Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What does Chase need to do to secure the #3 spot.

NOLASKINSFAN

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Based on what intel... Please share. Please tell me witch team is willing to take a flyer on a 3rd string quarterback right before the start of the season...

Are you kidding with his ability to learn and his mechanics...Chase will be starting for some other team by week 2 at least;)

Chase has played better than Colt this preseason but I just dont see him taking the spot from Bennan. There is a good chance that Daniels will go to the practice squad but Colt has that year of expierience plus he has been a mainstay at Redskins Park all during the offseason and was noted as one of the dedicated players. The only way that I see Chase Daniels taking the spot from Colt Brennan is if Chase has a big game against Jacksonville and Colt throws more interceptions. Other than that, no chance....

I think Daniel SHOULD supplant Brennan as the team's #3 QB, but I don't know that he will. He hasn't shown enough in games yet, so unless he has a monster game on Thursday, I don't think he has a shot. But based on the way he practices and the reports out of camp, including coming directly from Zorn's mouth, it sounds like Daniel is the better option.

I really hope Zorn lobbies to keep the kid, because it sounds like he likes him.

Yup, Colt went through his progressions so well he found a wide open football player.

That scored a touchdown.

A 99 yard touchdown.

And played for the other team.

EDIT: As for Chase, ideally he has to do zilch and he has it. Colt will probably lose it. But, if he can do things well mechanically, get the ball to the best receiver, move the chains, etc. I think he's got a great chance.

Everyone who throws an interception doesn't go through their progressions, or doesn't go through them right?

Never heard that one before...

Everyone who throws an interception doesn't go through their progressions, or doesn't go through them right?

Never heard that one before...

No, but Brennan has made poor decisions repeatedly this preseason, and even when he makes the right one, often struggles getting the ball past the defensive line. He has done nothing to show that he deserves the spot, while Daniel has done his damnedest to challenge for it.

we are really talking about a guy that has throw 8 passes in the preseason.

also remember this last game is the most worthless, after the first drive the 1st team will be on the bench, so the players that are playing will be parking cars next week.

so no matter how good or bad a guy does, take it with a grain of salt. cause he will not have the top guys blocking, running, catching for him and he will not have the top guys trying to kill him....

again 8 passes TOTAL

colt has 82 over 2 preseasons....

i do find it strange that an organization shows such loyalty to a #3 qb to keep him around even if he is clearly getting outplayed by his competition.

brennan has crazy potential. hes obviously not playing well, but passes like the one to mitchell are why he gets to stay around. hes zorns super project.

whether brennan flames out or becomes great, nobody can deny that the guy is extremely intriguing.

brennan has crazy potential. hes obviously not playing well, but passes like the one to mitchell are why he gets to stay around. hes zorns super project.

whether brennan flames out or becomes great, nobody can deny that the guy is extremely intriguing.

They can and will.Especially the ones with a personal vendetta.I know we have had a few warnings lately...but somebody will come on here and shoot off about colt just give it time.

i do find it strange that an organization shows such loyalty to a #3 qb to keep him around even if he is clearly getting outplayed by his competition.

Marketing...plain and simple. Brennan has an "intriguing" factor, and combine that with people have actually BOUGHT his jersey (unusual for a 6th round 3rd string QB). It all adds up to a player that the great Redskins marketing machine can push down the fans throats. Snyder knows this and will put the screws to Zorn to keep him on the roster, even though he's being outplayed and looked as sloppy as Kyle Orton in Denver so far.

Did you think it was strange when Campbell didn't lose his job to Brennan after the preseason last year? I didn't.

I def want to see Campbell do very well this year, but I hate how a SECOND year player, who obviously plays with the crappy O-line EVERY single game, gets flamed for having a bad preseason so far, when we are about to have a 5 year VET on the team that is still trying to learn the basics. IMO the only way Brennan should be judge whether he's good or not is to allow him to get reps with the starting O-line. IDC who the WRs are that he'll be throwing to, but with the starting O-line, he'll make WRs look good, regardless of whose in. We can't sit here and blame everything mistake Colt has made this preseason except for the pick 6. The backup O-line is crap. And just incase anyone thinks ima *CULT*... I'm actually waiting for the arrival of Tim Tebow.

when we are about to have a 5 year VET on the team that is still trying to learn the basics.

1. not even close to the truth

2. take your JC comments to one of a dozen threads about Campbell

3. Colt is getting heat because he has made two terrible throws in the red zone, and took a sack on third down making the FG attempt go from a 44-46 yarder to a 52 yard attempt. All three decisions where because he was trying to force something to happen that wasn't there, and where mistake high school QB's should not make.

no i didn't. but thats because colt has never been in competition for the #1 spot despite what some people would like to believe.

Neither has JC, despite what some people would like to believe.

I'm just trying to hold all of our QBs to the same standards, instead of coming up with different ones depending on who I like or don't like. If you did the same, you would believe that Brennan should have been our starter last year.

My standards say that Campbell should have started last year because he had more experience in the NFL. I hold the same standard with Brennan and Daniel. Brennan should keep his spot because he's had much more experience, in addition to playing well for the vast majority of his time on the field in 8 preseason games.

My standards say that Campbell should have started last year because he had more experience in the NFL. I hold the same standard with Brennan and Daniel. Brennan should keep his spot because he's had much more experience, in addition to playing well for the vast majority of his time on the field in 8 preseason games.

that is a legit point.

who knows what is going through the FO's mind right now about the #3 spot.

If it was on pure merit, Chase would be ahead right now. But since Colt is the incumbent, CD needs to show that he is head and shoulders better than CB.

Chase has already proved head and shoulders that he is better then Colt. IMO it will be COMPLETE BULLCRAP if we keep Colt over this dude. If we even think of putting Chase on the PS, he will be GONE, not even hours after the fact. Colt needs to have a HOF performance against the Jags for me to even slightly think of putting him ahead of Chase. Chase is a MUCH better prospect then Colt. Only thing that Colt has over Chase is size, a cool name, and a bunch of delushional groupy fans who think he is the second coming of Brett Farve.

Archived