Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage: 2009 Steelers at Redskins (FINAL)

bredskin

On the 3rd down in the second series - JC back pedaled 20 steps - and NEVER stopped to step up!! Folks we have a nice QB but not one that can make plays for this team.

He was trying to set up a screen pass and draw the rush, he's not meant to step up. That said the pass offense with the 1st string just looked out of sync. Pass protection looked good though.

The Skins do have work to do. They need to finish. The pass rushers need to wrap up. For the first time in years they seem to be actually putting pressure on the Steelers QB but because the DBs are playing soft coverage the QB still completes the passes.

Wow! We made a punt return for more than a yard!!!

I see some things this week much better. JC is still not impressive at all and I can see that this will probably be his final season as a Redskin. OL is better than what I thought it would be but... Our DL looks intense, but yes, our secondary looks soft yet again.

If Todd Collins were younger he would be our starting QB.

I don't see a lot of depth and that's an issue that was apparent last week against the Ravens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fosback

On the 3rd down in the second series - JC back pedaled 20 steps - and NEVER stopped to step up!! Folks we have a nice QB but not one that can make plays for this team.

RESPONSE:He was trying to set up a screen pass and draw the rush, he's not meant to step up. That said the pass offense with the 1st string just looked out of sync. Pass protection looked good though.

=======

My point exactly. The play did not develop as anticipated - so stop and try to do something on your own. Watch tapes on how Big Ben plays - you will find most of his best passes came from unscripted moves. JC does not seem to have this ability.

Since we all like to talk about quarterbacks, can I be the first to start a Chase Daniel/Colt Brennan quarterback controversy?

Chase > Colt

/controversy

"Auto F5 reload window" options Default timeout* Timeout for this page* Add random value to timeout between 0 and* Show and hide menu Ignore everything after these symbols in URL(separate with spaces) Include the separators in the URL saved Hide menu when clicking outside the menu Prolong timeout on mouseclicks or keyboard input Reload all pages with default timeout, which has no timeout set

*Format examples: hh:mm:ss, h:m:ss, m:sss, s etc. like 1:20:30 oder 500 oder 3:100

colt was doing good and didnt throw any incomplete pass...til he got intercepted. both chase and brennan still outperformed collins...if brennan gets released, i hope he goes to a team that needs a QB, there are some teams out there that have mediocre QBs

Stand outs Daniel Orakpo Wilson Dorsey Barnes Davis Mitchell Mason

Standdowns Colt Eloi

stand down = colt?

colt completed all of his pass,

threw one interception.

i think he played just as good or better than collins, who also had a pass intercepted.

I know our starters wernt all too hot, but Im still very happy we got a win. Chase looked very good (albiet against third team steelers players with our thrid teamers) and this win will hopefuly spark our guys to keep playing well and stay on the winning side of things. At a minimum this is a little bit of a morale booster

Archived