Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Mosley's thoughts on Skins

derekc4

I agree with Mose, I don't often but good comments. He is spot on about Hackett. If we keep him because of his Seattle roots, it's a crime. Both Mitchell and Mason should make this team. I know Mason only plays one position, I know Joey T. I know, he should play special teams.

Daniel had a really effective outing. I think he has the edge on Colt Brennan at this point. And yes, I know that hurts at lot of you guys.

It only hurts because we have two guys we want to keep. Honestly, although Collins is the best backup, my ideal choice would be to keep Daniel and Brennan.

Daniel did look nice out there. I think he deserves the roster spot over Brennan, but Brennan will ultimately get it. Next year is the real problem because TC will probably be gone and the team would be insane to put all their eggs in Jason Campbell's basket.

It only hurts because we have two guys we want to keep. Honestly, although Collins is the best backup, my ideal choice would be to keep Daniel and Brennan.

Agreed, Collins does not have much in the tank or upside, for future considerations, I'd take the chance with the two young guys and hope Campbell has a healthy decent year .

I believe there's absolutely no question if we let Chase or Colt go, they would be picked up in a heart beat~

Daniel did look nice out there. I think he deserves the roster spot over Brennan, but Brennan will ultimately get it. Next year is the real problem because TC will probably be gone and the team would be insane to put all their eggs in Jason Campbell's basket.

I agree. So, why not sacrifice one year of Todd Collins now, in exchange for keeping our options open next year. Also, I think Collins is unlikely to be picked up by another team. So if we cut him, we could keep him on PS.

JC just needs to find his rhythm. How many times, for how many years have we heard this?

Or the typical Zorn response:

"Jason did a good job leading the team in what we wanted to do."

I don't blame the guy for defending his QB... but it's obvious! Zorn has two young QBs behind Campbell. Two QBs that he CHOSE, not that he inherited.

Campbell will have another "blah" year and he won't be coming back in 2010.

I'll be ecstatic if Mitchell, Dorsey, and Mason make this team.

Same three I'm rooting for to make the team. I'm sure both Dorsey and Mason won't both make it because our coaches are so bent on Betts and Cartright but, I'm hoping at least one of them make it.

Unless JC has a stellar year he wont be here next season

Betts will make it, but I don't think he should. Mason runs harder, might not catch as well, but is younger and cheaper. As of last night I was okay with Betts, but that stop on the goal line was the last straw. It's not that he didn't make it in. It's that he never does, and he doesn't run with power and get narrowly stopped, he just gets stopped.

I'd love to see Portis, Mason, Cartright, and Dorsey as our RB's

Dorsey can certainly catch as well as portis, and ran the ball surprisingly well last night. Better than I have seen Betts run it.

Betts will make it, but I don't think he should. Mason runs harder, might not catch as well, but is younger and cheaper. As of last night I was okay with Betts, but that stop on the goal line was the last straw. It's not that he didn't make it in. It's that he never does, and he doesn't run with power and get narrowly stopped, he just gets stopped.

I'd love to see Portis, Mason, Cartright, and Dorsey as our RB's

Dorsey can certainly catch as well as portis, and ran the ball surprisingly well last night. Better than I have seen Betts run it.

You would keep those guys over Betts?? Betts is the second best running back we have. Thats a fact.

I liked Mosley's opinions. Campbell looked like crap last night but I thought the defense had some nice plays. I was upset with the field goal on the first drive. It's preseason, use it as practice and go for it!

that was my opinion...

you learn nothing about your kickers hwen you kick a 15 yard field goal... its 3 points... its preseason.. go for it. this team had a terrible time getting in the endzone once insinde the 20 last year...

Orakpo is a beast

i just wish they'd abandon the lb experiment

almost all of his success this preseason has come with his hand in the ground

Except for his two excellent instances of pass coverage last night and his tackle for a loss in the backfield lined up on the opposite side of the field where he would be as a DE. He's making the transition well. I'm sure he'll be tested by opposing teams, but what rookie LB wouldn't?

Archived