanchez. Trent Edwards. Byron Leftwich. Daunte Culpepper. Matt Schaub.

At this moment in his career, I would take Campbell over every one of those NFL starting quarterbacks. (I want to say Matt Hasselbeck, Jay Cutler and Joe Flacco, too. But to avoid the predictable, "You homer, Wise, Hasselbeck went to a Super Bowl, Flacco was one game short of playing in the Super Bowl and even owner Daniel Snyder and Vinny Cerrato, the team's executive vice president of football operations, wanted Cutler instead of Campbell." I'll just stick with those inferior 10 quarterbacks listed above.)"

You can read the rest of this garbage if you choose. Some of you have probably read it already but I assure you if you haven't it contains some good laughs.

I actually made this because I really would like to know if their are people out there who agree with this. Feel free to splain urselfs

For about two days, we had no Nancies dancing around ES...now, the work week has begun and hidden away in their cubicles, with a smattering of egg mcmuffin on their chin, the Nancies giggle to themselves as they type nasty things about JC.

Hopefully the boss will come by soon and ask them to hold a door or something.

Though I would quibble with his list, his point is well taken. Campbell is a decent, not great, NFL quarterback. It's fine to want a better guy leading your team. It's not fine to constantly, consistently, naggingly berate the guy to a point of aburdity. People have somehow convinced themselves that Campbell is a graduate of the Melwood Institute and is barely capable of dressing himself out in the locker room before the game.

Again, he is a decent, not great NFL quarterback. And like any quarterback his effectiveness goes up if he's given time in the pocket which, knock wood, seems to be the case so far with this offensive line.

I'd have included Romo sits to pee in that list.

Hey, fellas, did you see the NE game?

Did you notice JC had time, like he did in the first half of last season?

Can you try to be objective?

You mean like the first half of last season when he had the best running game in the NFL? Yah I would expect any qb to have a solid outing when the opposition is focused on shutting down the run game. Notice how there was no respect for the passing game during the second half? Teams caught on and realized beyond terrible defenses like new orleans and the lions they dont really need to worry about our passing game.

The broncos turned down our trade offer for cutler because they didnt think JC was good enough, they went with KYLE ORTON.. gives you a little insight as to what other teams really think of him and how they gameplan. A hell of alot more to being a qb then just being able to sit in a pocket pressure free and throwing downfield.

So, compare 10 inferior NFL QB's to JC? That proves what exactly? Ridiculous.

Numerous folks have posted that Campbell couldn't start for any other team in the league.

This gives evidence that people outside of redskin fandom consider that conclusion idiotic...and that anti-Jason sentiment is a wee bit strong for objective discussion to occur on this message board.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/28/AR2009082804118.html

This guy cannot be serious can he? One preseason game against a bad secondary where Jason looks like an average QB and this is how he responds? Has it really been that long since we've had decent qb play that we consider the AVERAGE performance Jason displayed signs of great things to come? This is the biggest homer talk I have seen in awhile. This man is ridiculous.

Shaun Hill. JaMarcus Russell. Brady Quinn. Kyle Orton. Marc Bulger. Mark Sanchez. Trent Edwards. Byron Leftwich. Daunte Culpepper. Matt Schaub.

At this moment in his career, I would take Campbell over every one of those NFL starting quarterbacks. (I want to say Matt Hasselbeck, Jay Cutler and Joe Flacco, too. But to avoid the predictable, "You homer, Wise, Hasselbeck went to a Super Bowl, Flacco was one game short of playing in the Super Bowl and even owner Daniel Snyder and Vinny Cerrato, the team's executive vice president of football operations, wanted Cutler instead of Campbell." I'll just stick with those inferior 10 quarterbacks listed above.)"

I'd take Campbell over those 10 starting QBs too. And maybe even Hasselbeck because of his age and back problems. I'm not for parity and every team having a star QB but either there are too many teams or there are not enough quality starting QBs. Shaun Hill? Orton?

I'd take Campbell but put him in an offense that better suits him instead of this dinky do west coast offense which has grown predictable and boring.

You need to fix your thread title. Should include only the source and title of the article.

WP: UnWise Mike: Quarterback regains his footing.

And, had you done a search, you would know Bubba already posted this same article.

Well I'd change the thread title if I could but if I did then It would be the same as bubba's telling me two things. 1 I shouldnt have made another thread on a similiar topic or two I have a different thread name with a different agenda.

Has it really been that long since we've had decent qb play that we consider the AVERAGE performance Jason displayed signs of great things to come?

Jason Campbell did not have an average performance. Easily above average at least. Why do people cry when the QB is actually playing well? I have no idea.

Surprisingly, WhoRUSupposed2B thinks Jason Campbell can go from scrub to franchise QB in a preseason game against a sub-par defense. Talk about no sense.

One of the first things the game announcers talked about was that the Patriot's defense finished 8th in the league last year. I don't know who they have lost since but I would hardly call them sub-par.

Well I'd change the thread title if I could but if I did then It would be the same as bubba's telling me two things. 1 I shouldnt have made another thread on a similiar topic or two I have a different thread name with a different agenda.

What in the world are you talking about?

All this tells me is that you don't know how to follow rules.

You should have done a search and simply posted your opinion in his thread. End of story.

Just friendly advice for in the future. Don't want to follow it? That's fine. Your choice. Deal with the mods, then.

And FWIW, you can change the thread title. Hit edit, go advanced, and change it.

The broncos turned down our trade offer for cutler because they didnt think JC was good enough, they went with KYLE ORTON.. gives you a little insight as to what other teams really think of him and how they gameplan. A hell of alot more to being a qb then just being able to sit in a pocket pressure free and throwing downfield.

Who said the Broncos were a smart organization?

Their decision to take Kyle Orton was moronic back in March and looks even moreso now.

Let's not even get into Moreno over Orakpo.

The Denver Broncos, the gift that keeps on giving.

Surprisingly, WhoRUSupposed2B thinks Jason Campbell can go from scrub to franchise QB in a preseason game against a sub-par defense. Talk about no sense.

Look, if you're going to be chastising and regurgitate a subject that's been beatened a million times already, then be ready for a challenge from people who have not had their coffee first thing in the morning.

Everytime I read a stupid thread and go to vote on it' date=' it says I already voted. It's the weirdest thing. I can still vote in other threads, but not the ones that are obviously moronic. Anybody else having this problem?[/quote']

Yes. There's a thread in the maintenance forums about it.

Mark says the powers that be know about it.

I think that after one person votes then the vote is locked in and can't be changed.

For about two days, we had no Nancies dancing around ES...now, the work week has begun and hidden away in their cubicles, with a smattering of egg mcmuffin on their chin, the Nancies giggle to themselves as they type nasty things about JC.

Hopefully the boss will come by soon and ask them to hold a door or something.

Actually I just finished making up 4 hours of chem homework I had been putting off. Needed a break before class and I found the article hilarious. Shared it with a friend and he thought the same thing. Other bubba article was just a ton of people agreeing with the guy and moreso people adding more qbs to the list.

As a true redskin fan I'm all about our team winning. I bleed burgundy and gold but I'm not blind.

Archived