Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

5 QB's under pressure (Campbell blurb)

Chrisbob74

Jason Campbell, Washington Redskins: You have to feel for Jason Campbell in a way. He's had more offensive systems thrown at him than his receivers dropped passes last year (40 in all, 5th in the league and all four QB's above him attempted more passes) it seems. Every year brings a new scheme and terminology – it's like starting again for Campbell and this has gone on right throughout his college and professional careers.

His ability to sustain drives and make big plays is the area he needs to show considerable improvement in or both he and the offense will remain stagnant. 58.7% completion (31st in the league), 5.9 yards per attempt (25th), only 3TD passes (tied 26th) – none of which were over 20 yards – and only five completions over 20 yards (28th) on 3rd downs are all stats that show he failed to get the job done in key situations last season and explain why the team's offense struggled with only a 35% completion on 3rd downs

Link to the rest of the article

JC seems like a nice guy, but the excuses are getting pretty lame. Don't wanna have to learn a new system, well here's a novel idea: excel in the one you're playing in and there won't be a need for change...

The only system JC might be responsible for the change is Saunders. But then the Rams liked Saunders system so much, they gave him the boot after one year.

Sure hope JC makes this an easy decision about resigning him or not. If he does not improve but we make the playoffs mostly because of our defense not sure which way the FO will go.

Either stink it up so we can move on or improve and stop checking down and being late with your delivery so we can get and stay behind you.

We all know it though... Untill the team wins the popular answer is always going to be a new QB and seldom the other way around. I would be very suprised if every .500 and under team didnt have their version of the CoC.....Such is life in the NFL

I really believe that if JC struggles on Thursday the Redskins will bring Vick in. I do think they are one of the five teams that is interested but are waiting to see how things pan out and maybe let the whole Vick thing quiet down a little.

I really believe that if JC struggles on Thursday the Redskins will bring Vick in. I do think they are one of the five teams that is interested but are waiting to see how things pan out and maybe let the whole Vick thing quiet down a little.

You can't be serious! Zorn has said that JC will play only one or two series. He's not going to make that drastic a quarterback change based on one or two series in a pre-season game. :doh:

We all know it though... Untill the team wins the popular answer is always going to be a new QB and seldom the other way around. I would be very suprised if every .500 and under team didnt have their version of the CoC.....Such is life in the NFL

i went on pitt boards and saw a lot of digital ink being spilled about how byron should be in over ben.

2 SBs.

i know he's not the best qb, but if he gets you 2 SB rings i would run with it and keep complaints to a minimum.

Vick might not be able to play until week 6, so why the heck would we want him as our starting QB?

i think your belief system needs a check in the football world.

Vick is not a long-term solution and also is a poor short-term solution due to 2 years of rust, some normal wear and tear, and missing significant time in training camp.

Danny-boy has also become more shrewd in his pursuits after being burned badly in 2006, although he is still very aggressive and may make another bad move somewhere along the line...

I do like what Snyder said to Campbell when they met after the attempt to trade him, according to Cerrato.

"I think he understands where we're coming from," said executive vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato. "Dan [snyder, the team's owner] told him, 'I want to pay franchise quarterback money, and if it's you it's the easiest thing to do. So go do it.'"

It is interesting though that Cerrato didn't really know if Jason understood where they were coming from. Doesn't everybody, at this point?

Average play will not equate to franchise QB pay, and that would mean Campbell wouldn't stay.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12043566

One last note. Snyder is desperate for franchise QB. That is going to cost him $15-$20 million a year. If Campbell doesn't excel this year, I can see Snyder trading him for anything and then bringing in a few QB's at $5 million or so to compete with Colt Brennan. The caveat here is that if Brennan did come in this year and prove he is the real deal, he is the man.

Vick might not be able to play until week 6, so why the heck would we want him as our starting QB?

i think your belief system needs a check in the football world.

Could be they are thinking of playing Todd for as long as he can carry us and then if needed let Colt or even Vick come in.

I will say one thing, Jason comes out on Thursday and dumps off a couple of times and gets picked like he did the other day he is DONE.

Could be they are thinking of playing Todd for as long as he can carry us and then if needed let Colt or even Vick come in.

I will say one thing, Jason comes out on Thursday and dumps off a couple of times and gets picked like he did the other day he is DONE.

If ARE slips down like he did the other day and allows the interception, then he should be the one gone, not Jason. Go back and read actually happened.

From redskins.com

"Campbell drops back to pass and throws to the right sideline. Antwaan Randle El is on a comeback route and he appears to slip."

If ARE slips down like he did the other day and allows the interception, then he should be the one gone, not Jason. Go back and read actually happened.

From redskins.com

"Campbell drops back to pass and throws to the right sideline. Antwaan Randle El is on a comeback route and he appears to slip."

For the guys that are always throwing numbers (facts) in our faces that doesn't matter a pick is a pick. Also heard a lot about how Jason looks the same and that is not a good thing.

Look I don't care who takes us to the next level but I am tired of wasting other talent on this team and we need to make sure the guy behind center when the season starts is the best available to us at the time, period.

Archived