Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Quandry

Commander Adama

I need some opinions from folks. I was contacted from FedEx to become a new Season Ticket holder and when they did, I thought no problem, my wife just finished Nursing school so we should be able to afford it with her getting a job.

3 months and a deposit later, my wife had not passed her NCLEX yet, thus not starting her career yet. So, what should I do? I don't have a credit card, but I think we could possibly scrape by and get the tickets, but I worry that it would be very close "scraping by".

Any insight or opinions would be very helpful. Thanks.

P.S. I posted here since this is Redskins related. If I should have posted in the Tailgate, I apologize.

I need some opinions from folks. I was contacted from FedEx to become a new Season Ticket holder and when they did, I thought no problem, my wife just finished Nursing school so we should be able to afford it with her getting a job.

3 months and a deposit later, my wife had not passed her NCLEX yet, thus not starting her career yet. So, what should I do? I don't have a credit card, but I think we could possibly scrape by and get the tickets, but I worry that it would be very close "scraping by".

P.S. I posted here since this is Redskins related. If I should have posted in the Tailgate, I apologize.

Maybe you could find someone on here that is willing to split them with you? Or just keep a few games and sell the rest.

you should be able to keep the contract in your name, sell them to someone for the season, and be able to use them next year if she gets a job or you get a raise or however your income increases.

just make sure whoever you sell to seems legit, remember the danny can take away your season tickets if the person you sold them to does something unbecoming to the stadium/redskins. oh the irony of stub hub.

As long as you're on the waitlist you can buy tickets to any game of your choice from the Ticket Office without having to be a season ticket holder.

Be smart w/ your funds if you're barely getting by.

Don't just buy season tickets thinking you can resell them to get your money back, b/c you can't. Check the ES classifieds and Craigslist for proof.

Don't buy them. They are going to be available next year as well. It's well proven that the idea that the opportunity to buy season tickets happens once every 25 years is a myth.

Exactly. Don't stretch the budget too thin to get season tickets. You can ALWAYS get tickets for each game at face, and I'm sure you'll have the opportunity to buy seats next year as well.

2 options:

1) split the season tickets with someone. do a lottery. flip a coin, whoever wins goes first, and go backa nd forth until the tickets are gone. you may lose out on a few good games. I did that this year, lost the dallas game, but I also only had to pya for 1/2 the tickets.

2) sell the big selling games as soona s you get the tickets (cause if the redskins suck, you're going to have a hard time getting rid of them). Right now the dallas tickets are going for over 2x face value... so if you get 2 seats... and sell both tickets to the dallas game... you basically pay for that game, and another game.

Don't just buy season tickets thinking you can resell them to get your money back, b/c you can't. Check the ES classifieds and Craigslist for proof.

I guess that depends on your section.

I'm in the 400's, and I get my money back on every game.

****, i even sold both preseason games at face value this year.

As long as you're on the waitlist you can buy tickets to any game of your choice from the Ticket Office without having to be a season ticket holder.

I didn't know you could do this. Can you buy GA tickets at face value? I always thought you could only buy clubs during the season to individual games. Or else you would just have to buy them off stubhub or craigs.

Be smart w/ your funds if you're barely getting by.

Dude - do you even check stub hub and such? 2 people here at my work have Eagles season tickets. They sell the NFC East games for under the avearge price and make enough money to pay for the other games, and pretty much get 4 games almost free and the ability to buy playoff tickets...

Dude - do you even check stub hub and such? 2 people here at my work have Eagles season tickets. They sell the NFC East games for under the avearge price and make enough money to pay for the other games, and pretty much get 4 games almost free and the ability to buy playoff tickets...

Can you find me some Redskins STHs from the 400 level who can brag of the same? The OP is asking about Landover, not Philly.

Archived