Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Mike Wise AKA JC homer.

Vooskin

Should the Redskins opt to keep Mason ahead of Rock and Betts?!  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Redskins opt to keep Mason ahead of Rock and Betts?!

• Yes
    • No

For about two days, we had no Nancies dancing around ES...now, the work week has begun and hidden away in their cubicles, with a smattering of egg mcmuffin on their chin, the Nancies giggle to themselves as they type nasty things about JC.

Hopefully the boss will come by soon and ask them to hold a door or something.

BEST. DESCRIPTION. EVER. :hysterical:
Though I would quibble with his list, his point is well taken. Campbell is a decent, not great, NFL quarterback. It's fine to want a better guy leading your team. It's not fine to constantly, consistently, naggingly berate the guy to a point of aburdity. People have somehow convinced themselves that Campbell is a graduate of the Melwood Institute and is barely capable of dressing himself out in the locker room before the game.

Again, he is a decent, not great NFL quarterback. And like any quarterback his effectiveness goes up if he's given time in the pocket which, knock wood, seems to be the case so far with this offensive line.

As usual, common sense from Dan T.

/thread

I'd take Campbell over those 10 starting QBs too. And maybe even Hasselbeck because of his age and back problems. I'm not for parity and every team having a star QB but either there are too many teams or there are not enough quality starting QBs. Shaun Hill? Orton?

I'd take Campbell but put him in an offense that better suits him instead of this dinky do west coast offense which has grown predictable and boring.

A well thought-out reasonable post from g5...supporting (essentially) Jason Campbell. Holy ****. It's the end of the world as we know it. :yikes:

Other bubba article was just a ton of people agreeing with the guy and moreso people adding more qbs to the list.

There is no rule that says you can't share your voice of dissent even if 99% of responders in a given thread agree with the article.

:2cents:

The sad thing is that no matter how JC plays the majority of this fan base is still going to be against him. Whether its stupidity, pride, or just complete blindness fans cannot praise yet be critical of JC's play. Its one or the other and the majority seem to be against him. You can call it be a homer, or whatever you want, but Jason played very well considering his limited playing time the previous 2 games. Everybody wanted to run him out of DC over his lack of production in the first 2 games but when he goes out there and actually PRODUCES like everybody wanted him to, he still gets little praise from the haters. Too many want to get rid of him and start with somebody new. JC had a great 1st half of the season last year, why do you think it would be any different this year with a better line and hopefully better production from the recievers?? Im not gonna say he's HOF material or even pro bowl material, but JC can win us games if you dont want to support the QB running our team then you should be ashamed of yourself as a fan. Personally I think the article had merit and I enjoyed it.

Of course, my goal is fame.

Then get a blog or a Twitter account if you can't follow simple rules. If you disagree with an article then just post your opinion in the thread already open. It's not that hard.

Don't do what I used to do and use this place as your personal soap box. It's not pretty. The mods don't like it and the other members absolutely hate it.

Tis' not a pretty sight.:)

The sad thing is that no matter how JC plays the majority of this fan base is still going to be against him. Whether its stupidity, pride, or just complete blindness fans cannot praise yet be critical of JC's play. Its one or the other and the majority seem to be against him. You can call it be a homer, or whatever you want, but Jason played very well considering his limited playing time the previous 2 games. Everybody wanted to run him out of DC over his lack of production in the first 2 games but when he goes out there and actually PRODUCES like everybody wanted him to, he still gets little praise from the haters. Too many want to get rid of him and start with somebody new. JC had a great 1st half of the season last year, why do you think it would be any different this year with a better line and hopefully better production from the recievers?? Im not gonna say he's HOF material or even pro bowl material, but JC can win us games if you dont want to support the QB running our team then you should be ashamed of yourself as a fan. Personally I think the article had merit and I enjoyed it.

Exactly man, people think guys against campbell like me are against him for a reason. I LIKE JASON CAMPBELL. If this was opposite world and he was a good quarterback I'd pimp him everywhere but he's not. Its not that we just dislike him for some reason it's that most of us realize his ceiling isnt as high as the supporters think and that just because every situation hes put into isnt perfect doesnt give him an excuse for at least solid qb play. It seems like he needs everything going right to be an OK quarterback. Well that can be said about 90% of the qbs in this league and I'm sorry I'm done making excuses for him to friends, family, opponents fans etc.

Then get a blog or a Twitter account if you can't follow simple rules. If you disagree with an article then just post your opinion in the thread already open. It's not that hard.

Don't do what I used to do and use this place as your personal soap box. It's not pretty. The mods don't like it and the other members absolutely hate it.

Tis' not a pretty sight.:)

I despise twitter =( beyond that most of what I read is Jason supporters and anytime you say something negative you get shunned. I'm not one to crawl in a hole because I get tag teamed by a bunch of guys who havent had their coffee yet =). This is my team just as much as it is anyone's.

I see threads on same subjects but some for supporters some with nonsupporters in mind. Why can't I have a Thread on the same article but pertaining to different people?

I'm sorry I love to talk football but one thing I've learned is that spending too much time in your own camp really keeps new ideas limited and homerism high. Most of the reading I do here I have to role my eyes and it saddens me.

I despise twitter =( beyond that most of what I read is Jason supporters and anytime you say something negative you get shunned. I'm not one to crawl in a hole because I get tag teamed by a bunch of guys who havent had their coffee yet =). This is my team just as much as it is anyone's.

You're getting shunned here too. Haven't you noticed?

Just because you posted the thread doesn't make you invincible to opposing opinions.

Nobody is asking you to crawl in a hole. I just gave you some simple advice so you can avoid being NNT'd or even banned.

Duplicate thread= against the rules. Everyone else has to abide by them.

That's the last I'm going to say on this subject.

Well I'd change the thread title if I could but if I did then It would be the same as bubba's telling me two things. 1 I shouldnt have made another thread on a similiar topic or two I have a different thread name with a different agenda.
Other bubba article was just a ton of people agreeing with the guy and moreso people adding more qbs to the list.

I really don't understand your thought process here.

are you afraid to post "your" contrasting opinion in a thread because others who previously posted disagree with you.... so you wanted to signal those who agree with you, to make you feel more secure?

duplicate threads are against board rules, just because your slant of the same article is different doesn't justify a different thread..... BTW the previous thread only posted the article, nothing else to sway others opinion... it was posted for people to debate, not be a rally for similar bias opinion.

all articles from outside sources must be titled properly for copyright issues. To give proper credit to the author, and media source.

Also for board reasons like to identify the article to try and prevent others from needlessly reposting the same article

As a true redskin fan I'm all about our team winning. I bleed burgundy and gold but I'm not blind.

here you need this

25_2.JPG

Exactly man, people think guys against campbell like me are against him for a reason. I LIKE JASON CAMPBELL. If this was opposite world and he was a good quarterback I'd pimp him everywhere but he's not. Its not that we just dislike him for some reason it's that most of us realize his ceiling isnt as high as the supporters think and that just because every situation hes put into isnt perfect doesnt give him an excuse for at least solid qb play. It seems like he needs everything going right to be an OK quarterback. Well that can be said about 90% of the qbs in this league and I'm sorry I'm done making excuses for him to friends, family, opponents fans etc.

Well if youre not against him for a reason then why would you be against him? Are you saying youre against him for no reason at all? If so I can definately believe that is the reason for the majority of you that cant just accept the man as our starting QB. Youve been so caught up in your negative stances and a reluctant to change that youve forgotten why you dont like him. Im a JC supporter as I was a Brunnel supporter and for a brief period I was a Todd Collins supporter. Whoever is behing the center I am going to root for. With all that should be in JC's head after all the b.s. he went through in the off season I think for him to come out and play like he did against the pats in admirable. Say what you want dude but JC is the QB like it or not and you should as a fan be supportive of him.

Don't worry Vooskin, in 2 months when Campbell has yet to produce points and wins, everyone here will pretend they were on the anti-Campbell bandwagon all along and the Patriots preseason game will be a distant memory. Of course, everyone will be oblivious to this post when you tried to say I told you so.

But this isn't YOUR message board and neither is it mine or anyone else's either. It's "belongs" to the MODs and they make the rules. So feel free to follow them or GTFO.

Thanks for the help VorD

As for the rest, How do I delete a thread?

Don't worry Vooskin, in 2 months when Campbell has yet to produce points and wins, everyone here will pretend they were on the anti-Campbell bandwagon all along and the Patriots preseason game will be a distant memory. Of course, everyone will be oblivious to this post when you tried to say I told you so.

Josh I told you so's don't matter. If they did these guys would call me the seconding coming of nostradamus.

Ahhh, the typical "we're SO much smarter" asshattery............

FYI the overwhelming majority of fans here won't need to pretend anything. We'll take our lumps win or lose and genuinely cheer or groan where necessary without having to play these sorry little games. Your smug adolescent act got old some time ago, it's absolutely threadbare at this point.

Archived